Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

I think this could be a good appointment.

As has been said, there are few managers that make their teams play 'total fotball'.

What matters most is results - we are in a results business.

And i like Martin Allen. I would have liked him to have got the job before Kelly took over.

who's this izale person people are talking about? sorry if it's been said!

i think the appointment would be a risk, not necessarilly a bad one, but if we do sign n'gotti, de zeuw and similar players - it'll be the 1st time Allen's managed 'big name' (ish) players, who are also almost his age! keown and adams had similar problems i seem to recall, altho keown was probably more likely to be a big shot with his reputation

wouldv'e preffered jewell but i dont think that was ever an option

Probably the only decision that most people will agree about. Strange though after Redknapp, I thought he would go for the same type of manager. As Pablo said, I don't him to be sign league 2 players.

you are also confusing Mickey Adams with Micky Adams. There may be some logic to this. A well known established manager will be expected to be an instant success by restless fans. A less well known one will not walk out and will want to see two/three year plan succeed so will see it through to the bitter end. :worship:

I'm guessing here, but as things happen....... I'm anticipating that the manager will be in place by saturday, reasons.... well its coming upto the bank holiday and its a time when people tend to want to start thinking about renewing season tickets.... The club wont miss a trick on that front.

Get a few faces in and a new manager and watch the tickets fly out the door!

as far as long ball football, i havenæt seen much else for years...

and funny as it may seem, the few (tedious) times i have watched chelsea, they spent half the time knocking the ball long, no one ever even picks up on this, difference there tho is the players you have on the end of the long ball... lets face it, a really quality striker is what this club needs - hume is a great lad, but you need two strikers with 20+ goals a season to really push for promotion.

be prepared for dull games, i'm sure, until we stop conceeding soft goals....

Fantastic appointment I think if made, which it looks like it well may be.

Allen would have the right balance between being a mate and being a boss, keeping Morale high and dishing out the bollockings to underperformers where need be. Discipline is key with this bunch.

I wouldn't read too much into his style of play with the Dons and Brentford, thats the way it generally is in the lower leagues, especially without money.

I'd welcome him.

Martin Allen - Unproven (weirdo)

Neil Warnock - Proven (weirdo)

At this level.

Martin Allen will have a lot to prove to me, particularly if we sign Marveux (stroppy Frenchman) managing at league 2 level, I wonder how useful his knowledge of the transfer market will be.

If Warnock wants the job, it demonstrates that he wants to do well at the club. I would forgive him his sins and understand that he is competitive and bitter, he wanted promotion that year and we cheated him out of it. I doubt everyone will be so forgiving, which is a shame.

Fantastic appointment I think if made, which it looks like it well may be.

Allen would have the right balance between being a mate and being a boss, keeping Morale high and dishing out the bollockings to underperformers where need be. Discipline is key with this bunch.

I wouldn't read too much into his style of play with the Dons and Brentford, thats the way it generally is in the lower leagues, especially without money.

I'd welcome him.

The excuses have started already. I'm a bit disappointed. Another anti-climax after the names we were being linked with (whether they were realistic or not).

I suppose experience at this level has gone out of the window and if you can make the play-offs in League Two then you're good enough to take a mediocre Championship side into the Premiership and keep them there.

I like the fact hes a bit of a hardman and will give the players a bollocking but I'm not sure he has what it takes, especially if Milan wants us back in the top flight in 3 years.

I'd better stop questioning MA in case he proves me wrong.

Positives:

1. He is FULL of determination and motivational skill. This if nothing else will get the players going.

2. He has done very well with his previous clubs and has managed to get them further up their respective leagues.

3. He seems to have a very good tactical mind and that with his backroom staff could help us rise back into the Premiership sooner rather than later.

4. He is a very dominant person and this will be good for us as he won't take any sh*t from our players when we play badly... unlike Taylor, Levein, Kelly etc.

Negatives:

1. He has NO experience at this kind of level. This worries me as everything will be so much harder for him now especially at Leicester where the expectations are so high.

2. He also has no experience in signing top players at this level. It could then lead to him becoming another Peter Taylor, signing good lower league players that just don't cut it at our level. Could be wrong but its a possibility.

Hi lads,

Dons supporter here, just wanted to give you some info on Allen.

He is a very good communicator, you will hear all the goings on at the club directly from him usually through web updates and some of his updates are bizarre to say the least.

He is a good motivator but I think he struggles tactically, only time will tell if he has what it takes at championship/premiership level but personally I think he will be out of his depth.

Things you can expect to see from him are your team will take gamesmanship to a new level, we had 17 opposition players sent off against us this season, strong athletic players will be brought in and a very direct style of play will be used. We only had him for a season but I think towards the end there were starting to be a few dissenting voices regarding the Martin Allen way, I expect you will have the same divide with your crowd especially those of you who like the ball to be played around, it just won't happen under Allen.

Anyway all the best, one thing is you will be entertained by his touchline antics, I am sure he is on drugs. :D

Archived