Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

If Bournemouth already think he's good enough to face Forest I can't believe he wasn't good enough for our bench one division higher.

Especially when we only have such modest threat on the right wing.

He's only there for a month, this is a good way of finding out if he's up to the task or not without sticking him on our right wing.

If Newton kicks on and we got a few more second half against Birmingham like performances our of him ill be happy with him anyway.

He doesn't swop to the left much if at all.

Sadly I don't think his return is wholly based on "if he impresses".

As a goal-threatening he's impressed in the huge majority of his games for at least two years.

But I feel certain several players have signed for us on the basis of "guaranteed regular football".

And it seems convenient to me that some of the close competition is being farmed out on loan.

Logan's departure looks like a loan of diplomacy, Gradel's the same and they won't be the only ones.

Do you really see MA is like that? I always looked at him as the opposite to be honest. I think that he may have told certain individuals that they may start the season but he will have no fear in dropping them if they fail to impress. I cant see him doing a Rob Kelly and making weak decisions, especially as he is fully aware that MM wants promotion and at least a top 6 finish. He must realize that any weak managerial decisions will cost him his job so I cant see him managing with the worry of upsetting players.

As for Logan, well he bought a keeper so must back his judgment and Hendo is a very able no2. Its only natural with Rab still on the books to loan the youngster out as he wasn't outstanding last season, just a solid goalkeeper who needs a real run in a side to learn his angles and how to organize a defence. He`ll do that at Stockport and make mistakes along the way but it may be too much of a risk to let such a young lad learn the game in such an important position on the pitch, ie a Goalkeeper!

Thracian's just taking his youth tubthumping to extremes. Allen has already demonstrated that if he's impressed with a certain player then he will pick him (Odhiambo going to Scotland, Kenton in the 16 tomorrow and de Vries in the whole of pre-season) no matter what his status within the squad - youth player or transfer-listed. Gradel's obviously done well enough for Allen to recommend him to Bournemouth and I think it's a perfect move for him. We'll be watching his games there and if he does well then he will be back here and competing for a first-team place. I am just praying he gets on against Forest and bangs in a scorcher from outside the box.

The what can Gradel against Forest sweepstake:

I am just praying he gets on against Forest and bangs in a scorcher from outside the box.-Fez

I hope he bangs it right in Lennon's scrotum ending his Nottingham career before it starts.-MBK

Oh ignore him. He won't be happy til our team is;

Logan, Sheehan, Beswick, Mattock, Rowe-Turner, Gradel, Porter, King, Odhiambo, McKay, Dodds.

Nah King isn't the player he was last season and McKay is a more intelligent than Dodds anyways. Hammond is more incisive than Odhiambo but Porter is more complete than Stankovic as an attacking force. :whistle: :whistle:

Can't Kaebi play right wing anyway.

Yeah he will do and the YouTube footage suggests he is Thracian's ideal player but he is the enemy because we've bought him (from abroad, shock horror!) and we haven't seen him play for us yet - although it's obviously okay to write off a manager after one game whose team you haven't seen play yet.

Yeah he will do and the YouTube footage suggests he is Thracian's ideal player but he is the enemy because we've bought him (from abroad, shock horror!) and we haven't seen him play for us yet - although it's obviously okay to write off a manager after one game whose team you haven't seen play yet.

Uhhhhh Fez has his Friday Thracian bashing boots on.

I just wish for once he could see the merit in sending a young player with a temperamental manner out on loan for a month to see if he can cope with league football. They should have done this with Dodds years ago.

I'd like to know why we haven't sent Kaebi or Newton out on loan, that way we would be getting rid of -2 potential goalscorers and adding +1 to our squad and possible to our 16 giving us 7.25 potential goalscorers in the starting XI 8.65 in the squad, resulting in +1 for Alans score (+17.5) and a bronze start for the catering staff at the walkers and lolipop for Andy King.

I'd like to know why we haven't sent Kaebi or Newton out on loan, that way we would be getting rid of -2 potential goalscorers and adding +1 to our squad and possible to our 16 giving us 7.25 potential goalscorers in the starting XI 8.65 in the squad, resulting in +1 for Alans score (+17.5) and a bronze start for the catering staff at the walkers and lolipop for Andy King.

0.01% of me hopes he plays 4-3-1-2 all season with Sheehan at left-back and Porter in the hole and we get relegated.

You'd make a good politician for sure. All spin and no substance.

Ka'ebi isn't "the enemy" to me. If he's as good as the YouTube video makes out I cannot wait to see the guy. He is, as you say, exactly my kind of player and I've no idea where you should get the notion I might not like him or, indeed, any foreign player who can be called genuinely good.

Kishishev and N'Gotty are foreign and I've praised them enough. Gradel is foreign. So where is there even a single grain of substance for your argument?

Whether Ka'ebi's as good as Youtube's impression I don't know - he doesn't seem to have distinguished himself in the Asia Cup - but I'm all optimism right now.

Newton though is quite another matter. He's played quite a lot of games already and I fail to see that he has enough influence for what we want.

Consequently if I had the choice between Newton/Gradel on the bench I think Gradel would be much more dangerous.

Ka'ebi isn't "the enemy" to me. If he's as good as the YouTube video makes out I cannot wait to see the guy. He is, as you say, exactly my kind of player and I've no idea where you should get the notion I might not like him or, indeed, any foreign player who can be called genuinely good.

Kishishev and N'Gotty are foreign and I've praised them enough. Gradel is foreign. So where is there even a single grain of substance for your argument?

Whether Ka'ebe's as good as Youtube's impression I don't know - he doesn't seem to have distinguished himself in the Asia Cup - but I'm all optimism right now.

Newton though is quite another matter. He's played quite a lot of games already and I fail to see that he has enough influence for what we want.

Consequently if I had the choice between Newton/Gradel on the bench I think Gradel would be much more dangerous.

Well we'll see wont we. From what I've seen I don't think Martin Allens going to be scared to pick his strongest players and he doesn't seem the type to promise football to anyone. He's only gone for a month, if he pulls up trees he'll be back I'm sure.

A month to impress perhaps and then it will be extended or he is just covering for a injury.

I would of thought that the OS would of mentioned if there was a chance to extend.

As you say, could just be cover for an injury.

Archived