Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Martin Allen joins the queue?

So has the shop shut down on Lutterworth Road then ?

Manny Bernstein only has a call centre now and hasn't had any shops for about 6 years, all 40 were sold to the Tote.

There's 2 bookies on Lutterworth road now The Tote (old Manny Bernstein shop) and a Mark Jarvis just down the road, the company who brought Manny Bernstein (Don Noble Bookmakers) has around 14 shops on the East Coast there head office being in Louth

Manny Bernstein only has a call centre now and hasn't had any shops for about 6 years, all 40 were sold to the Tote.

There's 2 bookies on Lutterworth road now The Tote (old Manny Bernstein shop) and a Mark Jarvis just down the road, the company who brought Manny Bernstein (Don Noble Bookmakers) has around 14 shops on the East Coast there head office being in Louth

Fair Play you can tell i aint lived in Leicester for years. :thumbup:

Martin Allen would be my favourite right now. I like his style of management, and am not sure about risking relatively inexperienced managers such as Grayson and Ince.

Lets get him in A.S.A.P!!!

For me he'd be third out of that group.

Why's that then?

Because I'd like to see how his approach works at a higher level first. I am not convinced his abrasive Mad Dog style will necessarily work with better players UNLESS he's talking a lot of sense while he's barking.

His record is excellent but I watched his Brentford side play Hinckley and could find nothing to commend them. They were very ordinary in what they did and what they were trying to do.

It's been mentioned that he's a long ball merchant. Whether that's true I don't know because I've not seen his teams play apart from the Hinckley game. But I wouldn't want it and would rather take time to see what he does represent before committing myself to another who might have as blinkered an approach as the people we've had here in the last three regimes.

I've mentioned before the question of vision. I know everyone wants instant promotion and most don't care how we get it. But I want to see a change of emphasis at Leicester - one which represents traditions which seem to have been long forgotten - and I'd like to be sure the new manager will represent that.

It is what we'll need anyway if we ever get to the Premiership because simply being combative won't be enough.

In the end I believe both Grayson and Ince will be more certain to represent that kind of approach. I see no reason their teams would not be competitive but I'm also certain we'd play a bit in possession and that certainty means more to me than the maybe of Martin Allen.

Because I'd like to see how his approach works at a higher level first. I am not convinced his abrasive Mad Dog style will necessarily work with better players UNLESS he's talking a lot of sense while he's barking.

His record is excellent but I watched his Brentford side play Hinckley and could find nothing to commend them. They were very ordinary in what they did and what they were trying to do.

It's been mentioned that he's a long ball merchant. Whether that's true I don't know because I've not seen his teams play apart from the Hinckley game. But I wouldn't want it and would rather take time to see what he does represent before committing myself to another who might have as blinkered an approach as the people we've had here in the last three regimes.

I've mentioned before the question of vision. I know everyone wants instant promotion and most don't care how we get it. But I want to see a change of emphasis at Leicester - one which represents traditions which seem to have been long forgotten - and I'd like to be sure the new manager will represent that.

It is what we'll need anyway if we ever get to the Premiership because simply being combative won't be enough.

In the end I believe both Grayson and Ince will be more certain to represent that kind of approach. I see no reason their teams would not be competitive but I'm also certain we'd play a bit in possession and that certainty means more to me than the maybe of Martin Allen.

How many times have you gone and seen Blackpool or Macclesfield play honestly?? I highly doubt you can be sure that either Grayson or Ince will play the style you want.

Allen is a good manager. I rate him alot although he hasnt yet proved himself at a high level but i think he could be what we need. Someone to give the players a right kick up the arse.

I remember seeing Allen at a service station with Bert and Maybes on the way back from Sheffield and we asked him why he didnt take the managers job before when he was linked and he laughed and said he wasnt offered it. Surely he ould be interested.

You're reasons for not wanting Allen.

Why can they not equally apply to all the other candidates you mention?

It's inconsistent, double standards, one rule for one... one for another... just like your criteria for judging players.

I'm sure in some universe somewhere Louis Dodds is better than Matty Fryatt and Beaglehole is better than Allen, but it certainly ain't this one!

Allen is a good manager. I rate him alot although he hasnt yet proved himself at a high level but i think he could be what we need. Someone to give the players a right kick up the arse.

I remember seeing Allen at a service station with Bert and Maybes on the way back from Sheffield and we asked him why he didnt take the managers job before when he was linked and he laughed and said he wasnt offered it. Surely he ould be interested.

i was also there Thomas if you remember rightly, as i was the one that spotted him!

sound bloke - i would love him to come here :thumbup:

i was also there Thomas if you remember rightly, as i was the one that spotted him!

sound bloke - i would love him to come here :thumbup:

So you were. :unsure:

His commitment and drive to win games impresses me very passionate. Something that Kelly and Levein never had. He hasnt had alot of experience in spending alot of money which would slightly concern me.

His commitment and drive to win games impresses me very passionate. Something that Kelly and Levein never had. He hasnt had alot of experience in spending alot of money which would slightly concern me.

Noone of them have really or that experience has been bitter. Warnock spent over a million to get Horsefield. As long as Mandaric is in charge of signings, experience in that department shouldn't be a problem. The manager should be chosen on his ability to manage, its stupid they make the signings as well. This thing only happens in Britain unfortunately and it sets the clubs at a disadvantage to their European counterparts.

You're reasons for not wanting Allen.

Why can they not equally apply to all the other candidates you mention?

It's inconsistent, double standards, one rule for one... one for another... just like your criteria for judging players.

I'm sure in some universe somewhere Louis Dodds is better than Matty Fryatt and Beaglehole is better than Allen, but it certainly ain't this one!

Because it is Martin Allen I am uncertain of in my mind whereas I feel I know what I'd get with the others.

As for your last sentence that is yet another boorish schoolboy style irrelevence which no-one will thank me for taking up.

Noone of them have really or that experience has been bitter. Warnock spent over a million to get Horsefield. As long as Mandaric is in charge of signings, experience in that department shouldn't be a problem. The manager should be chosen on his ability to manage, its stupid they make the signings as well. This thing only happens in Britain unfortunately and it sets the clubs at a disadvantage to their European counterparts.

No, I have to strongly disagree with you there! A big part of being a successful manager is the dealings in a transfer market! A manager has a style of play and a style of player they like to use! The great managers would never leave the transfer market to the Chairman of the club! It would be ridiculous! I know Milan will be very hands on but I don't think even he could sign players without a managers approval!

I just can't see your thinking behind this comment!!!

That's fair enough. I'm unsure on whether his methods would work at a higher level, but he's also very intelligent, he just comes across as an abrasive pyschopath.

My main concern with the lower league managers is their ability to attract quality high profile players to the club, I know Mandaric has his contacts and will be heavily involved. But players are often swayed by the manager and I suppose Ince could get some players in on reputation alone but his lack of experience and whole demeanour bother me.

No, I have to strongly disagree with you there! A big part of being a successful manager is the dealings in a transfer market! A manager has a style of play and a style of player they like to use! The great managers would never leave the transfer market to the Chairman of the club! It would be ridiculous! I know Milan will be very hands on but I don't think even he could sign players without a managers approval!

I just can't see your thinking behind this comment!!!

Director of Football. Tottenham are presently doing well because they had Arnesen (?) and Comolli doing the job. Correct if I got the names wrong, but the concept remains that that many so called managers have wasted money on signings they did not study properly. The should concentrate on getting the best out of the players they have already. Besides its not like MM is the usual chairman, you wouldn't want to compare with the shit you see at other clubs.

I mentioned this the other day and a few people slated me saying he had no experience at this level etc.

I reckon he's one of the up and coming managers and needs to be given a chance to see what he can do on a bigger stage and he seems like the type of bloke who would step up to that sort of challenge.

If he comes i will be pleased.

Director of Football. Tottenham are presently doing well because they had Arnesen (?) and Comolli doing the job. Correct if I got the names wrong, but the concept remains that that many so called managers have wasted money on signings they did not study properly. The should concentrate on getting the best out of the players they have already. Besides its not like MM is the usual chairman, you wouldn't want to compare with the shit you see at other clubs.

:blink: Still can't see your thinking! You can't tell me Martin Jol leaves all the transfers to those two?! Yeh of course they will play a big part in scouting and suggesting players! BUT the Manager has the final say on who he wants to play in HIS team!!!

You clearly said that its stupid Managers make the signings as well...errr tell any Manager in England that statement and I think you will get laughed at!

Right, who is going to start the poll for who we will be linked with tomorrow?? The bookies must be starting these rumours because everyday we are heavily linked to someone and it follows a flurry of bets and the book closed before they do the same again with someone else!

Martin "mad-dog" Allen is an OK manager but he has no great track record either in the transfer market or promotion, and thats at lower level clubs. Why he would be our saviour is beyond me because I dont think he has ever got any club promoted has he? I could be wrong but my recollection of Allen is that he always is with these rubbish clubs not doing much but his mouth gets him in the press as does his reputation as a loon as a player.

Archived