Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tigana Leaving Besiktas

Without going into a lot of detail he spent a large proportion of the parachute payment on aged mercenaries looking for a last pay day. Just because Levein and Kelly weren't better does not of itself make Adams the right choice. We may have been 9th or 13th but the football was just as shite as it was under both Levein & Kelly, it was just expensive shite.

All true (particularly the point about the kind of players Adams would bring in when he was manager)... Adams was far better than the likes of Levein or Kelly, this didnt mean he was "good" we should be looking for much better and not taking a step back by apointing a failed ex-manager, didnt think we should have forced him out when we did but wouldnt want him back!

I've said it before more than once. Here's one I could find:

Linkage to my Tigana suggestion on March 12. :thumbup:

I thought I'd compile a list of potential managers. I personally don't think Rob Kelly is the man to take us forward, but he's done a solid job with limited resources.

Joe Royle - Good track record with Oldham and Man City. Did a decent job at Ipswich, finished 3rd in the Championship in 2005. He was then forced to sell their best players the following season when losing in the play-offs.

Nigel Worthington - Led Norwich to the Premiership as champions in 2004. Unlucky to be relegated the following season after showing some great form towards the end. They did stagnate in the Championship though.

Dave Penney - Fantastic job at Doncaster. Two successive promotions (From the Conference to League 1). Now at Darlington where he's had a good start.

George Graham - A name that always seems to pop up when jobs are available. Not sure he would be interested after being out the game for a while. His cautious approach could kill off Thracian.

Jean Tigana - Got Fulham promoted back in 2001 playing some great football. Perhaps underperformed with Fulham in the Premiership given the money he spent.

Is it a football fan thing or a Leicester City fan thing to pine for all former players and managers to come back to the club??!! Savage, Lennon, Heskey, Connolly, Dickov etc are the players that seem to be mentioned and now Mickey Adams as manager. Cant we just move on FFS??! This fascination to be linked with the clubs former employees is ridiculous. Whether Adams didnt get a chance is almost a nonsensical arguement because you could say the same about Craig Levein, Nigel Worthington and Rob Kelly.

Lets stop all this horrible old school stuff and look forward to new players, a new manager with new ideas to go along with our new owner and newish stadium! These are exciting times for us and to think that we should start next season with a former boss who will have half of the fans thinking of the bad old days isnt the way we should be thinking.

Time to read one of those positivity books again lol

More and more managers are coming available ...... best not to push then!

http://www.bjk.com.tr/en/haberler.php?h_no=1406

Celebrating his 3rd Cup victory in only 1.5 years, our Technical Director Jean Tigana announced that he would be leaving the club following our last league game against Kayserispor.

Steve Wigley leaves Manchester City

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...p;newsid=428085

More and more managers are coming available ...... best not to push then!

http://www.bjk.com.tr/en/haberler.php?h_no=1406

Celebrating his 3rd Cup victory in only 1.5 years, our Technical Director Jean Tigana announced that he would be leaving the club following our last league game against Kayserispor.

Steve Wigley leaves Manchester City

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...p;newsid=428085

Didn't Wigley have a caretaker job somewhere not too long ago and was complete smeg. Also has a peculiar boat race but that isn't a pre-requisite for the new gaffer, although Dowie is a no-no due to his worm head!!

Didn't Wigley have a caretaker job somewhere not too long ago and was complete smeg. Also has a peculiar boat race but that isn't a pre-requisite for the new gaffer, although Dowie is a no-no due to his worm head!!

He managed Southampton.

His caretaker spell in Early 2004 was 2 games, 2 draws.

He was later revealed as manager on a full-time basis later in 2004. 17 Games, 3 wins (17.6%), 8 lost, 6 drawn (0.88 points per game). lol

Is everyone on this thread forgetting he was sacked when he left Fulham fighting relegation (saved by Chris Coleman... a man I don't even rate!!). And this is with his players: Van Der Sar, Finnan, Saha. etc....

Good choice!!! <_<

Is everyone on this thread forgetting he was sacked when he left Fulham fighting relegation (saved by Chris Coleman... a man I don't even rate!!). And this is with his players: Van Der Sar, Finnan, Saha. etc....

Good choice!!! <_<

Have you forgotten about his recent success with an ageing Besiktas team that didn't have much money when he went there. I accept he had a below par season in his last season at Fulham and that means he brings an element of risk, but look beyond that and there's plenty there to show he's possibly the best candidate out there linked with us.

The promotion season to the Premiership was a joy to watch and ask any Fulham fan and it would go down as one of the most enjoyable seasons they've had in decades.

His transformation of Beskitas is pretty remarkable as well off the field. They were in the shit and he has bought in many young and unproven players and turned them in to quality players that has led to them winning 3 cups in 2 seasons.

I'm willing to give him the chance to prove he can cut it in England at a higher level, but for him to be able to do that he'd have to get us promoted first, something he had no problem doing with Fulham. His record at this level is superb!!

Good choice!!! <_<

He had a but of a damp ending and that's enough to ignore all his previous achievements, and achievements since?

David Moyes finished 17th in 03/04, one place above relegation and after finishing 7th the previous season, but managed to get Everton into the Champion's League the next.

One swallow doesn't make a summer (how often is that used on here?!).

He had a but of a damp ending and that's enough to ignore all his previous achievements, and achievements since?

David Moyes finished 17th in 03/04, one place above relegation and after finishing 7th the previous season, but managed to get Everton into the Champion's League the next.

One swallow doesn't make a summer (how often is that used on here?!).

Exactly pal, I said exactly the same thing on here yesterday and used Moyes as an example. Good work squire. Pube is on the ropes. Bang

I don't know the particulars of the Everton case, but most 'bad' seasons occur during a transition periods. Manu the last 2 years, Arsenal the last 3... etc. When your good player get sold/old and you're re-building.

Tigana's team was at the height of it's strength, and yet he failed, where an inexperienced manager got the same team to 9th (as Manwell keeps telling me!!).

I wouldn't cry if he came here, and I'll have to believe you on the Turkish football scene (not my strongest knowledge!!), but we'll see what Milan does and even if he can get us to the Prem I'd be very happy!

Other than what ppl have said on here, has there been actually any link in the papers or anything with Tigana? I must admit I don't know that much about the guy but it comes across as quite an unlikely target and someone who is out of our league! Is he actually a realist target? And not just a wishful thinking one?

Other than what ppl have said on here, has there been actually any link in the papers or anything with Tigana? I must admit I don't know that much about the guy but it comes across as quite an unlikely target and someone who is out of our league! Is he actually a realist target? And not just a wishful thinking one?

It was reported a while back that we were linked with him and since he has left Besiktas the Leicester Mercury recently linked us with him.

It was reported a while back that we were linked with him and since he has left Besiktas the Leicester Mercury recently linked us with him.

I read somewhere he said was returning home though! I guess that could mean England if he had house here from his Fulham days! He sounds a promising proposition though and MM does like his foreign managers!

Archived