Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

Perhapos hes the man to get the best out of people like Hughes??

I'd expect Hughes to be off, if we are indeed aiming to bring in four midfield players, as has been suggested, we've already got Weso, King, Gradel and Porter, so i doubt Hughes will be hanging around.

I'll settle for Martin Allen- I'm not sure how realistic it was to expect Tigana anyway. He'll certainly have the motivational qualities necessary- but does he have the tactical nouse? I think its fair to say that in the lower leagues you'll play whatever way you can to achieve success- and if that means long ball so be it. And if we're signing players like Hendrie, it hardly makes sense to be lumping the ball forwards does it? He'll have more resources here to build a different team- so I'll reserve judgement on that front. I think Mandaric has the clout to attract the decent foreigners so I'm not too worried about that either. He can bring McLeod too- as long as its not for ridiculous money.

If it's not a done deal I'd hope MM takes the trouble to interview Grayson, assuming he has any interest in the job.

This is a far-reaching decision for the club and is not just about getting out of the Championship but about making progress in the Premiership too, should we get there.

Grayson's record over two seasons makes impressive reading - just like Allen's - but you have to wonder if the Grayson approach would be better suited long-term because the combative style of Warnock didn't keep Sheffield United in the Premiership.

I don't think Allen's a bad choice - you can go a long way on passion, drive and enthusiasm - but it ewill probably take more than that to succeed in the top flight and I'd just like MM to satisfy himself properly that Grayson isn't the better choice for the long haul he talks about.

i just fooked up sorry some other poster who shall remain nameless,just spoofed the site and i did not read just the headline thracian you t..t

lol

Did you not read the first three or four replies pointing out the date? :P

Better luck next time, though. ^_^:thumbup:

the budget?? Being one of the biggest in League Two combined with a team full of League One players?

And Izale is wank!

yes. such good quality league one players they got relgated. lol

never said i liked izale... just the manager :thumbup:

MK Dons boss Martin Allen is set to get the nod ahead of Neil Warnock to take over as Leicester City's new manager.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric revealed Warnock, who left Sheffield United after they were relegated, was on a four-man shortlist.

The news will come as a disappointment to Warnock, who would have been hoping to make a swift return after his departure from Bramall Lane.

Mandaric recently told the Leicester Mercury: "Neil Warnock is a good and experienced manager and may be under consideration.

I reckon they should of both slugged it out in a ring to decide who gets the job. unconventional but fun to say the least. Kind of similar to when 'rocky' Gervais took on Grant 'beavis' in one of those charity boxing programs they did..

my money would of course been on mad dog :worship:

Positives:

1. He is FULL of determination and motivational skill. This if nothing else will get the players going.

2. He has done very well with his previous clubs and has managed to get them further up their respective leagues.

3. He seems to have a very good tactical mind and that with his backroom staff could help us rise back into the Premiership sooner rather than later.

4. He is a very dominant person and this will be good for us as he won't take any sh*t from our players when we play badly... unlike Taylor, Levein, Kelly etc.

Negatives:

1. He has NO experience at this kind of level. This worries me as everything will be so much harder for him now especially at Leicester where the expectations are so high.

2. He also has no experience in signing top players at this level. It could then lead to him becoming another Peter Taylor, signing good lower league players that just don't cut it at our level. Could be wrong but its a possibility.

Good post I agree totally, however if the signings mentioned are true I guess Milan will do alot of the deals for players to make sure we get some quality so I am not so worried about this.

Sure he has no experience at this level but neither had MON or Roy Keane. We have had too many managers who have had experience at this level and have been w*nk so the law of averages we should be due a good one soon.

Get the chant going:-

:scarf::scarf: MAD DOG'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY :scarf::scarf:

Positives:

1. He is FULL of determination and motivational skill. This if nothing else will get the players going.

2. He has done very well with his previous clubs and has managed to get them further up their respective leagues.

3. He seems to have a very good tactical mind and that with his backroom staff could help us rise back into the Premiership sooner rather than later.

4. He is a very dominant person and this will be good for us as he won't take any sh*t from our players when we play badly... unlike Taylor, Levein, Kelly etc.

Negatives:

1. He has NO experience at this kind of level. This worries me as everything will be so much harder for him now especially at Leicester where the expectations are so high.

2. He also has no experience in signing top players at this level. It could then lead to him becoming another Peter Taylor, signing good lower league players that just don't cut it at our level. Could be wrong but its a possibility.

I think Mr Mandaric will make sure that doesn't happen.

Archived