Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

Leicester City

At the start of the season, the official championship magazine that came out had Leicester to finish just around the play-offs, after Rob Kelly last season became our saviour. Good things were being talked of about Leicester, with an exciting new young manager. But instead, we struggled once again. I would like to be proved wrong but, would it be a case of finishing in the bottom half and hovering above relagtion. I'd hate to think so, but i can't say that i'm positive about the next season.

At the start of the season, the official championship magazine that came out had Leicester to finish just around the play-offs, after Rob Kelly last season became our saviour. Good things were being talked of about Leicester, with an exciting new young manager. But instead, we struggled once again. I would like to be proved wrong but, would it be a case of finishing in the bottom half and hovering above relagtion. I'd hate to think so, but i can't say that i'm positive about the next season.

[/quot

18(P), 15(FL), 16(FL), 19(FL), ??(FL)

Can’t say many were predicting Leicester would make the playoffs, I seem to remember we were tipped to finish between 10th and 13th by most, a lot was said of our strong finish at the end of last season, little was said of Kelly being an “up and coming young manager†though he was seen as having the capacity to do well (for those who’d only had a vague knowledge of what had go on at the club since he arrived).

As for next season, frankly this season has just taken it out of me completely! Yesterday was just dire I wanted to leave on eighty minutes and I never leave games early!

But back to next season…

Tis all a “great unknownâ€, we don’t know who will be manager, we don’t know what player’s we’ll be able to bring in, we don’t know what players will be brought, we don’t know who will off loaded, we don’t know what the kit will be like, we don’t know which clubs will be coming down, we don’t know what other clubs will spend in the summer, we don’t know… we just don’t know much at all!

I think next season is likely to be an improvement on what we’ve seen in the past, but frankly that wouldn’t be hard, money will be spent, players will arrive and improvements will be made but that may only take us as far as midtable… it all very unclear as things stand.

It's going to take a good deal of time (and money) for us to get anywhere near the playoffs.

Next season I think a mid table finish is what we can achieve at best... :dunno:

we have some money now and well look at Derby!!

worse than us last season ending up only 2games away from the premiership shows it's VERY possible Leicesters season didn't end yesterday it starts TODAY!!

as i said, lets hope i can be proved wrong, we all know we dont deserve to be in the championship, certainly not in the bottom half of it. :fox:

why dont we deserve to be at the bottom, i think we have finished were we deserve to finish.

the legacy of levein and to a lesser extent Kelly is one of lost opportunity. We have a squad of virtually zero value with a couple of exceptions but there we are talking hundreds of thousands rather than millions and we will have to rebuild from the bottom and hope that some of the youth team make good and displace the need to replace the whole side. This is a huge task -but if we finish top half with a crop of good young players coming through at the end of next season then MM's time scale is back on track. Look at the likes of wolves' kightly and keogh compared with low,hammond,hammill etc Mind you a "top half" finish means we will likely as not lose around half our games- let's hope that patience doesn't wear too thin

18(P), 15(FL), 16(FL), 19(FL), ??(FL)

Begin --> down three places --> down one place --> down three places -->

That means next season, we ought to finish 20th (down one from this year). :thumbup:

That makes no sense!!

How is going from 18th in the Prem to 15th in the Championship "down three places"?!

the legacy of levein and to a lesser extent Kelly is one of lost opportunity. We have a squad of virtually zero value with a couple of exceptions but there we are talking hundreds of thousands rather than millions and we will have to rebuild from the bottom and hope that some of the youth team make good and displace the need to replace the whole side. This is a huge task -but if we finish top half with a crop of good young players coming through at the end of next season then MM's time scale is back on track. Look at the likes of wolves' kightly and keogh compared with low,hammond,hammill etc Mind you a "top half" finish means we will likely as not lose around half our games- let's hope that patience doesn't wear too thin

Losing games is not the problem - every Leicester fan has built in durability by now - and we've always seen our share of defeats even in the good days.

It's the way we lose, especially inrecent times, that bothers me.

Cos I don't feel patient at all when managers needlessly select unfit and negative teams/players and then adopt negative tactics.

And getting a manager who will know and appreciate the Kightly's and Keogh's and who can persuade such players to join us would be a help.

Cos there's a world of difference between them and much of what we've signed as supposed footballers.

What have I said for the past 2 years? We are now just an average prehaps just below average Championship side. And that is what has been proven in the past 2 years.

Hopefully this is the summer that big chances that are NEEDED will happen, Clear out the deadwood is where we need to start, I don't think it will happen because although we have Milan and money now I don't think he has that sort of money but there are probably about 4 players who I would keep from the squad the rest know where the door is, as I said don't think that will happen because of money...Fookin overpaid shites, can't even sack em' :rolleyes:

How anyone thought we would be as high as the play-offs this season is mind boggling??!! We have had to live of rations in relative terms in the transfer market and have had to rely on bringing in bosmans FFS! We couldnt even afford to bring in anyone on loan until we sold Williams in January and then RK rushed around to bring in a few donkeys!!!

Next season is totally different though. We have money and only about 8 clubs at this level will be able to compete with us. Also from those 8, many players may well want to choose us for footballing reasons ahead of some of the others because we have great facilities and a very good fanbase.

We wont be the first club from going from the brink of relegation to a possible play-off club next season. It doesnt take too much IMO as despite everyone going on how tight the Championship was this season, most of it is down to this league being so shite! Clubs like Colchester, Sheffield Weds, Preston etc are very very average but have done well. We need to throw some money at this and it wont take much to be a play-off team. Automatic promotion is a completely different animal though with the relegated Prem teams coming down with good players. We can make it to the play-offs with the right manager and signings no doubt!

How anyone thought we would be as high as the play-offs this season is mind boggling??!! We have had to live of rations in relative terms in the transfer market and have had to rely on bringing in bosmans FFS! We couldnt even afford to bring in anyone on loan until we sold Williams in January and then RK rushed around to bring in a few donkeys!!!

Next season is totally different though. We have money and only about 8 clubs at this level will be able to compete with us. Also from those 8, many players may well want to choose us for footballing reasons ahead of some of the others because we have great facilities and a very good fanbase.

We wont be the first club from going from the brink of relegation to a possible play-off club next season. It doesnt take too much IMO as despite everyone going on how tight the Championship was this season, most of it is down to this league being so shite! Clubs like Colchester, Sheffield Weds, Preston etc are very very average but have done well. We need to throw some money at this and it wont take much to be a play-off team. Automatic promotion is a completely different animal though with the relegated Prem teams coming down with good players. We can make it to the play-offs with the right manager and signings no doubt!

The only thing i'm wary of is yes we have money, and with the rumoured budget (8 Million I have heard, how true it is is another question) we should be challenging for promotion, spending the money is another question though. For instance if we have Ince as manager I don't have much faith at all.

IMO the main thing we need to do is get rid of the deadwood (The majority of the players) if we can replace the with only half decent players, it would be an improvement!

like so many people on here have already said we need to clear out the dead wood and get a good manager who is capable of buying quality players and getting those players to play together as a team. if we get a manager who can do that then i think we are more than capable of finishing in the top half of the table.

like so many people on here have already said we need to clear out the dead wood and get a good manager who is capable of buying quality players and getting those players to play together as a team. if we get a manager who can do that then i think we are more than capable of finishing in the top half of the table.

Top half is what I expect next season, with the funds availiable (Although as I said in a previous post, Its alright having funds, spending them is another question and i'm not sure I have the faith in Ince should he be appointed, but who do you trust? :dunno: Personally not many people after what PT did :@) a Top 10 is what i'm looking at, we have money now no excuse, money doesn't buy you success but it will buy you a hell of alot more than the current losers we currently have. People talking of Playoffs and promotion I think is abit OTT, but Top half/Top 10 no excuse's.

Top half is what I expect next season, with the funds availiable (Although as I said in a previous post, Its alright having funds, spending them is another question and i'm not sure I have the faith in Ince should he be appointed, but who do you trust? :dunno: Personally not many people after what PT did :@) a Top 10 is what i'm looking at, we have money now no excuse, money doesn't buy you success but it will buy you a hell of alot more than the current losers we currently have. People talking of Playoffs and promotion I think is abit OTT, but Top half/Top 10 no excuse's.

Top half finish isn't an unreasonable expectation but your post suggests that we now have a shitload of cash to raid the transfer market with.

In truth I just see Mandaric as pushing us towards a more equal playing field financially speaking with the other better clubs in the league. And the problem is they're a few steps ahead in terms of their current team.

Milan said 3 years for a reason.

Top half finish isn't an unreasonable expectation but your post suggests that we now have a shitload of cash to raid the transfer market with.

In truth I just see Mandaric as pushing us towards a more equal playing field financially speaking with the other better clubs in the league. And the problem is they're a few steps ahead in terms of their current team.

Milan said 3 years for a reason.

Let me just clear up is when I say funds, I mean any type of funds. I.e - We have had nothing to spend for the last 4/5 years now, anything is better than nothing!

Although I have heard the rumours which as I said earlier its a question of how true the rumours are is that we will have 8 million, I do believe that is slightly high and surprised by that but its just what i've heard a read on here.

I would have thought that we'd have a couple of million, if I was optimistic. :dunno: Does the £9 million figures include wages?

I think all that was said as part of the negotiations/agreement was that he would invest 4.5 mill for each of the next two seasons, for all I know that might include pianting the stadium as well.

Archived