Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

I agree with that. About a season ago he was playing in a reserve game at Belvoir Drive and a few first teamers were there watching. When he had one of his mini tantrums they all laughed. He's well known for them and he might get away with it because he's a youngster but a League One club won't put up with any individuals who think they're better than their team mates. He'll have to learn that while he may have talent you have to be willing to fit into the team ethic and style of play at senior level. Only the supremely talented players can get away with doing things their own way and if he was one of those he wouldn't be at Leicester City still or ever have been here in the first place.

By Leicester City standards, and as an out and out right winger, he's the only ray of light I've seen. But I harbour few hopes that he'll make it here.

I might have overlooked something but the only serious praise of footballers I've heard from MA concerns those who battle and have attitude. People in his own image really. And if that's how he likes em and he's successful who can complain?.

But Gradel's never going to be your hard case hunter-killer type. He's the sort we'd have given a minder in the old days - a thug who'd take out any full-back who touched him.

I play against men too... 3 mens teams want me. Sileby reserves, Huncote reserves, and Anstey. I know these aren't internationals but at the end of the day, its a ball in the top corner from 20 yards, i don't care whos shooting, its just a bit more pace.

well done sileby want u u must be good why not ask milan for a trial if ur top cat

Can't see why Leicester wouldn't let him go. In my view he's the best we've got but if the club honestly think he's not better than Nielsen and Henderson I can't see why they'd be desperately keen to hold on to him.

Logan has raw edges. His distribution for a start. But Henderson's no different and NIelsen could have the best distribution in the world for me. It wouldn't compensate for shortcomings that have been apparent so far.

Leicester City winger Max Gradel today joined AFC Bournemouth on loan.

The 19-year-old, who was a part of the Foxes U18 side that won the FA Premier Academy League title last season, has joined the Cherries for an initial one-month period.

Gradel, who was born on the Ivory Coast, has been prolific for both the Academy and Reserve sides since he joined the club two years ago.

The youngster will be hoping to make his league debut when his new club take on Nottingham Forest at the County Ground on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Conrad Logan is on the verge of joining Stockport County on a season-long loan deal.

The goalkeeper, who made 18 league appearances for the Foxes last term, will make the move to the League One side once the relevant paperwork has been completed.

I'm sure many Championship teams would be happy with Newton and Kaebi. :unsure:

now now you know thrac cant handle a rational argument when it hinders the progress of his latest over-hyped youngster ... :whistle:

Bournemouth have a fantastic reputation for bringing on good young players, many on loan. Jermaine Defoe and Rio Ferdinand were huge successes during their time there - there have been many others. Jamie Redknapp and Matt Holland launched their league careers there and it's no coincidence they have Darren Anderton in their midfield these days.

Unlike a lot of lower league clubs, they have always played passing football. Harry Redknapp, Mel Machin and Sean O'Driscoll teams always tried to play that way at Dean Court and Kevin Bond will be no exception.

This is a great move for Max Gradel. :)

Have you seen Ka'ebi play? Is he a right back or a right winger?

Newton's okay, nothing more.

But according to our current manager is a better option than gradel currently.

Some things we have to live with.

Brilliant news for Gradel. I have high hopes for him, think he's got the talent to be a very good player if he can iron out his weaknesses and temperament. There's no reason why he won't tear it up at Bournemouth and be back here in a few months to get busy with it.

But according to our current manager is a better option than gradel currently.

Some things we have to live with.

He looked good in spells last season did Newton but he has now had a pre-season and should be better for it this time around. Its good that Gradel has only gone on loan for a short spell because if he impresses, we can have the lad back quick sharp, especially if we are struggling on the right side of midfield.

BTW, to those who have seen him play, can he not play wide-left?

He looked good in spells last season did Newton but he has now had a pre-season and should be better for it this time around. Its good that Gradel has only gone on loan for a short spell because if he impresses, we can have the lad back quick sharp, especially if we are struggling on the right side of midfield.

BTW, to those who have seen him play, can he not play wide-left?

He doesn't swop to the left much if at all.

Sadly I don't think his return is wholly based on "if he impresses".

As a goal-threatening he's impressed in the huge majority of his games for at least two years.

But I feel certain several players have signed for us on the basis of "guaranteed regular football".

And it seems convenient to me that some of the close competition is being farmed out on loan.

Logan's departure looks like a loan of diplomacy, Gradel's the same and they won't be the only ones.

Archived