Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

Allen is a long ball merchant in League 2.... the Championship with a bit of money offers an entirely new perspective. A manager coming here has a chance to somewhat build the sort of team he wants to play (one of the reasons for me why the idea of Allen only leaving for money is bull... there's potential here. It's not like he's coming to stagnate at a team like Barnsley. Plus, don't MK Dons get fook all attendances despite being a successful team at that level?).

Goodish choice. I think like Thracian I'd prefer Grayson but for all we know, he was first choice but rejected MM's offer, so MM went for a manager in a similar mould. And to be fair, Blackpool would have a lot of right to be very peeved if Grayson left on the brink of getting them promoted, or at least having done well with them.

Coming from a Dons fan:

I'd be disappointed and surprised if he leaves. He's been talking about our potential and wanting to lead us to promotion in the new stadium and he seemed pretty sure he was staying for a few years yet.

If he does go, with no disrespect to your club, I think it will be because of his salary and the money Mandaric can offer him (I'd expect Izale to leave this summer and this is the sort of club that he'll be destined for).

For those doubting McLeod - he's a more complete player now. He was poor in the playoffs if you're going off that, but he was a different character after coming back from the five game suspension; he works hard(ish), he apologises to teammates when he knows he's made a wrong decision instead of shrugging his shoulders and walking off looking bored and doesn't just wait on the last man all the time, he will pick up the ball deep, one of the most familiar Izale goals is picking it up down the left, cutting inside and blasting one across goal. Scores some cracking goals, he isn't just a goalhanger.

Hey no disrespect ‘Don fan’

The only thing credible about that club of yours was Martin Allen and now he’s going to Leicester.

I don't really know how to take this decision, if true!!!

Before Kelly was appointed, MA would have been a good chioce, being a manager who does well with very little, but we are club which have a good backer!!!

It shows the situation we are in, there doesn't seem to be many outstanding candidates in the market and city aren't attractive enough to attract the likes of Tigana!!

I suppose from MM's point of view, MA, is still inexperienced, hence 'mouldable' and hence MM can have more of an influence on then someone like Warnock!!

I agree with Babylon. When we had an incompetent board and an incompetent managerial team, I felt the need to discuss my view on tactics, signings and managers out of desperation because we were doing shit. I think, whatever his own motives are, MM wants us to do well. And I trust his judgement.

I think it's time Leicester fans stopped griping, and got behind MA 100%. Unless we go down, I'm giving him 1 and a half seasons of 100% support at least. I think managers need time.

My fondest memories of watching Leicester aren't of a team that plays nice football but of a team that always battled and gave 110%. That is the Leicester I want back and in that respect I have no problem with Allen coming here as I believe he is the kind of manager who would expect nothing less from his players. I am far more concerned about being linked to De Zeeuw, N'Gotty etc. Not sure if 36/37 year old defenders is the right route to be going down.

Manager has my full support though..I'm just a bit weary of Mandaric.

It won't bother me one little bit but all you football "purists" had better get ready for some direct football with total commitment. No more pitter patter passing at the Walkers in the near distant future. Very good appointment if it happens.

I might be a football purist but have always believed in being pretty ruthless about getting the ball and competing in every department first.

If Allen believes hit and hope will serve him at the top end he'll be wrong but with his family background I really cannot imagine this would be so.

Leicester need to be bigger, tougher, faster and more in peoples faces. All through the first team and even in midfield/defence at Academy level.

The trick is to have enough football as well to score the 80+ goals you need to get out of a division.

MON was never into pretty football but was certainly about effective football and there was no better sight than Walsh, Elliott, Heskey and Marshall all homing in on the opposition area for a free-kick or corner.

Hopefully Allen will be effective too in his own way. But there'll be no way around needing to play some football.

The need for those 80 goals won't disappear and simply lining up a few thugs won't get em.

The fact MK only managed 76 goals was what left them short of a promotion place.

He'll doubtless be determined to improve on that figure.

Official Statement

Leicester City have today confirmed that they have been given permission by MK Dons to speak to Martin Allen with regards to the vacant managerial position at the Walkers Stadium.

Chairman Milan Mandaric has drawn up a short-list of managers as he continues in his search for a new boss.

And Mandaric will now hold formal talks with Allen later this week as part of the ongoing recruitment process.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1028299,00.html

I'm not going to be so presumptious as to what sort of football Martin Allen would install here. Let's be honest, some of the clubs he's managed have been in a right state when he's took over and the chances of them being able to pass the ball around in triangles and fancy styles was remote. But whatever he did, he somehow got them challenging for promotion.

With money and better players, it would be a waste to get players such as Hendrie is we get him to to hack the ball straight at the strikers all the while.

The man has passion and refuses to give up, if he installs that in our team then we'll see an improvement almost instantly.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1028299,00.html

Official Statement

Leicester City have today confirmed that they have been given permission by MK Dons to speak to Martin Allen with regards to the vacant managerial position at the Walkers Stadium.

Chairman Milan Mandaric has drawn up a short-list of managers as he continues in his search for a new boss.

And Mandaric will now hold formal talks with Allen later this week as part of the ongoing recruitment process

It won't bother me one little bit but all you football "purists" had better get ready for some direct football with total commitment.

:sadnoddingsmilie:

Boring Longball Leicester :cry:

Still, he understands the word 'attack' and I do like the phrase "total commitment"...it's like Total Recall only without the bad acting and poor screenplay.

So would you all say that Milan is just doing the rounds ? or is this to offer Allen the job.

Surely if Milan is only been allowed to talk to him now, its only the start of it.

I dunno how it works ? someone enlighten me please.

Can this thread be merged with the other in transfer talk ?

So would you all say that Milan is just doing the rounds ? or is this to offer Allen the job.

Surely if Milan is only been allowed to talk to him now, its only the start of it.

I dunno how it works ? someone enlighten me please.

Can this thread be merged with the other in transfer talk ?

Surely he wouldn't be on 'the shortlist' without prior contact?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6665547.stm

Allen tipped to net Leicester job

Martin Allen

Martin Allen guided MK Dons to the League Two play-offs

MK Dons boss Martin Allen is set to get the nod ahead of Neil Warnock to take over as Leicester City's new manager.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric revealed Warnock, who left Sheffield United after they were relegated, was on a four-man shortlist.

But BBC Radio Five Live reports that Allen has now been approached to take over at the Walkers Stadium.

Allen, 41, guided MK Dons to the League Two play-offs, where they lost in the semi-final to Shrewsbury.

He is set to agree a three-year deal with Mandaric and may take coaches Dave Hockaday and Adrian Whitbread with him from MK Dons to Leicester.

Allen has only spent one season at MK Dons but had already built a reputation as one of the game's brightest young managers when he was at Brentford.

606: DEBATE

Who should Mandaric go for?

The news will come as a disappointment to Warnock, who would have been hoping to make a swift return after his departure from Bramall Lane.

Mandaric recently told the Leicester Mercury: "Neil Warnock is a good and experienced manager and may be under consideration.

"But he is only one of several on the list I will be considering. As it is such an important decision, I will not be rushed.

"I have had no dialogue with him or anyone else."

Nigel Worthington took over as caretaker manager of the Foxes in April after the departure of Rob Kelly.

He helped steer the club away from relegation and was also on the shortlist - but also looks to have lost out to Allen.

there was no better sight than Walsh, Elliott, Heskey and Marshall all homing in on the opposition area for a free-kick or corner.

Certainly wasn't pretty but they got the job done. I think commitment from the players is something we really need and I don't care what anyone says, watching players work hard for the shirt can never be boring in my opinion.

Archived