Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

My first reaction is not good:

1. Long ball merchant.

2. Long ball merchant who couldn't defeat another long ball merchant (Gary Peters) in the League 2 play off.

3. Franchise FC ropey in defence all season.

4. Brentford blew it twice in the POs under MA.

5. Not a thinker and unlikely to "out fox / ot think" anyone in the Prem should we ever get there (if we do, well done MA!).

6. Tactically naieve.

7. No track record off good signings.

8. Tries to appear smart in TV interviews but comes across as smug.

My second reaction is definitely not good.

1. Long ball merchant.

2. Long ball merchant who couldn't defeat another long ball merchant (Gary Peters) in the League 2 play off.

5. Not a thinker and unlikely to "out fox / ot think" anyone in the Prem should we ever get there (if we do, well done MA!).

6. Tactically naieve.

All of the above and I think it's a gamble but I will be there come rain or shine...he deserves a chance and a little time..100% behind the "mad dog! :thumbup:

I never said I wouldn't be there, jeez, stood on the terraces etc for...

Pleat

McClintock

Taylor

Levein

Numpties all, but will support the Blues through thick and thin but my verdict will remain out on Allen for a while.

Put it this way I think were all prepared to give him a chance, cos we're likely to give Mad Dog more time than Milan will. Milan is on a win win, Allen does well it's a good appointment, if he does bad then he sacks him and we don't have to pay out much compo.

1. Long ball merchant.

6. Tactically naieve.

Martin Allen's has been a league manager for three seasons. His managerial record is three play-off finishes in three seasons with two different clubs, and reached the fifth round of the F.A. Cup twice. Why, therefore, do you and others come to the strange conclusion that he is "tactically naive". Just because results may occasionally not go for him, or any other manager who plays a more direct style, it doesn't mean that he is a tactical idiot. Nobody ever used this phrase to criticise Wenger when results failed him.

Hi Foxes,

MK Dons Fan here - well you may well have got your man. If you have then I wish all the luck in the world. Martin Allen changed the club from relegation fodder - to chasing promoition. Ok we missed out by 1 point, but it was a fantastic season.

His tactics are questionable at times, but when he decides to get the team playing "football" & not "hoof bal" its fantastic to watch. Away fans will hate as he shouts for every ball regardless if its his or not

Players be warned - he takes no prisoners. Sacked out goalie on the 1st day "aledgedly" for calling him Mad Dog - he genuinely hates that!

Good luck if he joins - by the way someone mentioned us having a rubish forum - he shows the wrong one. Moocamp is our forum.

all the best

Phil

I dont think its right to judge managers on cup runs.

Therefore Dennis Wise is a god for taking Millwall to the FA Cup final.

Who did they meet on their way? Telford, Tranmere, Walsall.....

Do you read with a Ninja Turtle mask on. The cup runs were an "also". His league record stands up by itself.

Would like to have seen Grayson given a try myself, but absolutly no problems with the Mad Dog.....lets face it ANY manager is going to be somewhat of a risk and MD's record of sucess in the lower leagues cant really be argued with. He will obviously take some time to learn a slightly different trade in a higher league, but if City lose one or two games whilst "going down fighting" at least that will be an improvement on the surrender after three minutes we have seen to often recently :blink:

Good Luck MD :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::worship: (if it happens of course :whistle::whistle::whistle: )

Hi Foxes,

MK Dons Fan here - well you may well have got your man. If you have then I wish all the luck in the world. Martin Allen changed the club from relegation fodder - to chasing promoition. Ok we missed out by 1 point, but it was a fantastic season.

His tactics are questionable at times, but when he decides to get the team playing "football" & not "hoof bal" its fantastic to watch. Away fans will hate as he shouts for every ball regardless if its his or not

Players be warned - he takes no prisoners. Sacked out goalie on the 1st day "aledgedly" for calling him Mad Dog - he genuinely hates that!

Good luck if he joins - by the way someone mentioned us having a rubish forum - he shows the wrong one. Moocamp is our forum.

all the best

Phil

Well that's a nice message from a Dons fan and good luck for next season mate :thumbup: If it is Allen, can't we just give him a chance of some sort? If Hendrie and De Zeeuw come here, I'd be extremely happy. Expect Todorov too??

Well that's a nice message from a Dons fan and good luck for next season mate :thumbup: If it is Allen, can't we just give him a chance of some sort? If Hendrie and De Zeeuw come here, I'd be extremely happy. Expect Todorov too??

Cheers LLF

No, but I have really big thighs :dance:

Sorry that was poor - No MF not guilty

Big thighs?

Sounds like someone i know called mantle. :ph34r:

The person I know called Phil sits in the Main shed stand if that's what it's known as?

Do you know whether once they move to the new stadium the pitch will be available for six-a-side again? I used enjoy playing there.

Big thighs?

Sounds like someone i know called mantle. :ph34r:

The person I know called Phil sits in the Main shed stand if that's what it's known as?

Do you know whether once they move to the new stadium the pitch will be available for six-a-side again? I used enjoy playing there.

Main singing stand is the cowshed - where I sit. But you already guessed that I suppose :whistle:

Apparently they will knock it down and become flats - or even another roundabout

Ask yourself. I don't recall me aiming that at you.

As my post is the only one in this thread mentioning Martin Allen's cup runs and your post directly followed it......oh, forget it!!!!

Cup runs won't get us into the Prem. Half decent football played on the ground more often than in the air will. My jury will remain out for some considerable time, especially if MM is buying the players and expecting MD to mould them into a team. All of sudden there are more questions than answers.

Main singing stand is the cowshed - where I sit. But you already guessed that I suppose :whistle:

Apparently they will knock it down and become flats - or even another roundabout

I hope they don't. I liked playing football there, wouldn’t mind going back for the odd game or two.

I sat in there once due to some work gig, it was against Swindon about two years ago and all remember was a bloke behind me playing the tuba and his mate with a trumpet being extremely rubbish.

Archived