Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

(So much for my sven post) :ph34r: : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Milan Mandaric delivered a bitter snub to Neil Warnock on Monday night by offering the Leicester City job to MK Dons chief Martin Allen.

Leicester made an official approach to the League Two side yesterday and Allen will officially take over at the Walkers Stadium later this week.

He is bringing in his first-team coach Dave Hockaday and assistant manager Adrian Whitbread as part of the managerial team that Mandaric hopes will mastermind a promotion charge next season.

Warnock believed the job was his after walking out of relegated Sheffield United last week and he was interviewed on Friday but Mandaric, who also considered Macclesfield boss Paul Ince, has instead opted for one of the game’s brightest young managers in Allen.

Warnock had been offered the Pompey job last season, when Mandaric was still chairman at Fratton Park, but turned it down at the last minute and that decision left a sour taste which has cost him the chance of taking charge at Leicester.

Sportsmail understands that Mandaric was more impressed with Allen's hunger, drive and determination. Leicester hope to announce the appointment this week, but it is on hold until they thrash out a compensation package with MK Dons.

Allen, who has taken teams to the play-offs in each of the past three years, started out as a coach at Reading under Alan Pardew, and the former West Ham midfielder has been making a name for himself in the lower leagues.

Mandaric sacked Rob Kelly when Leicester were in danger of being dragged into the relegation dogfight at the foot of the Championship and he appointed Nigel Worthington on a caretaker basis.

Worthington kept them out of danger and was also interviewed for the full-time position, but Mandaric opted for the ambitious Allen.

(So much for my sven post) :ph34r: : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Milan Mandaric delivered a bitter snub to Neil Warnock on Monday night by offering the Leicester City job to MK Dons chief Martin Allen.

Leicester made an official approach to the League Two side yesterday and Allen will officially take over at the Walkers Stadium later this week.

He is bringing in his first-team coach Dave Hockaday and assistant manager Adrian Whitbread as part of the managerial team that Mandaric hopes will mastermind a promotion charge next season.

Warnock believed the job was his after walking out of relegated Sheffield United last week and he was interviewed on Friday but Mandaric, who also considered Macclesfield boss Paul Ince, has instead opted for one of the game’s brightest young managers in Allen.

Warnock had been offered the Pompey job last season, when Mandaric was still chairman at Fratton Park, but turned it down at the last minute and that decision left a sour taste which has cost him the chance of taking charge at Leicester.

Sportsmail understands that Mandaric was more impressed with Allen's hunger, drive and determination. Leicester hope to announce the appointment this week, but it is on hold until they thrash out a compensation package with MK Dons.

Allen, who has taken teams to the play-offs in each of the past three years, started out as a coach at Reading under Alan Pardew, and the former West Ham midfielder has been making a name for himself in the lower leagues.

Mandaric sacked Rob Kelly when Leicester were in danger of being dragged into the relegation dogfight at the foot of the Championship and he appointed Nigel Worthington on a caretaker basis.

Worthington kept them out of danger and was also interviewed for the full-time position, but Mandaric opted for the ambitious Allen.

Oh please let this be true...... i mean... izale will prob come with him- wouldnt be suprized if that was one of the conditions, and bright young manager... might be able to keep him for a while too with Milan's millions. :-) Must say... quite impressed with how well MK dons had done considering the budget.... I wonder what Warnock is thinking now..... :whistle::rolleyes:

Oh please let this be true...... i mean... izale will prob come with him- wouldnt be suprized if that was one of the conditions, and bright young manager... might be able to keep him for a while too with Milan's millions. :-) Must say... quite impressed with how well MK dons had done considering the budget.... I wonder what Warnock is thinking now..... :whistle::rolleyes:

the budget?? Being one of the biggest in League Two combined with a team full of League One players?

And Izale is wank!

I think this decision might be a good thing to be honest, he has done wonders for the artists formerly known as wimbledon and he does seem passionate and enthusiastic about the job and looks like he can pass that enthusiasm onto the players which will get results. It will however all hinge on the calibre of players he brings in.

I would welcome Martin Allen with open arms.

He is a young(ish!),enthusiastic manager who has done relatively well.

Bring him on(Better than twat Warnock by miles...IMHO anyway!) :thumbup:

I'm a freelance journalist in Bedfordshire and spoke to a contact at MK Dons last night. The word from there is, MARTIN ALLEN IS TO BE UNVEILED AS THE NEW LEICESTER MANAGER WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY, after Mandaric agrees a (relatively low) compensation package with the Dons. He will also be taking his management team, including Assistant Adrian Whitbread, with him.

I'm a freelance journalist in Bedfordshire and spoke to a contact at MK Dons last night. The word from there is, MARTIN ALLEN IS TO BE UNVEILED AS THE NEW LEICESTER MANAGER WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY, after Mandaric agrees a (relatively low) compensation package with the Dons. He will also be taking his management team, including Assistant Adrian Whitbread, with him.

According to BBC Five Live this morning Milan made an official approach to MK Dons yesterday. Sounds like a done deal to me. He isn;t about to say no :)

I would welcome Martin Allen with open arms.

He is a young(ish!),enthusiastic manager who has done relatively well.

Bring him on(Better than twat Warnock by miles...IMHO anyway! :welcome::scarf::banana:

This one comes as a rather big surprise.

Martin Allen?

Milan must have a LOT of confidence when he's about to give the job to such a young manager unproven on a Championship level.

But then again, remember Martin O'Neill.

Must be the Martin Factor.

Coming from a Dons fan:

I'd be disappointed and surprised if he leaves. He's been talking about our potential and wanting to lead us to promotion in the new stadium and he seemed pretty sure he was staying for a few years yet.

If he does go, with no disrespect to your club, I think it will be because of his salary and the money Mandaric can offer him (I'd expect Izale to leave this summer and this is the sort of club that he'll be destined for).

For those doubting McLeod - he's a more complete player now. He was poor in the playoffs if you're going off that, but he was a different character after coming back from the five game suspension; he works hard(ish), he apologises to teammates when he knows he's made a wrong decision instead of shrugging his shoulders and walking off looking bored and doesn't just wait on the last man all the time, he will pick up the ball deep, one of the most familiar Izale goals is picking it up down the left, cutting inside and blasting one across goal. Scores some cracking goals, he isn't just a goalhanger.

can't imagine warnock ever doing a sponsored bike ride to raise funds for his club!

funnily enough, Allen seems to have all the qualities the pro-warnock lobby have been siting for warnock (passion, unpredictability, confrontationsl) but without being really slimey and embarrassing.

could be a hell of a lot worse....

Coming from a Dons fan:

I'd be disappointed and surprised if he leaves. He's been talking about our potential and wanting to lead us to promotion in the new stadium and he seemed pretty sure he was staying for a few years yet.

If he does go, with no disrespect to your club, I think it will be because of his salary and the money Mandaric can offer him (I'd expect Izale to leave this summer and this is the sort of club that he'll be destined for).

For those doubting McLeod - he's a more complete player now. He was poor in the playoffs if you're going off that, but he was a different character after coming back from the five game suspension; he works hard(ish), he apologises to teammates when he knows he's made a wrong decision instead of shrugging his shoulders and walking off looking bored and doesn't just wait on the last man all the time, he will pick up the ball deep, one of the most familiar Izale goals is picking it up down the left, cutting inside and blasting one across goal. Scores some cracking goals, he isn't just a goalhanger.

Well he was off the radar...bit of a gamble I would have thought :dunno:

Think he may have been recommended by Redknapp? Would know him from west ham.

Allen played at Portsmouth, so would know Manderic from there.

It won't bother me one little bit but all you football "purists" had better get ready for some direct football with total commitment. No more pitter patter passing at the Walkers in the near distant future. Very good appointment if it happens.

Im gutted about this, i really wanted Warnock :(. MK dons were favourites for 1st place in League 2 and they finished in the playoffs and lost. Why do we want him here? He's never even managed in the Championship which was the reason Coleman didn't get the job. He's a good motivator but im not sure about him really.

Im gutted about this, i really wanted Warnock :(. MK dons were favourites for 1st place in League 2 and they finished in the playoffs and lost. Why do we want him here? He's never even managed in the Championship which was the reason Coleman didn't get the job. He's a good motivator but im not sure about him really.

hardly, they only strong in attack. Teams like hartlepool, wallsall, swindon, bristol rovers and lincoin are much stronger

Archived