Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Clive Platt

Reports in the Nudes of the world saying Allens poised to raid former club MK Dons for Clive Platt (29) I hope this is just more pointless rubbish they fill that toilet paper with.

hope so too.

i reckon we will get linked with any dons player who has worked out how to tie his own shoe laces though..

He is in the right mould of a striker we need, tall and strong, however there are many better out there.

Also if true its a reflection on the type of football that will be played.

He's just had probably the best season of his life, so its all down hill from here on in.

I reckon this could be truer than the rumour about Mcleod as Platt likes the long ball and wouldn't cost as much.

I think he is. He's been around for awhile tbh.

So he's experienced then?

I hope Fez is not around!

:shutup:

Reports in the Nudes of the world saying Allens poised to raid former club MK Dons for Clive Platt (29) I hope this is just more pointless rubbish they fill that toilet paper with.

Wasn't he at Peterbourgh before?? :dunno:

Wasn't he at Peterbourgh before?? :dunno:

Yes and Notts County, I watched him at Notts and he is slow and doesnt even look half effective against League 1 defences (as they were at the time) we can do a lot better than that, maybe Steve Howard on loan would be an idea given Derbys lack of belief he will cut it in the Premiership. Its nothing to do with Platts age hes just not good enough for this level IMO.

Yes and Notts County, I watched him at Notts and he is slow and doesnt even look half effective against League 1 defences (as they were at the time) we can do a lot better than that, maybe Steve Howard on loan would be an idea given Derbys lack of belief he will cut it in the Premiership. Its nothing to do with Platts age hes just not good enough for this level IMO.

Thought so! :thumbup:

Well you know hes better than what we have (Hammond) and thats really all i would settle for, a bit better than what we have :whistle:

I'm not entirely sure he is better than Hammond. Well, technically he is. But they have the same amount of goalscoring threat at this level and it's criminally insufficient.

I'm not entirely sure he is better than Hammond. Well, technically he is. But they have the same amount of goalscoring threat at this level and it's criminally insufficient.

Yup.

We would be a laughing stock if that was our striking partnership next season, assuming the rumours that Allen rates Hammond and he wants this guy.

He's crap. I can't put it any more bluntly than that.

I remember watching his "physical battle" with Danny Shittu in a Notts/QPR game about 4 years ago. It was like watching two pissed blokes in inflatable sumo costumes in a pub car park on bank holiday weekend.

Only with less skill.

He's crap. I can't put it any more bluntly than that.

I remember watching his "physical battle" with Danny Shittu in a Notts/QPR game about 4 years ago. It was like watching two pissed blokes in inflatable sumo costumes in a pub car park on bank holiday weekend.

Only with less skill.

I can see where you got the message in your avatar from now. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Skysports.com understands a mystery Championship club have made a move for MK Dons hit-man Clive Platt.

Platt impressed at MK Dons last season scoring 18 goals in League Two and his performances caught the attention of a host of clubs.

MK Dons face a fight to keep hold of the giant striker and the unnamed Championship suitors are believed to have tabled an undisclosed bid for Platt.

Platt is believed to be keen on trying his luck at a higher level and would be interested in securing a move to the Championship.

Dons are reluctant to lose Platt having agreed to listen to offers for top scorer Izale McLeod and the Championship side are waiting to hear if their offer for Platt will be accepted or not.

Hope it aint us :dunno:

Skysports.com understands a mystery Championship club have made a move for MK Dons hit-man Clive Platt.

Platt impressed at MK Dons last season scoring 18 goals in League Two and his performances caught the attention of a host of clubs.

MK Dons face a fight to keep hold of the giant striker and the unnamed Championship suitors are believed to have tabled an undisclosed bid for Platt.

Platt is believed to be keen on trying his luck at a higher level and would be interested in securing a move to the Championship.

Dons are reluctant to lose Platt having agreed to listen to offers for top scorer Izale McLeod and the Championship side are waiting to hear if their offer for Platt will be accepted or not.

Archived