Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Mansfield

I said it and I meant it. If young enough and fit enough such people who will do anything for money whether it makes people's lives a misery or not are exactly the types who might graduate to be recruits for such organisations. In fact, I imagine they're psychologically a bit like your good self. In need of the sort of power and attention you'd never be given on the basis of any praiseworthy abilities.

Couldn't reply to your retort at my previous post. I rate your views on the youngsters that have come/are coming through (eg Porter,Mattock,Beswick). I've never seen Andy King play and really want to. Was hoping he'd feature in either the Hinckley,Mansfield or Notts C game. It was a flipant remark meant as a joke for which I apologise if caused offence but was based on your numerous posts praising this guy to the point where it looked as if he is something special; something seemingly not recognised by the first team coaches yet.

And Fryatt nearly scored! :whistle::)

I'm guessing the weather is a -1 but at least Nielsen didn't show himself up so that's a +1?

***and I think you may be in for a small bit of ribbing about this points system tomorrow...err...later.

I'm guessing the weather is a -1 but at least Nielsen didn't show himself up so that's a +1?

***and I think you may be in for a small bit of ribbing about this points system tomorrow...err...later.

Nielsen, as you suggest, had his best game to date and I'm delighted to praise his refreshing lack of error on such a wet evening. He certainly had chance to soak up some water, if not pressure. As a game it was pour but Nielsen didn't drop a thing.

There was no doubt too that Fryatt matched the performance of striker rivals, Hammond, McKay and Ashley Chambers by staying under cover and Leicester, of course, completed their fourth friendly date without being beaten, which is surely good for morale if we're still in the market for clutching at straws.

I was able to visit Mansfield for the first time in my life and to view the impressive offices of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers, somehow a reassuring reminder that there might yet be hope if Russia one day cuts our power lines.

I was not so happy about the apparent indecision over whether or not to call the game off which meant fans travelling in quite dangerous conditions when they didn't need to, and that despite communication with Leicester City's supporter liaison department right up to the last minute before setting off.

That said it was great fun whooshing through the floods and roadside puddles.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...172007350952531

Although I didn't see the pitch I'd concede it was a wise decision judging by the floods on the roads approaching Mansfield.

But there was no excuse for not putting the game off earlier.

It was obvious all day that heavy rain would be falling all evening and through the night.

We went upto the gates when we got to the ground to look at the pitch.

There wasn't any surface water on the pitch, i'm guessing it would have cut up pretty quickly though. The bottoms of the stands were flooded though where the fans walk, I say flooded, it was about 2 or 3 inches deep.

We went upto the gates when we got to the ground to look at the pitch.

There wasn't any surface water on the pitch, i'm guessing it would have cut up pretty quickly though. The bottoms of the stands were flooded though where the fans walk, I say flooded, it was about 2 or 3 inches deep.

Not worth destroying the pitch and risking injury for a pre season game though.

Not worth destroying the pitch and risking injury for a pre season game though.

Spoken like a health/safety/insurance official. I'm amazed we still send kids to war. Maybe we wouldn't if we paid them thousands a week and had to insure em pro-rata.

Perhaps those in Iraq should get an independent assessor in to check that the desert's not a health hazard before they start their patrols. Check for impections in the surface, like landmines for a start. :whistle:

Spoken like a health/safety/insurance official. I'm amazed we still send kids to war. Maybe we wouldn't if we paid them thousands a week and had to insure em pro-rata.

Perhaps those in Iraq should get an independent assessor in to check that the desert's not a health hazard before they start their patrols. Check for impections in the surface, like landmines for a start. :whistle:

Spoken like a referee more like, when I took my course it was one of the things they were keen to get across.

Oh for fu ck's sake.

Does this baseless, thoughtless sensationalism know no bounds?

Archived