Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Foxes in hunt for De Zeeuw

Foxes in hunt for De Zeeuw

Foxes lead De Zeeuw Chase

*Different website, exactly the same story.

Wigan's freed skipper, Arjan De Zeeuw, is reportedly wanted at Leicester by chairman Milan Mandaric.

Walkers Stadium supremo Mandaric worked with veteran defender De Zeeuw when the pair were at Portsmouth and is keen to have him back with the Foxes.

The news comes after De Zeeuw and fellow defender, David Unsworth, were released by Latics following their successful last-day bid to stay in the Premiership.

De Zeeuw made 203 appearances in all competitions during two spells at the club, scoring seven goals.

One one spot is available in central defence if Kisnorbo is staying, surely we won't repeat last Summer when we focused on strengthening the defence more than anywhere else, and then found we couldn't score goals :rolleyes:

Yeah, i cant believe we are looking to sign players like De Zeeuw, whats the point when we have Kenton and McCarthy? :rolleyes:

The fact they're about a million times better, Kenton and McCarthy are a load of shi*t.

We need to find someone better than Kisnorbo, if we do sign De Zeeuw i'd have him start along side McAuley.

Gimme an Unsworth on top of that.

Together with Steve Harper, Ivan Campo, Christian Dailly, Henrik Pedersen, Chris Lucketti, Linvoy Primus, Hermann Hreidarsson, Matt Holland, J.F. Hasselbaink, Alessandro Pistone, Mark Pembridge, Lee Clark, Graeme Murty, Trevor Sinclair, Paul Dickov and Ivica Mornar, we would be the first team ever to field a squad aged 31+ on a regular basis. And we would take the league by storm... delayed by a few decades.

Of course, Rab Douglas needs to stay.

And how could we let Andy Johnson go?

I just don't understand this management.

Gimme an Unsworth on top of that.

Together with Steve Harper, Ivan Campo, Christian Dailly, Henrik Pedersen, Chris Lucketti, Linvoy Primus, Hermann Hreidarsson, Matt Holland, J.F. Hasselbaink, Alessandro Pistone, Mark Pembridge, Lee Clark, Graeme Murty, Trevor Sinclair, Paul Dickov and Ivica Mornar, we would be the first team ever to field a squad aged 31+ on a regular basis. And we would take the league by storm... delayed by a few decades.

Of course, Rab Douglas needs to stay.

And how could we let Andy Johnson go?

I just don't understand this management.

Oh dear :rolleyes: lets not sign anyone over the age of twenty five, get real, there's nothing wrong with signing a few players over the age of 30. I'm sure nobody was complaining when we were promoted under Micky Adams, i wouldnt mind knowing the average age of that side. We've got some good young players, why not have some quality experience? Nobody is saying we are going to have a squad full of over 35's.

And are you really saying those players in bold above would be bad buys? We wouldnt have a chance of getting them anyway.

We probably only need one new defender (assuming the loss of Nissa and probably Sheehan and the adition of Lycett)... DeZeeuw, Unsworth, Stefanovic, all would be good... but i should stress we only need the one defender, one who can help organise the defence better than Kisnorbo (for all his individual ability) can only be a bonus... for me Stefanovic remains the top target.

Oh dear :rolleyes: lets not sign anyone over the age of twenty five, get real, there's nothing wrong with signing a few players over the age of 30. I'm sure nobody was complaining when we were promoted under Micky Adams, i wouldnt mind knowing the average age of that side. We've got some good young players, why not have some quality experience? Nobody is saying we are going to have a squad full of over 35's.

And are you really saying those players in bold above would be bad buys? We wouldnt have a chance of getting them anyway.

Surely you can see what he's trying to say..?

Surely you can see what he's trying to say..?

Yes, who wants a team of over 35's? I certainly dont, but there is nothng wrong with some 'quality' senior players, and i mean quality. Obviously there is no point in having crap seniors such as Johnson and Douglas when a 15year old would do a better job. However a player of quality for this division, like De Zeeuw, would not only benefit us in terms of immediate performances on the pitch, but also the decent younger players in slowly introducing them into the team whilst learning from 'quality' players.

Can you see what i'm saying?

Yes, who wants a team of over 35's? I certainly dont, but there is nothng wrong with some 'quality' senior players, and i mean quality. Obviously there is no point in having crap seniors such as Johnson and Douglas when a 15year old would do a better job. However a player of quality for this division, like De Zeeuw, would not only benefit us in terms of immediate performances on the pitch, but also the decent younger players in slowly introducing them into the team whilst learning from 'quality' players.

Yes.. absolutely

:ph34r:

Nothing wrong with experiance, look what Levein and Kelly did by explicitly bring in young (and shite) players. Christ we even got promotion last time with the likes of McKinley, Summerbee, Deane etc...

Exactly a few months ago (maybe even weeks) there was a thread saying basically - look we have tried a team full of young unexperinced players, we've gave it a chance for 2 seasons now and got no-where we need to experienced players.

And it seemed most agreed but when a thread appears with the slightest link or opinion that we need some experinced players people jump on the - We don't want or need old players in the team!

I agree we don't want a squad full of old players, its about getting the right mix of young and old, but if I had to sway either way of the young or old arguement i'd go on the older side.

You're saying that "quality" guarantees success, which is wrong.

De Zeeuw could be a total flop transfer for us and he might even consider retiring altogether or go back to the Netherlands.

Archived