Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Jeffers

I don't want players such as Jeffers and Lisbie anywhere near our club. They're just there to collect their wages and nothing else.

Agreed, although i would however like to snatch him under Ipswich's noses just to piss my flatmate off cos he adores him thanks to last season.

Lisbie is a definite NO!

And now we've missed out on Todorov i'd take Jeffers and Job for under a mil definately.

We have to be realistic and know that we will be linked to some under-achievers with the hope that we can turn them around. Jeffers was prolific for the England u-21s and Im sure has played and scored for Englands full side. He ha sbeen transferred for £10m once and couldnt get in the Arsenal team due to players like a certain Thierry Henry. Admittedly he has lost his way after a few injuries and stuff but to me he fits the bill perfectly for the type of player we should sign. Still relatively young at 26 and plenty to prove!!

I know this is probably another rumour but lets hope there is something in this one, especially as it looks like the Job deal has collapsed.

Well said.

Stay away big ears.

I'd rather MM works on getting de Vries and Hammond out. The team would be complete with Hendrie (and Lisbie) excluding talent of Kaebi similiarity.

I think we need a quality striker but I am not sure Jeffers is that player. He had a great start to his career but seems to have gone off the boil a lot!! I guess now we have missed out on Toddy and Job we will be linked with many others - surley cant be long before the Fowler bandwagon starts up!!!

If this is true then Fryatt could be on his way out ?

No thanks i'd rather keep Fryatt.

He will be a man with something to prove this season.

Like everyone else, he starts the season with a keen slate.

Sounds like he's already focused on being fit enough to make an impression and that would be like having an extra squad member.

At this early stage it sounds like Cort's been left stuck in the starting stalls. What with back trouble and knee trouble in the first three days he sounds more like a trainee for SJAB than a footballer.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we could get jeffers for free/little. he's not THAT bad and lets face it we could do with another face up front when cort gets injured 10mins into the season.

and yes yes yes yes yes to the thompson idea - is it david thompson or is he still at blackburn. if it's david thompson then move the world to get him but if its not i dont care. :dunno:

I certainly wouldn't complain if we could get jeffers for free/little. he's not THAT bad and lets face it we could do with another face up front when cort gets injured 10mins into the season.

and yes yes yes yes yes to the thompson idea - is it david thompson or is he still at blackburn. if it's david thompson then move the world to get him but if its not i dont care. :dunno:

How can you say "yes yes" etc to the Thompson idea and then ask which Thompson it is???????

:frusty::frusty:

David Thompson.

He's not at Blackburn... hasn't been for over a year. lol

He's been at Wigan, Portsmouth and Bolton since he left Blackburn in 2006 (January, I imagine). :thumbup:

He's presently a free agent after being released by Bolton.

Jeffers is a bloke who's name is better known than his achievements.

Well said, never seemed to cut it where ever he's been and looked to get carried away at Arsenal. Maybe the championship could be his level but not at City

Jeffers is a bloke who's name is better known than his achievements.

:thumbup:

If this does mean that Fryatt would be on his way out, I'd much rather keept Fryatt. Everywhere he has gone he's not lived up to his 'reputation'.

I hope it's still the silly season. First Todorov and now Jeffers. Surely Leicester don't need any more clapped out, injury prone players. There's a long hard season ahead and even thinking about signing this type of player is bonkers.

Well he has not played a lot of football in the last 10 years - 84 starts and 74 as sub and 40 goals.

I think we can do better, I know Mcloed has not had experience at this level but at least he knows where the goal is :clap:

The problem with all these free transfers is were showing no ambition, jeffers is not a bad player, average in my book, but where are the bids for billy sharpe, freddie eastwood, etc, etc (lads gonna get us out of this division).

if the signings carry on this way, we are only gonna scrape the playoffs if were lucky.

I believe Martin Allen is the right man and can get us up, but we need more quality to fight against teams like, sheff utd, west brom, charlton, soton, who have all spent and strengthend.

what we think guys???

Archived