Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Which one of our u21s will shine this season?

Make your choice and win £50 in invouchers  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of our u21s will shine this season?

• Conrad Logan
    • Louis Dodds
    • Levi Porter
    • Alan Sheehan
    • Joe Mattock
    • Max Gradel
    • Eric Odhiambo
    • James Wesolowski
    • Matt Fryatt
    • Richard Stearman
    • Billy McKay
    • Ashley Chambers
    • Andy King
    • Carl Pentney
    • Ricky Sappleton
    • Joe Magunda
    • Ryan Beswick
    • Thracian
    • davieG
    • Other

OK its competition time lol

In this poll I have listed all players who are aged 21 or under that have a realistic chance of featuring at some stage within our team this season. We are blessed with some good young players and some of those amongst the names have already had quite alot of first team action to varying success. Some have highlighted some of last seasons succesful academy to have huge futures ahead of them and maybe the likes of King, Gradel and Mattock will become first team regulars? Who knows but a season in football always unearths new stars and heres hoping that we are fortunate enough to end the season with at least one huge star from the list above!

Now for the competition. Amongst the businesses I co-own is an online gaming company that sells all retro games and all the new stuff like wii`s and PS3s etc. What I am offering is £50 worth of vouchers from that company towards whatever they want, whether its to go retro and buy a C64 with games or buy a PS3 game lol ! Its yours to do what you want.

What I am asking is for people to make a vote in the poll to whom they think will have the biggest impact this season. That can include a player that ends up out on loan that stars for another side but wont include any player sold. Once your vote is in, simply write who your choice in a comment so I can see who everyone has gone for. Once you have made your choice you cannot change your mind.

At the seasons end we will all have a vote as we do for our young player of the year (not the clubs but ours) and all the people who voted the winner will have there names slung into a hat and i`ll draw the winner.

I`ll vote for fun but am obviously not in the competition so I dont expect anyone to start throwing some Serie A dodgy accusations my way lol . Also, Im sorry if I missed out ny name or if any of the names above were released but rmember I have been abroad for two months and am not 100% upto speed. For example, I havent got a clue if Dodds signed a new deal in the end etc! There is an "other" option in the event that we sign someone else or Ive missed someone out.

Good Luck

Geo

I think Mattock will have a solid season.

I agree. At the end of last season he showed what he's capable of both at left back and on the left wing. Hopefully he can hold down a place next year and steer clear of injuries. Still very young, so maybe not ready for a full season next year.

Weso also I think, if he can stay clear of the injuries he's been known to carry.

I'd go for Mattock, especially since we havn't signed a new left back or left winger yet, making him the most likely to feature heavily ;)

I thought that was what Hellings is??!!

I dont know why but I reckon Stearman will have a huge season this time around and i think he will appreciate training with better quality players and playing in a team that is organised.

I thought that was what Hellings is??!!

I dont know why but I reckon Stearman will have a huge season this time around and i think he will appreciate training with better quality players and playing in a team that is organised.

If Stearman gets his head down there is nothing stopping him having a good season. The discipline of Allen will help him focus more hopefully.

Teejay has definitely been released. Can't remember about Lycett although he certainly had a trial game for Grimsby.

At first team level I'd go for Wesolowski if he stays clear of injury but elsewhere I think Billy McKay will make an impression in the Reserves, together with Sappleton.

I am going with Levi to really impress this season.

The lad deserves a break and if MA picks him a few times, he should shine.

Come on, Levi.

And nice one, Geo :thumbup:

hasn't Tommy Tejan-sie been released.

I did say that I may have missed the odd bot of news so if a Mod can be kind enough and delete where applicable I`d be greatful! :thumbup:

I did say that I may have missed the odd bot of news so if a Mod can be kind enough and delete where applicable I`d be greatful! :thumbup:

What are you going to do if Mattock wins this? 8 people voted him already! £50 each!? lol

What are you going to do if Mattock wins this? 8 people voted him already! £50 each!? lol

lol mate I`ll sling your names into a hat and the person who offers me the best bribe shall miraculously see there name pulled out of a hat. I have to buy a hat now as it would be wrong to pull names out of a baseball cap.

Well Mattock and Weso are the obvious choices with Fryatt, Logan, Stearman and Levi being the obvious outside candidates as they'll be the players pushing for first team duties.

Then you've got Sheehan and Dodds who should be pushing for first team duties but haven't yet had the chance (ooooh controversial) and i think Sappleton will be lumbered in here too.

But of the youngest of the lads im thinking Billy McKay, Andy King, Max Gradel and Ashley Chambers are those most likely to get a crack in the first team, injuries/manager depending.

My views possibly askew it is up to you.

Doo Doo Doo Doo.

I ryme cos i have plenty of time.

Also you should do an over 30's one. I would but im lazy.

Archived