Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

Ridiculous to me. Logan should be in the first team. And unless we sign yet another goalkeeper I believe we'll soon see the reasons why.

Hope I'm wrong of course, but if Nielsen's to be our number one I'll be amazed if we get in the top six.

As for Gradel he's the sort who will always be considered but never selected in these days of fear-filled football.

His type were lost with the dinosaurs, more's the pity. Both for football and for our club.

He should go somewhere that truly believes in attacking football. Somewhere they have a Kevin Keegan type for manager.

Interesting if he goes to Lincoln though. They'd probably play him at left-back. :D :D

MA -1 for sending our best goalkeeper on loan with no obvious replacement. (+14 total).

Hopefully Gradel will get some decent experience if a team comes in for him, a League 1 side would be ideal as Fez said.

From watching him during pre-season I'm surprised he's not been kept around as back up for the right hand side, because I thought he was very impressive. But first team experience is important for kids at that age.

As for Logan, if he goes this will leave us with two goalkeepers and Rab. :unsure:

I think this won't harm either of them, but i'm surprised about Logan. Neilson has been far from impressive in pre-season according to our fans and Henderson seemed to be out of the equation before Saturday where he let in 3.

Logan is far from the finished article, but he impressed me last season, putting aside the occasional error he made.

If he does go on loan, I hope he has an instant recall option on him. Or that we sig a new goalie, because neither Hendo or Neilson seem good enough for where we want to be.

As for Gradel, he's not made a first team appearance yet, so this is going to be a great opportunity for him if a club comes in. He'll find it hard to break through here, without some league experience behind him first. Shame really, as I think he's good enough as a squad player but Kaebi and Newton will be first choice on the right wing.

Leicester City have today confirmed that both Conrad Logan and Max Gradel have been made available for loan.

Logan made 18 Championship appearances between the sticks for the Foxes last season, while midfielder Gradel was part of the under 18s squad that won the FA Premier League Academy title.

The duo are both expected to be part of the City squad to take on Cambridge United at the Abbey Stadium on Monday evening.

Very good for both especially Logan who lacks the experience necessary to be a good goalie for Leicester. This must mean a new keep is coming in?

why would it we still have 3 other senior keepers in the squad, so from that point no replacement is needed, weather they are good enough is another matter

I think we've got a big squad now so this is probably a good decision. Logan was a good keeper but never showed he had a devine right to be our No.1. His constant long kicking to the other side's keeper did my head in! Hopefully Nielsen will get rid of the shakes and start looking a much better buy! I'm not looking for a miracle worker in goal, i just want someone reliable and solid for once! Is that too much to ask!! Henderson is ok too, don't see much difference in him and Logan as backup, one can't kick, one kicks too far!

why would it we still have 3 other senior keepers in the squad, so from that point no replacement is needed, weather they are good enough is another matter

If you consider those three to be sufficient for our target position, fine. But I'd rather we made the sacrifice to release Douglas and brought in someone like Doyle of Birmingham whose reputation will surely improve as of next season.

I think this won't harm either of them, but i'm surprised about Logan. Neilson has been far from impressive in pre-season according to our fans and Henderson seemed to be out of the equation before Saturday where he let in 3.

Logan is far from the finished article, but he impressed me last season, putting aside the occasional error he made.

If he does go on loan, I hope he has an instant recall option on him. Or that we sig a new goalie, because neither Hendo or Neilson seem good enough for where we want to be.

As for Gradel, he's not made a first team appearance yet, so this is going to be a great opportunity for him if a club comes in. He'll find it hard to break through here, without some league experience behind him first. Shame really, as I think he's good enough as a squad player but Kaebi and Newton will be first choice on the right wing.

The goals weren't hendersons fault, poor defending, I think he came on loads last year and was unfairly dropped at the end of the season.

Logan is not good enough, yet.

Can't coment on neilson until i see a full game, but deserves the benefit of the doubt. Dave james flapped at a cross on saturday but you'd still have him (ok he made 3 awesome saves too)

the 3rd went under him, henderson is decent back up but too shit to be 1st choice, he is living off the villa game in many of your minds, for every brilliant save there are 2 or 3 fook ups which cost us a goal

:rolleyes: yeah cus doyle will give up a 1st team place at brum for here.

the only decent keepers availible this summer have moved already

Oh oh didn't realise he was first choice. Thought he was an emergency plug-in and that they signed someone new.

the 3rd went under him, henderson is decent back up but too shit to be 1st choice, he is living off the villa game in many of your minds, for every brilliant save there are 2 or 3 fook ups which cost us a goal

Thanks for telling me what i think!!!

Good stuff. Was worried Logan would be near our first team this season, suits us both to get him out on loan; he gets a few games gets off our wage bill for a bit, and some scouts might fancy him for the lower leagues.

Gradel gets some first team football rather than playing against boys in youth football so we can gauge if he's good enough for us or not.

What's the problem?

Good stuff. Was worried Logan would be near our first team this season, suits us both to get him out on loan; he gets a few games gets off our wage bill for a bit, and some scouts might fancy him for the lower leagues.

Gradel gets some first team football rather than playing against boys in youth football so we can gauge if he's good enough for us or not.

What's the problem?

You might find out on Saturday. :whistle:

Logan is fat, and not good enough for this level of football, which will be proven by the journeyman career through the lower divisions he will now experience - see Tommy Wright, Jon Stevnson, Jon Ashton, Steff Oakes et al. The same path Dodds is destined to endure aswell.

You can't have seriously expected Gradel to get a nod for the first team straight away this season, so can't see why you'd be against him getting some first team games somewhere else? Better than our reserves I'd have thought?

Do you really think Logan is that good?

Spose it would be dull if we all agreed.

He played for the Academy therefore Thracian thinks he's God's Gift.

I can't wait to see the look on Thracian's face when I inform him where some of his favourite LCFC players of all time played their academy football because it wasn't here and by his logic, they are therefore sh it!

Archived