Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Just a thought

Douglas, Maybury, Hughes, DeVries, Hammond - their contracts all run out in 2008, however they have been transfer listed.

Hume and McCarthy - contracts run out in 2008 - offered new deals.

Wesolowski, Sheehan and Kenton - contracts also run out in 2008.

Anyone else think they are either going to be offered new deals or put on the list?

I predict a new deal for Wesolowski, Sheehan and Kenton to leave.

Douglas, Maybury, Hughes, DeVries, Hammond - their contracts all run out in 2008, however they have been transfer listed.

Anyone else think they are either going to be offered new deals or put on the list?

Wesolowski: should be relishing this season and will surely be offered a new deal.

Kenton: has been injured much of the time and contributed little to the last season. And when he did play he was rarely impressive. Why keep him?

Sheehan: I have no idea whether he is over his niggling injuries and fit to play or not. I'd imagine Allen will watch him in training and pre-season matches before making decisions about him.

I well understand that the club want to get Mattock's value up but I still think he needs careful handling, despite being such an excellent prospect.

Allen represents the last chance saloon for Sheehan. If Allen can't or doesn't think he can get the best of him then I cannot see any future for Sheehan beyond lower League football. But Sheehan needs to be spot on with his fitness and his attitude.

I just get the impression that Allen doesn't want any player of any worth with a contract expiring at the end of the season, not just so he doesnt lose a player on a free but also because he will want to build for the next three years.

or perhaps they will be given a season to prove their worth and if required offered deals before the jan transfer window?!

What you all going to do if Weso's gammy leg can't stand up to Sergeant Allen's pre season boot camp and he gets punted?

I have no doubt there'll be competition for places by the time that test comes - but I'm hoping we can start forgetting the leg and start enjoying Wesolowski the footballer. :thumbup:

What you all going to do if Weso's gammy leg can't stand up to Sergeant Allen's pre season boot camp and he gets punted?

Its a risk whichever way Allen plays it.

He might get offered a new deal and then get another serious injury, or find that with all the injuries he's had not be able to withstand pre-season and then we're stuck. Or he might actually fulfil some of his potential and become a permanent fixture in the side, thus attracting the interest of bigger teams. By this stage it might be too late to offer him new terms. Whereas if he's tied into a contract, there's less likelihood of him leaving.

Personally I think its 50/50. If I was Allen I'd take the chance and offer to top up his contract by a year and see how he does.

Its a risk whichever way Allen plays it.

He might get offered a new deal and then get another serious injury, or find that with all the injuries he's had not be able to withstand pre-season and then we're stuck. Or he might actually fulfil some of his potential and become a permanent fixture in the side, thus attracting the interest of bigger teams. By this stage it might be too late to offer him new terms. Whereas if he's tied into a contract, there's less likelihood of him leaving.

Personally I think its 50/50. If I was Allen I'd take the chance and offer to top up his contract by a year and see how he does.

Allen could always offer a contact with injury clauses in it or with yearly options on his contract. it isn't as if he has a great history and although was played towards the end of the season he has not had a prolonged good run in the side although i believe he has the makings to contribute to our cause this term

even if he doesn't sign a new deal we'd stil get "compensation" for wesolowski as he's under 24

Doesn't it require that he's been here since a certain age/for some amount of time?

yes but he has been at Leicester since he was 16 = a schoolboy so we are all well and good for that rule!

Thought he was 15 at the time, oh well nevermind. Glad to hear he can't be ripped out of our hands for free :)

Find someone else to bitch about. Weso deserves some respect.

Why? :dunno:

You 'earn' respect - and he just hasn't earned it yet, baby.

Yes he has, from me at least. He has guts and ability to do the job in midfield and along Mattock played a big part in our survival last season. His goal against Fulham was sublime and probably the only goal worth remembering from last season. And noone of us would have the balls to go out and play the way he does after such an unfortunate injury. I know it has been said before but I'll continue repeating till you dust off in boredom.

Yes he has, from me at least. He has guts and ability to do the job in midfield and along Mattock played a big part in our survival last season. His goal against Fulham was sublime and probably the only goal worth remembering from last season. And noone of us would have the balls to go out and play the way he does after such an unfortunate injury. I know it has been said before but I'll continue repeating till you dust off in boredom.

He made eleven league starts this season, Mattock made three...if you are that easily pleased then you should apply to be my wife.

Guts and ability he may have - but he has yet to produce consistent form across a substantial part of a season.

He made eleven league starts this season, Mattock made three...if you are that easily pleased then you should apply to be my wife.

Guts and ability he may have - but he has yet to produce consistent form across a substantial part of a season.

I don't know what you're trying to get to. As if you're trying to tell me it was because our inane midfield this season kept Weso out of the team. Hughes' tackling ability!

weso hasn't proved anything, but i'd give him an extension to his contract even if its just an extra year for the time being.

as for kenton, when fit he is a good right back and valuable cover right the way across the defence and more then up to it at this level

Archived