Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

If it's not a done deal I'd hope MM takes the trouble to interview Grayson, assuming he has any interest in the job.

This is a far-reaching decision for the club and is not just about getting out of the Championship but about making progress in the Premiership too, should we get there.

Grayson's record over two seasons makes impressive reading - just like Allen's - but you have to wonder if the Grayson approach would be better suited long-term because the combative style of Warnock didn't keep Sheffield United in the Premiership.

I don't think Allen's a bad choice - you can go a long way on passion, drive and enthusiasm - but it ewill probably take more than that to succeed in the top flight and I'd just like MM to satisfy himself properly that Grayson isn't the better choice for the long haul he talks about.

People keep saying this person should have been interviewed, this person should have been interviewed... how does anyone know that they didn't turn us down? Just because we were interested doesn't mean they'll automatically come in.

SG has done a remarkable job with Blackpool and at the time of speaking is preparing for a final which could get them into the Championship. That's a great position to be in. I personally feel MM contacted Grayson, but he wasn't interested at this time.

People keep saying this person should have been interviewed, this person should have been interviewed... how does anyone know that they didn't turn us down? Just because we were interested doesn't mean they'll automatically come in.

SG has done a remarkable job with Blackpool and at the time of speaking is preparing for a final which could get them into the Championship. That's a great position to be in. I personally feel MM contacted Grayson, but he wasn't interested at this time.

Happy birthday buddy

Personally i don't think he has, why would he do that ? Surely Milan has abit more about him than to try and spoil and unsettle Blackpool's preparations for the Playoffs and the final ? My own feeling is that our managers position won't be annouced untill 3/4 days after the playoffs which will then gives Milan 2 more extra options if Derby and Blackpool don't get promoted as i'd doubt both managers would want to come here if getting their teams up to the next level.

Mandaric flies in to seal deal

By Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric hopes to seal Martin Allen's arrival as Leicester City's manager in signing talks tonight.

The club chairman broke off a foreign trip to return to England today and, if everything goes according to plan, Allen could be unveiled as the boss by the weekend.

MK Dons manager Allen is expected to bring his assistant Adrian Whitbread and first-team coach David Hockaday with him, and supervise a complete revamping of City's infrastructure on the playing side.

Officially, City are keeping their options open, citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly suggests he is the man they want.

Mandaric, while committed not to rush the process too much, is known to be impatient to get a new manager in and, if those out of work, such as Neil Warnock and Chris Coleman, had been his choice, they would have been here already.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture unless something untoward happens.

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, but it would now be a major upset if the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium.

It would not only herald a new era, but also opening the way for new summer signings.

Mandaric has been holding off making any transfer moves until he could tell prospective players who the manager was going to be.

City have been linked with veteran defenders Arjan De Zeeuw and Bruno N'Gotty, and midfielder Lee Hendrie, but the final decision on players will be down to the in-coming manager.

If all goes well, Allen's hallmark determination to succeed will have a willing partner in Mandaric, who has always declared "I have not come here to fail."

Well says it all

Mandaric flies in to seal deal

By Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric hopes to seal Martin Allen's arrival as Leicester City's manager in signing talks tonight.

The club chairman broke off a foreign trip to return to England today and, if everything goes according to plan, Allen could be unveiled as the boss by the weekend.

MK Dons manager Allen is expected to bring his assistant Adrian Whitbread and first-team coach David Hockaday with him, and supervise a complete revamping of City's infrastructure on the playing side.

Officially, City are keeping their options open, citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly suggests he is the man they want.

Mandaric, while committed not to rush the process too much, is known to be impatient to get a new manager in and, if those out of work, such as Neil Warnock and Chris Coleman, had been his choice, they would have been here already.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture unless something untoward happens.

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, but it would now be a major upset if the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium.

It would not only herald a new era, but also opening the way for new summer signings.

Mandaric has been holding off making any transfer moves until he could tell prospective players who the manager was going to be.

City have been linked with veteran defenders Arjan De Zeeuw and Bruno N'Gotty, and midfielder Lee Hendrie, but the final decision on players will be down to the in-coming manager.

If all goes well, Allen's hallmark determination to succeed will have a willing partner in Mandaric, who has always declared "I have not come here to fail."

Well says it all

Mad Dog, Mad Dog, what you gonna do? :dunno:

Send us up the table with some football kung fu!! :dance:

Archived