Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

Ooo err.

This has become a three way argument.

Logan vs Henderson vs Number 1

Logan stands no chance now, surely some sort of alliance has been formed.

That suggests to me you did

That wasn't questioning your stats at all pal. It was because you had added your own stats, which is different to Logan vs Hendo. :thumbup:

But this is all irrelevant, because Rab is better than all of them.

Rab in !

:ph34r:

i asked who he played for which he still hasn't answered as he mentioned he conceeded the least goals in all 5 leagues

I didnt see it as i was posting a reply to someone elses response. I play for Sileby. Give me a second to go on my Dads computer to get the website with the league table.

lol I dont think he was.

heres the post mablo

He had so long to see the shot coming, they were from far, far out, and he just didnt react. A lot of keepers wouldve saved them. ( not all of the goals ) infact most keepers wouldve saved some of them. Infact i couldev saved one of them, and i'm and average 15 year old keeper :blink:

Well I hope he worked that out using ratios again.

I played one game last year in goal, conceded 2, and broke my leg.

So, I conceded two goals all last season.

Beat that :ph34r:

:P

lol well i conceded 21... And it worked out at 1 point something i think. And i played every game

haha so he did, Im intrigued, which one of those wonder strikes would you of saved number 1?

Not the second one, most keepers wouldve saved it, but not me! I think i mightve saved the last one as my left side is my stronger side, and i am not a fatty like Logan and although im in the U16 league i'm 6 ft. :thumbup:

Not the second one, most keepers wouldve saved it, but not me! I think i mightve saved the last one.

if the guy i sit next to wasn't taller i might of caught a wild shot in a game last year, it means nothing, trust me the pace on them shots you wouldn't of had a chance

You're making a rod for your own back here, number 1.

You are heading for a season of "number 1 would have saved that" every time someone scores a 30-yard volley into the top corner.

It's Jamesino, his dad and his pies all over again.

Bail out now, change your username and never mention goalkeeping again.

You're making a rod for your own back here, number 1.

You are heading for a season of "number 1 would have saved that" every time someone scores a 30-yard volley into the top corner.

It's Jamesino, his dad and his pies all over again.

Bail out now, change your username and never mention goalkeeping again.

I'm not saying i'm a great keeper, a great keeper would save the second one, i said i wouldnt save that. the last one isnt even a hard shot to save!!! Its a simple 3 step, save! Infact i did a similar save twice last year, once against royce rangers and once against friar lane.

I'm not saying i'm a great keeper, its not even a hard shot to save!!! Its a simple 3 step, save!

you really seem to be underestimating the difference in the pace of shot from internationals like brunt to spotty 15 year olds you play against

you really seem to be underestimating the difference in the pace of shot from internationals like brunt to spotty 15 year olds you play against

I play against men too... 3 mens teams want me. Sileby reserves, Huncote reserves, and Anstey. I know these aren't internationals but at the end of the day, its a ball in the top corner from 20 yards, i don't care whos shooting, its just a bit more pace.

not to mention the added movement the put on the shot, your boasting really blunts any argument you may make, playing for Sileby reserves may be a step up from what you are currently at but its an eternity away from league football, let alone the second tier of the English game

I play against men too... 3 mens teams want me. Sileby reserves, Huncote reserves, and Anstey. I know these aren't internationals but at the end of the day, its a ball in the top corner from 20 yards, i don't care whos shooting, its just a bit more pace.

A bit more pace...

Which gives you less time to react... and meaning your footwork needs to be better eh? :thumbup:

not to mention the added movement the put on the shot, your boasting really blunts any argument you may make, playing for Sileby reserves may be a step up from what you are currently at but its an eternity away from league football, let alone the second tier of the English game
Yes i know. It is bloody yonks away. But you can still get curl on. Once last season when we played Royce ( the eventual winners of the league ) one of their big lads popped up with a volley from 25 yards, it was rising and curling away from the second it left his boot, I saved it, It wasn't that hard because i put footwork into it ( which is my point here ) and i am convinced, from my memory of that shot, and the video of blunts shot, that they are very similar, both were hit at power ( yes i agree, blunts more than likely more power, but then again that shot had an easier angle for the keeper than the angle i had, and both shots were curling away. Its not really a hard save to make, and Logan shouldve saved it.
A bit more pace...Which gives you less time to react... and meaning your footwork needs to be better eh? :thumbup:
Exactly :worship:

anyway back on topic.

Is logan good enough to be 1st choice atm? No but at 21 he has a long time to improve and we saw the improvment after the boston loans so this can only be good for him.

Is Hendo good enough? he showed last season he is capeable of being a decent no 2 but over a season he is just too unreliable and at 31 will not improve.

Don't know about Nielsen and i think it was sheer stupidity we didn't go after Alexander, Price, Wright, Camp, Weaver or even Grant all of whom would of been availible for free or fairly cheaply

anyway back on topic.

Is logan good enough to be 1st choice atm? No but at 21 he has a long time to improve and we saw the improvment after the boston loans so this can only be good for him.

Is Hendo good enough? he showed last season he is capeable of being a decent no 2 but over a season he is just too unreliable and at 31 will not improve.

Don't know about Nielsen and i think it was sheer stupidity we didn't go after Alexander, Price, Wright, Camp, Weaver or even Grant all of whom would of been availible for free or fairly cheaply

I think Logan can only be one for the future. I think he should and could do a de vries, go out on loan and loose a lot of weight, then he might have a bit more agility, and possibly better footwork if he puts a lot of work into it.

Hendo isn't good enough really, any of the examples you gave would be better keepers but he might have to be good enough because Logan isn't ready and i haven't seen nielsen but everyone reckons he's a bit of a comedy keeper.

We need a new keeper, if thats not possible, henderson will have to do i think.

Im still hopeful that with a much better defence and a solid central midfield in Clem and Kish this season, the burden on our average keeper whoever he is will be far less so they wont be need as often lol

Im still hopeful that with a much better defence and a solid central midfield in Clem and Kish this season, the burden on our average keeper whoever he is will be far less so they wont be need as often lol

Thats actually a good point! lol If hendo is only called upon a few times a game we might catch his good side! Their players may be forced to shoot from distance with our solid defence, which is when i think henderson is at his strongest. We might just get away with this. Ok, i'm running away from the truth a bit :whistle:

If Gradel can get a loan spell at a League One club it'll be brilliant for him. It's just the kind of stage he needs to show that he's good enough to play first team football, or not as the case may be.

Do you share my concern that he might not have the same protective atmosphere there? He's a volatile character. When you're a youngster out on loan you've got to toe the line and be obedient. I really hope it's the making of him but I'm a bit worried about his temperament.

Do you share my concern that he might not have the same protective atmosphere there? He's a volatile character. When you're a youngster out on loan you've got to toe the line and be obedient. I really hope it's the making of him but I'm a bit worried about his temperament.

I agree with that. About a season ago he was playing in a reserve game at Belvoir Drive and a few first teamers were there watching. When he had one of his mini tantrums they all laughed. He's well known for them and he might get away with it because he's a youngster but a League One club won't put up with any individuals who think they're better than their team mates. He'll have to learn that while he may have talent you have to be willing to fit into the team ethic and style of play at senior level. Only the supremely talented players can get away with doing things their own way and if he was one of those he wouldn't be at Leicester City still or ever have been here in the first place.

Looks like Gradel will be going to Bournemouth.

First match of the season... Forest away.

:D

Go on Maxi.

Bournemouth is a good club for him to go to, I think a lot of the good players that came through at West Ham went on loan there. Ferdinand, Defoe etc.

Archived