Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tigana Leaving Besiktas

Statement from Tigana:

11.05.2007 15:15

Celebrating his 3rd Cup victory in only 1.5 years, our Technical Director Jean Tigana announced that he would be leaving the club following our last league game against Kayserispor.

Right after our 1-0 Cup final victory over Kayseri Erciyesspor, Tigana made this statement regarding his future with the club:

“This is my 3rd Cup victory with the club. When I first came to Beşiktaş, we had a fairly aged team but as you all see, we succeeded in establishing a promising team full of young players. We achieved this in only1.5 years. I thanked to my president Yıldırım Demirören this morning for his ongoing support on this matter. Currently we are placed second in standings, ahead of Galatasaray and not far from Fenerbahçe. With this opportunity, I would like to express my gratitude to all those players who had shown a professional commitment and self- sacrifice in their work. After our final game against Kayserispor, I am going home. I am sure Beşiktaş will find better technical director without a loss of time."

Not sure whether that means he's going back to France to coach or that it just means he's leaving Besiktas in general. Tigana would be quality here. Milan, do the job.

Just seen this on SSN. Milan has a history of appointing foreign managers aswell, but i would still prefer Pearce.

There's just too many managers to choose from now. We're forgetting about Coleman, then there's Pearce, Jewell, Tigana, Davies, Dowie who else?

Just seen this on SSN. Milan has a history of appointing foreign managers aswell, but i would still prefer Pearce.

There's just too many managers to choose from now. We're forgetting about Coleman, then there's Pearce, Jewell, Tigana, Davies, Dowie who else?

Pearce :o What are you on! Tigana is not my type of manager either. Coleman is the man! Pearce, pfft, where did you get that from :o

Too many to choose from? lol

Pearce - why?

Jewell - 6 month break.

Dowie - no no no no NO.

Tigana - would be nice but really can't see it happening.

Davies - most likely but if Derby get promoted... doubt it.

Coleman still my preferred, realistic choice.

Too many to choose from? lol

Pearce - why?

Jewell - 6 month break.

Dowie - no no no no NO.

Tigana - would be nice but really can't see it happening.

Davies - most likely but if Derby get promoted... doubt it.

Coleman still my preferred, realistic choice.

The realistic and only person is Bryan Robson.

But i quite like the idea of having Jean Tigana. Didn't he get Fulham promoted or was that KK?

But i quite like the idea of having Jean Tigana. Didn't he get Fulham promoted or was that KK?

Tigana

His record at Besiktas is very, very good as well considering the team he inherited 2 years ago.

Tigana

His record at Besiktas is very, very good as well considering the team he inherited 2 years ago.

I thought that were the case. Tigana was really the person that was instrumental to Fulham's success at that time. He signed some great players who were then eventually flogged for loads of money. Some of the football Fulham played under Tigana was fantastic watch.

Out of all the names flying around he’s definitely the most successful out of the lot.

At first I wasn't sure about him but now he's no.1 choice, I would like to see someone with a bit character and JT certainly embodies that. Milan & Tigana working partnership would brilliant. Let's hope MM can tempt him in?

I thought that were the case. Tigana was really the person that was instrumental to Fulham's success at that time. He signed some great players who were then eventually flogged for loads of money. Some of the football Fulham played under Tigana was fantastic watch.

Out of all the names flying around he’s definitely the most successful out of the lot.

At first I wasn't sure about him but now he's no.1 choice, I would like to see someone with a bit character and JT certainly embodies that. Milan & Tigana working partnership would brilliant. Let's hope MM can tempt him in?

Most importantly his initials are JT... which is all the rage at the moment.

Yea... Mr. JT, now what you got for me

Mr. JT, now what you got for me

Mr. JT, now what you got, what you got

Mr. JT, now what you got, what you got

You're sneaky

From the corner of my eye I saw you eyeing me

I know that you're watching

Tell me

What would you do if I encouraged you

To get next to me

When nobody's watching

The way your body keeps moving

Is something that makes me weak

Let's start our own little secrets

For just you and me to keep

Too late to come off shy now

You've already gone this far

So baby make your move, take charge

Show me what you got for me

Tigana

I've no problem with Tigana either. But it would be a major achievement for MM to get him.

Just wish people elswehere on the thread wouldn't mention Bryan Robson and Stuart Pearce while I'm having some lunch. :frusty:

Tigana would be quality! I'm not sure i agree that he'd not come here, he was in somthing of a cul-de-sack in Turkey and i wonder if we might be able to nab him, while the likes of Coleman and Davis stand head and shoulders above a generally unimpressive field at the moment, Tigana is just a "cut above"... ticks all the boxes :thumbup:

I dont even know what thats meant to mean... Worthington is a better manager than Robson and if he even featured in MM calculations he'd have either got the job when Wortho did or he'd have been brought in by now, the fact that he hasnt (and that no other clubs is even slightly interested in him) suggests he isnt even being considered... thankfully!

I'm sorry... but your an idiot! Pearce is a shite manager (!) Give me a good reason why we should be even considering a manager with a record of failure, underachivment and inability to instill discipline within his teams on and off the pitch!? :@

PS: I dont really mean "idiot" its just a bloody silly thing to say IMHO... Pearce has achived nothing as a manager beyond wasting money and losing control of his players wouldnt want him near my club!

Tigana parts company with Besiktas

ISTANBUL, May 15 (Reuters) - French coach Jean Tigana has parted company with Besiktas after the two mutually agreed to terminate his contract, the Turkish club said on Tuesday.

Click here

The announcement followed Besiktas's failure to keep up with Istanbul rivals Fenerbahce in the battle for the first division title.

'We thank Mr Tigana for the way he has served the club until now and wish him success in the future,' Besiktas said in a brief statement on their website.

Tigana took charge of Besiktas in October 2005 after a bitter legal battle with his former club Fulham, which he said cost him the chance of taking over as France's national coach.

Going into the last three games, Fenerbahce were five points ahead of second-placed Besiktas. Fenerbahce drew on Sunday, but Besiktas failed to capitalise, losing 3-0 to Bursaspor.

With two matches remaining, they are six points behind Fenerbahce and two ahead of the other major Istanbul club, Galatasaray. Fenerbahce have secured the title because they have a better head-to-head record against Besiktas.

Last week, Besiktas won the Turkey Cup, beating Kayseri Erciyesspor 1-0 after extra-time.

Would be awesome, really would.

Btw. Pearce + Robson = UTTER SHITE. Christ, I have no idea why people want these managers I really don't, it's madness.

Get Tigana in now. We should do everything we can to get him, even if it costs us a considerable amount of money. No compensation needed to be paid, so we could tempt him with a good salary and a hefty bonus if he get's us promoted.

He advocates signing young players and turning them in to quality players like many successful managers do. I'm sure he'd be interested in managing in England again, I think Al Fayed treated him fairly badly near the end of his tenure and Mandaric has a massive reputation in football, especially in Europe. So I can't see this being a un-realistic suggestion to go after Tigana.

Tigana and Ilic as the manager and first signing. Ooooh ya fooker, season tickets would be snapped up willy nilly.

Get Tigana in now. We should do everything we can to get him, even if it costs us a considerable amount of money. No compensation needed to be paid, so we could tempt him with a good salary and a hefty bonus if he get's us promoted.

He advocates signing young players and turning them in to quality players like many successful managers do. I'm sure he'd be interested in managing in England again, I think Al Fayed treated him fairly badly near the end of his tenure and Mandaric has a massive reputation in football, especially in Europe. So I can't see this being a un-realistic suggestion to go after Tigana.

Tigana and Ilic as the manager and first signing. Ooooh ya fooker, season tickets would be snapped up willy nilly.

I totally agree, you know I can't see Coleman getting the job now or ince i'm sure MM would have made a move for either one before now if those were who he wanted!

Waiting til the end of May makes me kinda sway towards Billy Davies (play-off commitments) but im with you wanting Tigana

Amen! :yesyes:

I would love to see that happen.

Its about time Leicester started being ambitious instead of settling for this or settling for that, its about time we decided to do something and go somewhere.

Mandaric often has ideas above his station and he won't for one minute think it's un-realistic to go after managers and players like Tigana and Ilic. Ok, so the managers and players might not be interested, but you've got to speculate to accumulate. Even if neither Tigana or Ilic come to Leicester, i'd be surprised if we don't see some players here that have played in European competitions during their career.

Mandaric will have plenty of contacts throughout Europe putting out the vibe to come and join him at Leicester. There are always plenty of quality players for this level on bosman's that English clubs miss out on because they don't have the resources, ambition and ability to attract them to their clubs. I think we might well be an exception. I hope we get a big name player in to cause some hype like Pompey did with Prosinecki and others.

Archived