Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Hammonds goal scoring record

Only 12 goals in 7 years

Only 59 Starts in 7 years

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who is shocked by this. We have a player who has scored 12 goals in 7 years. Iain Hume beat him in one. :frusty: Fair enough, he has'nt played much but - why did we sign him in the first place?

LINK

in the 7 years at fulham he only played 13 matches only 3 from the start , he hasnt played much here but he has done OK and has been a good option at times. he played over 100 fulham reserve games scoring 63 goals. he could be a very good player he just needs to work on a few things , hes scored some important goals this year he jus needs a few more oppurtunites.

in the 7 years at fulham he only played 13 matches only 3 from the start , he hasnt played much here but he has done OK and has been a good option at times. he played over 100 fulham reserve games scoring 63 goals. he could be a very good player he just needs to work on a few things , hes scored some important goals this year he jus needs a few more oppurtunites.

Oh, I did'nt know his reserve record :thumbup:

Oh, I did'nt know his reserve record :thumbup:

Reserve football is not exactly competitive is it Hurray we have a striker (snigger) who can score better than 1 every 2 at reserve level but is so obviously awful at first team level, tell you what you have convinced me c'mon the reseys :rolleyes:

You're crazy.

He is sh it.

Anyone with even half a brain can see that.

I'm bitter he makes money from the club which is indirectly/directly coming from us.

I'm shocked the man is a professional footballer.

And I'm ashamed each and every time he pulls on the shirt.

Elvis. If you're reading. You're a joke. You're a disgrace. Get out of this club.

Reserve football is not exactly competitive is it Hurray we have a striker (snigger) who can score better than 1 every 2 at reserve level but is so obviously awful at first team level, tell you what you have convinced me c'mon the reseys :rolleyes:

His 63 goals in reserves football dispel the myth that he can't shoot - shooting is shooting in any football - and he was on target for 12 goals for the season in the first team- 20% more than the much favoured Fryatt.

And this from a bloke who generally makes cameo appearances and has still had less experience of League football than Fryatt despite his age.

For one with so little experience his goals average last season is not far off that necessary for a striker and his speed and strength are far more useful than what Fryatt has offered even when he's not scoring.

Hammond knockers would have a different view if they could experience defending against the two because Hammond would be far more difficult to cope with than Fryatt who has always looked a limited threat to me and doesn't seem to have the strength and stamina I'd expect of a striker.

Anyway, if Hammond moves, which seems inevitable, and someone, somewhere at last shows faith in him over a period of time, then his confidence will return and I am sure he'll prove himself a valuable player. I certainly know which of the two I'd sooner keep.

But the problem is Thracian, you harp on about what a raw deal Hammond gets and then you slate Fryatt.

If goals are goals at any level, then you have to accept that over their careers, Fryatt has scored goals at a better level. You can't dismiss Fryatt's goals.

Fryatt has had one poor season. Elvis has been sh it his entire life.

His 63 goals in reserves football dispel the myth that he can't shoot - shooting is shooting in any football - and he was on target for 12 goals for the season in the first team- 20% more than the much favoured Fryatt.

And this from a bloke who generally makes cameo appearances and has still had less experience of League football than Fryatt despite his age.

For one with so little experience his goals average last season is not far off that necessary for a striker and his speed and strength are far more useful than what Fryatt has offered even when he's not scoring.

Hammond knockers would have a different view if they could experience defending against the two because Hammond would be far more difficult to cope with than Fryatt who has always looked a limited threat to me and doesn't seem to have the strength and stamina I'd expect of a striker.

Anyway, if Hammond moves, which seems inevitable, and someone, somewhere at last shows faith in him over a period of time, then his confidence will return and I am sure he'll prove himself a valuable player. I certainly know which of the two I'd sooner keep.

Don't you remember what Sir Rob Kelly said "class is permanant". Believe!

Thracian you seem a very nice man but you Must be crazy or have extremely bad judgment.

I cannot shorten my argument from Hammond is piss poor

Fryatt is a good striker already proven in my book at Leicester, admitted tho he had an injury hit season last term

I seriously give up.

Thracian's dream of attacking football is obviously actually one of players who have scored loads of goals in reserve football but prefer to simply run offside at any other time.

It seems to Thracian, goals at reserve standard are more impressive/valuable that goals for the 1st team.

Strange.

Scoring goals in the reserves is all good and well, but not being able to replicate that form in proper matches shows that he just hasnt got what it takes, reserves football is nothing more than a training session these days anyway! Many players, professional and amateur can be world beaters in training but useless in the match, Hammond is def one of these.

I am astounded !! It is a simple fact...Hammond is crap!! no other word for it...crap....... and how on earth anyone can argue the case differently would lead me to seriously question their sanity.

:rolleyes:

to have scored fewer than 85 goals at all levels when aged 27 it astonishing for a striker. it's by far the worst record of all our strikers and he's got a good four and a bit years on our next oldest striker Ian Hume.

There are five goals he scored in the Dutch first divison play offs for RBC Roosendaal in their play off campaign that for some reason never get counted towards his goal tally on Wikipedia, Soccerbase etc so it's actually 17 senior first team goals.

Thracian how does 63 goals from arouund 7 years of RESERVE football prove a player can shoot. :rolleyes:

Only 12 goals in 7 years

Only 59 Starts in 7 years

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who is shocked by this. We have a player who has scored 12 goals in 7 years. Iain Hume beat him in one. :frusty: Fair enough, he has'nt played much but - why did we sign him in the first place?

LINK

Yes that isn't good enough.

But I don't get it. Are you trying to make out that we deserve players who score 20 goals year in year out?

Yes that isn't good enough.

But I don't get it. Are you trying to make out that we deserve players who score 20 goals year in year out?

We deserve players better than Hammond - that will be a start

Archived