Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tigana Leaving Besiktas

Mandaric often has ideas above his station and he won't for one minute think it's un-realistic to go after managers and players like Tigana and Ilic. Ok, so the managers and players might not be interested, but you've got to speculate to accumulate. Even if neither Tigana or Ilic come to Leicester, i'd be surprised if we don't see some players here that have played in European competitions during their career.

Mandaric will have plenty of contacts throughout Europe putting out the vibe to come and join him at Leicester. There are always plenty of quality players for this level on bosman's that English clubs miss out on because they don't have the resources, ambition and ability to attract them to their clubs. I think we might well be an exception. I hope we get a big name player in to cause some hype like Pompey did with Prosinecki and others.

I think he knows he wil have to generate hype by bringing at least one big name, wether it be manager or a player (hopefully both) to boost season ticket sales

Sorry to spoil the party, what is it about him that makes him a legend?

And i'm not saying NO, dont even consider him. I want to know,

Others will provide a more informed view, but this is the bottom line with Tigana…

1.)Got Fulham promoted.

2.) Played attractive football.

3.) Brought in talented players (a mixture of youth and experience).

4.) The younger players he brought in invariably turned out to be astute buys who went on to command transfer fees far in excess of what Tigana had paid for them.

…as I say others will have a more detailed appraisal, but to put it frankly Tigana is probably the absolute best we could get (the worst probably being Robson or Pearce!).

4.) The younger players he brought in invariably turned out to be astute buys who went on to command transfer fees far in excess of what Tigana had paid for them.

Yeah he also did it with Monaco, he signed people like Henry and Trezeguet for them before they were great.

Others will provide a more informed view, but this is the bottom line with Tigana…

1.)Got Fulham promoted.

2.) Played attractive football.

…as I say others will have a more detailed appraisal, but to put it frankly Tigana is probably the absolute best we could get (the worst probably being Robson or Pearce!).

Ok then.

The only person i've seen say they wanted Jean Tigana is Ric Flair before today,

Now he's resigned* I see members saying they wanted Tigana all along.

Strikes me as fickle

Ok then.

The only person i've seen say they wanted Jean Tigana is Ric Flair before today,

Strikes me as fickle

Thats because I thought we had no chance if he was staying with Besiktas, which I'm 99.99% sure we wouldn't.

Ok then.

Strikes me as fickle

I've said it before more than once. Here's one I could find:

I would still love Jean Tigana here...

Not quite sure how realistic those chances are, I hear his contract at Besiktas is running out at the end of the season :dunno:

I thought that were the case. Tigana was really the person that was instrumental to Fulham's success at that time. He signed some great players who were then eventually flogged for loads of money. Some of the football Fulham played under Tigana was fantastic watch.

Out of all the names flying around he’s definitely the most successful out of the lot.

At first I wasn't sure about him but now he's no.1 choice, I would like to see someone with a bit character and JT certainly embodies that. Milan & Tigana working partnership would brilliant. Let's hope MM can tempt him in?

STEVE MARLET??

I would love to see Tigana here but even with MM's ambition I can't see him taking a championship job. If he were to return to England I'm sure his destination would be Man City :(

Laugh and ridicule, but I want Adams back.

P.S - I don't need a lecture on how Adams 'ruined' us, I won't change my mind.

I would love to see Tigana here but even with MM's ambition I can't see him taking a championship job. If he were to return to England I'm sure his destination would be Man City :(

Totally agree! Micky Adams would do a much better job than some of the names being thrown into the hat

Not a bad shout Dan, just get ready for the stick your going to get :rolleyes:

When MA left us we were about 13th in the Championship which is higher than we have been with our last 3 managers! He guided Cov to a high position in his first season there. Bring back the bumchin!

Not sure whether that means he's going back to France to coach or that it just means he's leaving Besiktas in general. Tigana would be quality here. Milan, do the job.

Tigana would be perfect leiester manager. Look what he did at Fulham and the club he has just left

When MA left us we were about 13th in the Championship which is higher than we have been with our last 3 managers! He guided Cov to a high position in his first season there. Bring back the bumchin!

I thought we were 9th but hey like you said we haven't reached those heights ever since. This is one of many reasons I feel MA should be given the job.

I thought we were 9th but hey like you said we haven't reached those heights ever since. This is one of many reasons I feel MA should be given the job.

Without going into a lot of detail he spent a large proportion of the parachute payment on aged mercenaries looking for a last pay day. Just because Levein and Kelly weren't better does not of itself make Adams the right choice. We may have been 9th or 13th but the football was just as shite as it was under both Levein & Kelly, it was just expensive shite.

Archived