Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Out of the Shortlist

Out of the Shortlist  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of Milan's choices would be best?

• Martin Allen
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Neil Warnock
    • Paul Ince

The Choices:

1. Martin Allen - A fairly young, up and coming new manager. Dubbed "Mad-Dog", he has enjoyed success with Brentford guiding them to two consecutive play-offs in League 1 and the MK Dons reaching this years play-offs also in League 2 after consecutive relegations prior to his arrival. He has a comanding presence and gets the best out of his players against all the odds. Although using unconventional management methods, he gets results as is displayed by the FA Cup runs for the past few years including two 5th Round appearances with Brentford and a major giant killing over Sunderland in the 05/06 season.

2. Nigel Worthington - With experience on his side, Nigel Worthington knows what it takes to get to the Premiership. Although having not managed many clubs, he has achieved a fair amount of success including a play-off final appearance with Norwich and finally promotion to the Premiership with them in the 03/04 season. He comands respect from players and although failed to keep Norwich in the Premiership, has shown that he has the tactical ability to steer clubs to promotion despite having many critics.

3. Neil Warnock - Hot-headed and hated by many opposing fans, Warnock is a real character in football though unlike others has a wealth of experience and success to his name. Having managed 8 clubs in his time, he successfully guided Scarborough to the Conference title in the 86/87 season, won the Division 3 and Division 2 play-offs consecutively with Notts County in the 89/90 and 90/91 seasons, won the Division 2 play-offs with Huddersfield Town in the 94/95 season, won the Division 3 play-offs with Plymouth Argyle in the 95/96 season and finally gained promotion to the Premiership with Sheffield United just last year. This added to the fact that he has made it to the League Cup and FA Cup semi-finals with Sheffield should be enough to show that he has what it takes as a top manager.

4. Paul Ince - As a brand new face to footballing management, Ince has already shown that he knows what it takes to lead a team. Although coaching for a short time at Swindon Town, he made his full managerial breakthrough at Macclesfield this season. Joining them in October '06, they were 7 points adrift at the foot of the League 2 table yet a wave of confidence came with his arrival and he managed to guide them to safety on the last day of the season to keep them in the league. With such a vast history in football, Ince brings out the best in players reflected by him recieving the Manager of the Month award in December this season.

Give me a second! lol It's a big decision... lol

Plus I'm taking a rest after all that research and typing! :D

Can I just ask, is there concrete evidence Ince was on the short list or is that just sumising?

How many more threads on this are there going to be?

We have had your favourite

We have had the sweepstake

We have had milan's choices

We have who's on the shortlist

christ

This should be the last one... these are the last four! :D

Warnock Best of a bad bunch. Experience at this level and I'm sure he's likeable once hes on your side.

Allen I like the idea of a tough guy boss bollocking the players and pulling no punches in interviews but come on, the guy couldnt get out of League Two, why is he good enough for us?

Wortho I'm falling asleep already. I think we would be in a steady decline with him as boss.

Ince I'd like to give "youth" a chance but just too risky. We cant take the chance.

The Choices:

1. Martin Allen - A fairly young, up and coming new manager. Dubbed "Mad-Dog", he has enjoyed success with Brentford guiding them to two consecutive play-offs in League 2 and the MK Dons reaching this years play-offs also in League 2 after consecutive relegations prior to his arrival. He has a comanding presence and gets the best out of his players against all the odds. Although using unconventional management methods, he gets results as is displayed by the FA Cup runs for the past few years including two 5th Round appearances with Brentford and a major giant killing over Sunderland in the 05/06 season.

2. Nigel Worthington - With experience on his side, Nigel Worthington knows what it takes to get to the Premiership. Although having not managed many clubs, he has achieved a fair amount of success including a play-off final appearance with Norwich and finally promotion to the Premiership with them in the 03/04 season. He comands respect from players and although failed to keep Norwich in the Premiership, has shown that he has the tactical ability to steer clubs to promotion despite having many critics.

3. Neil Warnock - Hot-headed and hated by many opposing fans, Warnock is a real character in football though unlike others has a wealth of experience and success to his name. Having managed 8 clubs in his time, he successfully guided Scarborough to the Conference title in the 86/87 season, won the Division 3 and Division 2 play-offs consecutively with Notts County in the 89/90 and 90/91 seasons, won the Division 2 play-offs with Huddersfield Town in the 94/95 season, won the Division 3 play-offs with Plymouth Argyle in the 95/96 season and finally gained promotion to the Premiership with Sheffield United just last year. This added to the fact that he has made it to the League Cup and FA Cup semi-finals with Sheffield should be enough to show that he has what it takes as a top manager.

4. Paul Ince - As a brand new face to footballing management, Ince has already shown that he knows what it takes to lead a team. Although coaching for a short time at Swindon Town, he made his full managerial breakthrough at Macclesfield this season. Joining them in October '06, they were 7 points adrift at the foot of the League 2 table yet a wave of confidence came with his arrival and he managed to guide them to safety on the last day of the season to keep them in the league. With such a vast history in football, Ince brings out the best in players reflected by him recieving the Manager of the Month award in December this season.

He got Brentford to the League one play-offs not League two, that's why it was a bit of a shock that he left for MK Dons. Looking at the stats though, he got Brentford into the play-offs with a negative goal difference one season which doesn't sound too crowd pleasing.

He got Brentford to the League one play-offs not League two, that's why it was a bit of a shock that he left for MK Dons. Looking at the stats though, he got Brentford into the play-offs with a negative goal difference one season which doesn't sound too crowd pleasing.

You're an idiot, sorry.

Just what exactly had Martin O’Neill ever done as a manager before we took a chance oh him?

Yeah, pretty much nothing.

So how can you be sure that Martin Allen can’t achieve the same as MON did at Leicester?

You have to take these chances.

The way people moan on here is ridiculous. Considering we’ve been watching the wonderful football teachings of Craig Levein & Rob Kelly these last 3 seasons, I think our first season under Milan Mandaric and his choice of manager will be vast improvement on anything we’ve been used to in recent times. But still people find things to moan about and it’s absurd.

You're an idiot, sorry.

Just what exactly had Martin O’Neill ever done as a manager before we took a chance oh him?

So how can you be sure that Martin Allen can’t achieve the same as MON did at Leicester?

The way people moan on here is ridiculous. Considering we’ve been watching the wonderful football teachings of Craig Levein & Rob Kelly these last 3 seasons, I think our first season under Milan Mandaric and his choice of manager will be vast improvement on anything we’ve been used to in recent times. But still people find things to moan about and it’s absurd.

You're the idiot. Where did I say Martin Allen wouldn't make a good appointment and wouldn't be able to hack it at Championship level? I merely pointed out that he got a team to the League one play-offs, not League two as had been stated previously. I added a note of caution by saying one season ended up with a negative goal difference.

Allen I like the idea of a tough guy boss bollocking the players and pulling no punches in interviews but come on, the guy couldnt get out of League Two, why is he good enough for us?

Except he's reaches the League One play offs twice :whistle:

Except he's reaches the League One play offs twice :whistle:

Big cheese.

Its still a risk appointing someone who has never been at this level. My opinion of course.

I just feel disappointed the search for a manager is most likely ending up as: Martin Allen, formerly of MK Dons, League 2.

Anti-climax followed by frustration and eventual sacking before 3 years is out.

You're an idiot, sorry.

Who are you and what have you done with Master Fox? :angry:

We know what he's like (all pictures of fat ladies and tits and shit) and this ranting simply aint him.

I'm phoning the ****ing police.

:unsure:

What's the number?

Archived