Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Grayson's already revving up

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson is looking ahead to a dream start to the new season - on the opening day of the campaign he takes his newly promoted Championship team to Leicester City, the club where he enjoyed the best days of his playing career.

"It's surreal," says the former defender who also turned out for Aston Villa and Blackburn. "It's just like the situation I had when I left Leicester to join Villa - my fist game at the start of the following season was back at Leicester.

"To have it happen again like this again is unbelievable, but it's absolutely tremendous as far as I'm concerned. I spent almost six years at Leicester and I'd say they were the happiest days of my playing career.

"I've still got lots of friends at the club and in the town so it's going to be a very special day for me personally, but more important is the fact that I'll be going there in charge of a Blackpool team having their first game at this level for 29 years."

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson is looking ahead to a dream start to the new season - on the opening day of the campaign he takes his newly promoted Championship team to Leicester City, the club where he enjoyed the best days of his playing career.

"It's surreal," says the former defender who also turned out for Aston Villa and Blackburn. "It's just like the situation I had when I left Leicester to join Villa - my fist game at the start of the following season was back at Leicester.

"To have it happen again like this again is unbelievable, but it's absolutely tremendous as far as I'm concerned. I spent almost six years at Leicester and I'd say they were the happiest days of my playing career.

"I've still got lots of friends at the club and in the town so it's going to be a very special day for me personally, but more important is the fact that I'll be going there in charge of a Blackpool team having their first game at this level for 29 years."

He's talking about me, there!!!

He's talking about me, there!!!

They haven't really strenghtened their squad and we've seen loads of teams looks great in League 2 only to come and up and get a shoe-in, albeit one or two that become the surprise package. I think our quality should see us through.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Keigan Parker, Wes Hoolahan and Keith Southern have the ability to be more than good enough at this level. Especially Hoolahan who's potentially a top quality star in the making. I think it will be a tough first game, one Allen won't allow our players to think it's an easy opener.

Bring it on.

I think they`ll be a handful. They`ll be organized and I don't think they have made that many changes from last season. Colchester did something similar the season before and relied on a settled but organized side and competed well in this division.

I'm hoping we get the luck and can settle quickly to win the game because a good start will keep the buzz going and a few defeats early doors would deflate most. I'm on the optimistic bus though :| so I reckon we`ll take the 3 points.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Keigan Parker, Wes Hoolahan and Keith Southern have the ability to be more than good enough at this level. Especially Hoolahan who's potentially a top quality star in the making. I think it will be a tough first game, one Allen won't allow our players to think it's an easy opener.

Bring it on.

Hoolahan may miss our game...

Blackpool agreed terms with him and his club about him joining them after a season loan, if promoted/goals/assists etc etc (i think!)

But hoolahan's club want more than they originaly agreed...

"They're claming Blackpool made late payments whilst on loan so the contract fee is not valid"

The matter has gone to Fifa.

Hope it takes a minumum of 3 weeks :whistle:

The former Cov striker Andy Morrell plays for them, local lad ( Mkt Bosworth ), nice guy. :)

He's a lifelong city fan, sure that if he plays he'll be keen to score against us.

Hope we win, but would be nice to see him do well for the rest of the season. :thumbup:

Archived