Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

adam hammill

admitly, you have a point. But if we look at what Brum did last year Loaning Muamba & Bentner who were focal points to there team. although Bentner went back to Arsenal they managed to get Muamba on a permenent basis. Also how many young english players get a chance at the likes of Liverpool & Arsenal? 1 or 2 a season may get the odd game? Maybe Benitez new Goatie/beard is scaring all the players off, he looks like Poirot lol

But whilst clubs like Brum keep providing an outlet these big clubs will continue to buy up and tie up all the talent, if they couldn't loan them out they would either have to use them or lose them and better still not pinch them from smaller clubs in the first place. It's all part of the rotten stink that is G14.

I'd rather give the likes of Gradel a chance, these players that come on loan will never be ours and to be honest to me, as a fan, i can't really get excited about going to watch them.

Well said and if he proves not to be good enough move him on and make a space for another up and coming youngster but at least give these young lads a chance before we doff our caps of humiliation to the big clubs.

So why should we help these clubs out?

To my mind it's not much different to signing someone on a one-year contract. If anything it's better, because you can pack them back off to wherever they came from if their attitude is wrong or they aren't very good.

We're getting an exciting young talent without having to pay a whacking great transfer fee.

Anyone who thinks our youth players are on a par with those at Liverpool is living in a dream world. I'm all in favour of seeing what our best young players can do in the first team but to rule out signing good young players on loan is silly in my opinion.

admitly, you have a point. But if we look at what Brum did last year Loaning Muamba & Bentner who were focal points to there team. although Bentner went back to Arsenal they managed to get Muamba on a permenent basis. Also how many young english players get a chance at the likes of Liverpool & Arsenal? 1 or 2 a season may get the odd game? Maybe Benitez new Goatie/beard is scaring all the players off, he looks like Poirot lol

and Larssonn and look at the effect they had on their good run.

To my mind it's not much different to signing someone on a one-year contract. If anything it's better, because you can pack them back off to wherever they came from if their attitude is wrong or they aren't very good.

We're getting an exciting young talent without having to pay a whacking great transfer fee.

Anyone who thinks our youth players are on a par with those at Liverpool is living in a dream world. I'm all in favour of seeing what our best young players can do in the first team but to rule out signing good young players on loan is silly in my opinion.

That's the whole point though we aren't getting them, there are rarely if ever going to be ours and whilst we continue to support the whole process the big clubs will continue to scoop up every decent youngster.

As for our players being on a par with Liverpools, why is that such a silly notion, sure they are likely to have a greater quantity purely because the loan sysem supports it, but smaller clubs like us still manage, despite the system encouraging 16 year olds to move to the bigger clubs to hang on to one or two like Mattock who sensibly turned down such an opportunity.

It can't have been far off the situation that Mattock could have gone to Liverpool/Man U and we would be loaning him back FFS, how anyone can support that system is beyond me.

:blink: Really? :unsure:

Well didn't they just win their league and then beat the two other best teams in the other leagues, I think that makes them one of the best teams, or is there another measure I'm not aware of that proves otherwise?

That's the whole point though we aren't getting them, there are rarely if ever going to be ours and whilst we continue to support the whole process the big clubs will continue to scoop up every decent youngster.

As for our players being on a par with Liverpools, why is that such a silly notion, sure they are likely to have a greater quantity purely because the loan sysem supports it, but smaller clubs like us still manage, despite the system encouraging 16 year olds to move to the bigger clubs to hang on to one or two like Mattock who sensibly turned down such an opportunity.

It can't have been far off the situation that Mattock could have gone to Liverpool/Man U and we would be loaning him back FFS, how anyone can support that system is beyond me.

We may have had a bad experience with Ryan Smith recently which is putting people off the idea but if we can get one youngster in on loan from a Premiership club who will help us get to the Premiership then for me that is a good move, regardless of some wider dislike of the current state of football.

Out of interest then, are you against loaning younger players out at all levels? You wouldn't have even wanted Dodds or Sheehan to have gone out on loan to the scant extent that they have done?

We may have had a bad experience with Ryan Smith recently which is putting people off the idea but if we can get one youngster in on loan from a Premiership club who will help us get to the Premiership then for me that is a good move, regardless of some wider dislike of the current state of football.

Out of interest then, are you against loaning younger players out at all levels? You wouldn't have even wanted Dodds or Sheehan to have gone out on loan to the scant extent that they have done?

I'm not against it in principal it's just that the system is being abused by both the loaners and borrowers. To me it's wgong on two key areas. one it allows the big clubs to ensnare all the rising talent, not always to the individuals advantage and helps them to sustain their hold over football in general and two it cannot be right that clubs like Brum and us are coming to rely on borrowing these players in order to get promoted.

Well didn't they just win their league and then beat the two other best teams in the other leagues, I think that makes them one of the best teams, or is there another measure I'm not aware of that proves otherwise?

well... we HAD one of the best youth teams... but i think it was 9 of them have been signed on professional contracts. i could be wrong but i think that now means they have graduated from the youth team.. I would be very keen on loaning some of these players out to a second division team for them to get some first team experiece... i dont think its likely all 9 of them, maybe even none of them will develope into first team regulars this season.. and certainly noy before martin Allen sending them out on loan... .. probably to the dons. lol Im sure liverpool, Man u , Arsenal will have the same idea and will be loaning players out to our division. If they are skillful and we DONT try and go for any of them, they could end up playing for our rivals having a bad effect ( potentially) on our season.. ( by playing well for the other teams!)

I'm not against it in principal it's just that the system is being abused by both the loaners and borrowers. To me it's wgong on two key areas. one it allows the big clubs to ensnare all the rising talent, not always to the individuals advantage and helps them to sustain their hold over football in general and two it cannot be right that clubs like Brum and us are coming to rely on borrowing these players in order to get promoted.

There may be some romantic notion that players should remain at smaller clubs to learn their trade but it's inevitable that if they are good enough then they have to move on at some stage. There has been a growing trend that the most talented players are joining bigger clubs from a younger age these days but that's their decision. It's not enforced child labour or anything. Supporting a team like Leicester you have to get used to the fact that players will move on. Even at the height of our recent achievements we had our best players snapped up by big clubs like Liverpool and Celtic.

People don't often seem to factor in the confidence players have in their own ability, like when players such as Parker and Sidwell move to Chelsea. They don't go there thinking they are just going to pick up a tidy pay packet and sit on the bench all season, they have become top-level professional footballers partly because they have an extremely strong belief in their own ability. It's much the same for youngsters who move to the big clubs. They will all think they are up to the task, it's not just the money involved.

The argument comes down to player ownership. If it's important to you that our players are owned by us, then that is fair enough. Personally, I couldn't care less who they belong to as long as they are putting in the effort and displaying the ability befitting of what we all want the royal blue shirt to represent. It's not much different to someone like Joe Mattock having the season of his life and getting inevitably snapped up by a big team at the end of the season in a Gareth Bale fashion, having one of their players on loan who returns at the end of the season, in my own view.

There may be some romantic notion that players should remain at smaller clubs to learn their trade but it's inevitable that if they are good enough then they have to move on at some stage. There has been a growing trend that the most talented players are joining bigger clubs from a younger age these days but that's their decision. It's not enforced child labour or anything. Supporting a team like Leicester you have to get used to the fact that players will move on. Even at the height of our recent achievements we had our best players snapped up by big clubs like Liverpool and Celtic.

People don't often seem to factor in the confidence players have in their own ability, like when players such as Parker and Sidwell move to Chelsea. They don't go there thinking they are just going to pick up a tidy pay packet and sit on the bench all season, they have become top-level professional footballers partly because they have an extremely strong belief in their own ability. It's much the same for youngsters who move to the big clubs. They will all think they are up to the task, it's not just the money involved.

The argument comes down to player ownership. If it's important to you that our players are owned by us, then that is fair enough. Personally, I couldn't care less who they belong to as long as they are putting in the effort and displaying the ability befitting of what we all want the royal blue shirt to represent. It's not much different to someone like Joe Mattock having the season of his life and getting inevitably snapped up by a big team at the end of the season in a Gareth Bale fashion, having one of their players on loan who returns at the end of the season, in my own view.

i remember when a young Kevin cambell came to play for us on loan from Arsenal. Best loan signing we ever made... everyone loved him. Was sad to see him leave....

Shouldn't we be giving our own 17/18 year olds a chance first?

Why is every one so keen to develop other clubs youngsters for them when we've got one of the best youth teams in the Country. Fair enough if we haven't got anyone or our youth team was totally shite.

These big clubs must be laughing their heads off at Championship clubs begging to develop their players for them :nono: after which, if they are anywhere near successful they bugger off and we're left with a massive void or they're are up their own arses and disrupt the team and prevent the development of our own players.

On top of that it helps these big clubs to go around buying up every potential youngster knowing that they can be loaned out; frankly I just don't get it at all.

The loan system has all the flaws you mention and more. It makes a mockery of competitive club football and the sooner it is rethought the better.

I've never heard of him but if it's a loan deal then we might aswell get him in if he's got potential then if he is shite just stick him in the reserves until Liverpool get pissed off and recall him

Yes yes yes, lets grab him now, he single-handedly got Dunfermline of someone like that to the scottish cup final, and Liverpool are as good as us for youth players, we are the top two teams in the country, us number one of course though hehe.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Hammill, who is highly-regarded at Anfield, is set for a loan move this summer as Rafa Benitez continues his policy of loaning out his best young players, so that they can gain valuable experience before making the step-up to the first team.

The 19-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Dunfermline, helping them reach the Scottish Cup final with a number of eye-catching performances.

Hammill was also a regular in the England Under 19 side this season, in a side which included the likes of Giles Barnes, James Vaughan and Fabrice Muamba.

His showings have not gone unnoticed with a plethora of clubs north and south of the border monitoring his situation at Liverpool.

Old Firm duo Celtic and Rangers are both willing to offer the skilful winger a chance to play in Scotland again next season, after he impressed against them while playing for Dunfermline.

However, the likes of Birmingham, Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace and Southampton are all keeping tabs on Hammill and are ready to offer the youngster regular first team football.

i think that we need more young players from teams like liverpool and arsenal as they have proved to be big hits in the championship like nicolas bendtner at birmangham

i think that we need more young players from teams like liverpool and arsenal as they have proved to be big hits in the championship like nicolas bendtner at birmangham

What?

We have bags of quality in our own young players.

And is Birmangham in the West Madlands?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

Just to let you know that I know Adam's cousin & he has just informed me that he's chosen to go to southampton on loan. Shame, I was hoping to see Hammill playing for us this season

Archived