Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Martin Allen joins the queue?

Could i just make this point regarding Allen... he a league two manager?! great he's got his team in the playoffs to league one... but should we not be setting our standards a little higher, I mean Grayson has performed at a higher level and i've still got doubts, Allen just seems like a random name thrown into the hat IMHO.

Could i just make this point regarding Allen... he a league two manager?! great he's got his team in the playoffs to league one... but should we not be setting our standards a little higher, I mean Grayson has performed at a higher level and i've still got doubts, Allen just seems like a random name thrown into the hat IMHO.

Allen got Brentford into the League One play-offs two season in a row before leaving to manage MK Dons, so I wouldn't really say Grayson has performed at a higher level.

Allen got Brentford into the League One play-offs two season in a row before leaving to manage MK Dons, so I wouldn't really say Grayson has performed at a higher level.

Sorry... my fault for not checking his record properly, but still if we're going for a young manager with sucess in the lower leagues, why not go for Newell? :blink:

I'm just not convinced we should be getting a manager in from the lower leagues... look what happened to Hull this season! Somone with a decent record at this or a higher level is who we should be looking at, not an unknow quantity, we've tried that too much in the past.

Newell is more concerned with his own profile and media manipulation than he is with on field results.

Talented manager, but complete penis. I applaud his whistle blowing on bungs... but do we really want him making an example of OUR club?

Newell is more concerned with his own profile and media manipulation than he is with on field results.

Talented manager, but complete penis. I applaud his whistle blowing on bungs... but do we really want him making an example of OUR club?

His rant on the female official was perhaps misworded in the least, but he would be a better choice than Ince or Warnock. Those two would need three seasons to get us of here. I'm not demanding instant success but if we're getting the excuse mongrels in here, we might as well fook all.

His rant on the female official was perhaps misworded in the least, but he would be a better choice than Ince or Warnock. Those two would need three seasons to get us of here. I'm not demanding instant success but if we're getting the excuse mongrels in here, we might as well fook all.

What I'm doing here MBK... is giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm assuming you missed the whole agent's fees whistleblowing incident whilst employed by a club engaged in such activities.

Now you either come back with a reasonable line of argument or get out of it...

What I'm doing here MBK... is giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm assuming you missed the whole agent's fees whistleblowing incident whilst employed by a club engaged in such activities.

Now you either come back with a reasonable line of argument or get out of it...

I didn't agree but I am the kind of person who would speak out at illegality at whatever cost and I assume that was the attitude Newell used. And if Tomlins made illegal payments, I couldn't give a shit about a director or two because they don't make a club, the fans do. What you are right in saying is that he spoke to the media when he should have been more respectful of the image of the club. But in a world of bureaucracy and technocrats, doing that is the only way to get things going. Take recently Campobianco, an ex-director of Juve, revealed how Moggi was buying a secret telephone line to talk to referees before games to avoid being spied on via normal commercial networks. Did he do the right thing for the club? But for italian football in general? In terms of image both are no, but in terms of the fans going out there and realising the game is so much more honest, yes. You said you wouldn't want Newell making an example of the club. Well wrong for me, if there illegalities I hope he does it, hopefully not via a media trial. But the club itself should make sure it upholds its values from top down.

What I do see him is the fact he is so much better as a manager than Warnock. Take the fees he generated for Luton and compare that to wastefulness of Warnock and the total achievements gained.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, if not don't butcher me.

100percentfox (use to work at radio leicester) has posted on foxfanzine

"...that Martin Allen, who failed to get MK Dons promoted from League Two this season, is MM's number one choice for our next manager.

I have also heard a whisper that we're after Arjan De Zeeuw, Bruno N'Gotty and Lee Hendrie.

Don't blame me, though, if the grapevine is wrong.

Just what I heard, like."

100percentfox (use to work at radio leicester) has posted on foxfanzine

"...that Martin Allen, who failed to get MK Dons promoted from League Two this season, is MM's number one choice for our next manager.

I have also heard a whisper that we're after Arjan De Zeeuw, Bruno N'Gotty and Lee Hendrie.

Don't blame me, though, if the grapevine is wrong.

Just what I heard, like."

100% fox is Geoff Peters.

Indeed!!

I think he is "out" :P on Fox Fanzine so I don't think he'd mind people on here knowing it's him. :D:thumbup:

I find it frustrating that we're still being linked with people like Allen (and even Calderwood today on Teamtalk!) when there are managers like Gary Johnson and Russell Slade producing successful attacking teams in the division below without so much as a mention in passing in any piece about our vacancy in the national media.

I can't really base this on anything but I just don't see Martin Allen doing well here. Having said that, I'd still prefer him to Warnock. :P

You guys seem to know him or know of him, is he reliable? is he likely to know this?

Yeah. And he knows the (light-hearted) grief he'll get on there if it's bollocks, so I must say that's probably the first thing I've read on any of our messageboards about this managerial search that I actually believe.

I think he is "out" :P on Fox Fanzine so I don't think he'd mind people on here knowing it's him. :D:thumbup:

I find it frustrating that we're still being linked with people like Allen (and even Calderwood today on Teamtalk!) when there are managers like Gary Johnson and Russell Slade producing successful attacking teams in the division below without so much as a mention in passing in any piece about our vacancy in the national media.

I can't really base this on anything but I just don't see Martin Allen doing well here. Having said that, I'd still prefer him to Warnock. :P

I agree 100%!!! Although looking at the manager stats the trust posted you can't argue with his record at the moment.

Yeah. And he knows the (light-hearted) grief he'll get on there if it's bollocks, so I must say that's probably the first thing I've read on any of our messageboards about this managerial search that I actually believe.

Bocadillo on TB is confirming he has heard the same info... he isn't one to bull shit either.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php...mp;postcount=22

Posted by londonfox on another forum. :thumbup:;)

Just heard on Radio 5 that Martin Allen is the man MM wants for the job. Apparently he will approach MK Dons within the next 24 hours

Archived