Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Jeffers

The problem with all these free transfers is were showing no ambition, jeffers is not a bad player, average in my book, but where are the bids for billy sharpe, freddie eastwood, etc, etc (lads gonna get us out of this division).

if the signings carry on this way, we are only gonna scrape the playoffs if were lucky.

I believe Martin Allen is the right man and can get us up, but we need more quality to fight against teams like, sheff utd, west brom, charlton, soton, who have all spent and strengthend.

what we think guys???

:blink:

The problem with all these free transfers is were showing no ambition, jeffers is not a bad player, average in my book, but where are the bids for billy sharpe, freddie eastwood, etc, etc (lads gonna get us out of this division).

if the signings carry on this way, we are only gonna scrape the playoffs if were lucky.

I believe Martin Allen is the right man and can get us up, but we need more quality to fight against teams like, sheff utd, west brom, charlton, soton, who have all spent and strengthend.

what we think guys???

:rolleyes: any evidence for that statement?

Francis Jeffers is a failure, why would we want to go back to the Adams years and pick up overpaid names who are lazy and don't give a monkeys about LCFC as they have had recognition before getting here?

We want young hungry players who have a point to prove not 1 England appearance for god only knows why has beens who were not much when they were any good

Yeah.....and he'd suit the direct long ball style Martin Allen is going to adopt.

I can see us being quite direct but why would you bother buying ball playing midfielders if you were going to miss them out altogether?

I can see us being quite direct but why would you bother buying ball playing midfielders if you were going to miss them out altogether?

And who, pray, are these ball-playing midfielders Martin Allen has signed? I find it incomprehensible that anyone cannot see that every signing has been bought in to do a specific job in a Martin Allen direct style system. Effort, strength, pace on the flanks...yes. But ball playing midfielders...???

And who, pray, are these ball-playing midfielders Martin Allen has signed? I find it incomprehensible that anyone cannot see that every signing has been bought in to do a specific job in a Martin Allen direct style system. Effort, strength, pace on the flanks...yes. But ball playing midfielders...???

They are becoming a bit of an urban myth at Championship level.

Gareth Willaims - failed.

Stephen Hughes - failed.

etc etc

They are becoming a bit of an urban myth at Championship level.

Gareth Willaims - failed.

Stephen Hughes - failed.

etc etc

I'll settle for a couple of midfielders that can find a team mate with a forward pass.

:dunno: You've sort of got a point but if Hendrie does end up being signed then he'll presumably be the play-maker. and hellings is likely to be skilled with the ball having come through the ajax youth system. the only signing which points to direct style in my view would be cort but bearing in mind he is our only tall front man (i don't count MDV) i think that's more about having a balanced attack than playing crazy gang footie. I'm not saying there won't be an emphasis on quick attack which could lead to forward ball but i think more often than not we'll be playing from kishechev to a hendrie/clemence typew player on to the wings for a corss to cort or through the middle for hume/fryatt to run on to :whistle:

:dunno: You've sort of got a point but if Hendrie does end up being signed then he'll presumably be the play-maker. and hellings is likely to be skilled with the ball having come through the ajax youth system. the only signing which points to direct style in my view would be cort but bearing in mind he is our only tall front man (i don't count MDV) i think that's more about having a balanced attack than playing crazy gang footie. I'm not saying there won't be an emphasis on quick attack which could lead to forward ball but i think more often than not we'll be playing from kishechev to a hendrie/clemence typew player on to the wings for a corss to cort or through the middle for hume/fryatt to run on to :whistle:

With respect, Toddybad, you're more slippery than a barrell load of eels.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/6708069.stm

Ipswich have made a new offer for Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers.

Town have had two bids for the 26-year-old turned down - the first being £350,000 - but Blackburn are thought to be holding out for £1m.

"I am hopeful a deal can be completed and we are determined to bring Franny to Ipswich," chairman David Sheepshanks told the East Anglian Daily Times.

"The ball is still in play and we have made a new proposal. There is currently a disagreement over values."

Sheepshanks added: "We cannot pay over the odds. Nor can we breach the pay structure at our club.

"And we appreciate we cannot wait for ever before looking seriously at alternatives to Franny. We have other options."

The former Everton and Arsenal forward scored four goals in nine appearances when on loan at Ipswich last season.

And he forward made it clear that was keen on a permanent move to Portman Road.

Jeffers joined Blackburn on a two-year deal in July 2006 but has struggled to hold down a first-team place.

Jeffers has underachieved at all of the clubs he has been at. There was a buzz about him wasn't there when he first came onto the scene. But never furfilled his potential. Don't think we need him really, wages could be fairly high. Also looks like Ipswitch are favourites. :thumbup:

Sorry I dont think Jeffers is worth £1 Million. For that sort of money we should be able to find some real quality, Cardiff picked up Chopra for £500k for example.

1 million for jeffers i hope someones blowin bubbles thats flippin ridiculous i thought free & 8k a week at most :o

• 5 weeks later...

Archived