Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Logan and Gradel available

Pre-season goalkeeping is very hard. I should know that. Your never at your sharpest in pre-season as a keeper. I let in the least goals in all 5 leagues last year. Now i'm back in training again and the stories a bit different! I'm about 10x slower to react than i was in full swing last year.All year round actually :thumbup:

Ooo err.

This has become a three way argument.

Logan vs Henderson vs Number 1

Logan stands no chance now, surely some sort of alliance has been formed.

Something you're not proving to be to clever about either.

I'm sure kicking has something to do with footwork as well.

Footwork is your movement before making a save, and your movement towards players etc. etc. Kicking is a whole new aspect of goalkeeping :blink:

Footwork is your movement before making a save, and your movement towards players etc. etc. Kicking is a whole new aspect of goalkeeping :blink:

But it still contains aspects of footwork.

If you're not in a position to kick the ball, there is something wrong with your footwork.

You can easily become flat footed and not be prepared to receive a pass.

Ooo err.

I'm just saying the way it is. :blink:

Why would i lie about something like that?

You only take people serious who have a lot of posts, which i find pathetic.

But it still contains aspects of footwork.

If you're not in a position to kick the ball, there is something wrong with your footwork.

You can easily become flat footed and not be prepared to receive a pass.

Thats not really something you work on. Your just told to be on your toes at all times, always ready, and to expect everything. Footwork is different.

Thats not really something you work on. Your just told to be on your toes at all times, always ready, and to expect everything. Footwork is different.

I can understand that, but to improve your kicking, your footwork has to be improved as well as it is an aspect of kicking, no?

You are entitled to your opinion. Just don't expect other to agree with you. :thumbup:

I don't, but he's questioning me about my goalkeeping statistics last year, he reckons i'm making them up. If someone with 23984293834243 posts wouldve said that, he wouldve bum raped them :unsure:

I can understand that, but to improve your kicking, your footwork has to be improved as well as it is an aspect of kicking, no?

obviously yes, dont get your feet in the right place you're not going to kick properly

I don't, but he's questioning me about my goalkeeping statistics last year, he reckons i'm making them up. If someone with 23984293834243 posts wouldve said that, he wouldve bum raped them :unsure:

no if you get the facts to back up your arguement it would help, by your own admission you cant remember any fook ups by logan bar the shef weds game, it has nothing to do with your post count its about your argument and the way your are structuring it and also giving it the big un about coaching sessions

Probabley, but then he'd probabley know them better, so he'd know they aren't lieing.

I believe you, you probabley are a goal keeper, you'd be pretty stupid to call youself no.1 if you weren't.

None of this changes the fact that Paul Henderson is garbage though.

Kind of. I suppose being on your toes is in with your footwork, and when you say kicking, i take it you mean just from pass backs? Its not really worked on for your footwork preparing for a pass back but like ive said, aslong as your on your toes, not flat footed, you should be alright. In that respect i suppose it is to do with footwork.

Did we not get Hendo from Bradford on a free? No offence to the lad but he is no spring chicken and has never been a class act. He has done OK for us though but is and never will be a world beater. He is far from the best keeper in the division but has produced some very good displays, maybe beyond his ability at times but like most keepers then makes some dodgy decisions or lets one in that he should have got to, usually to his left lol

Logan on the other hand can be forgiven for being inexperienced and young so you can see he has plenty of flaws that need ironing out but that could well happen. I mention that Wolves keeper Hennesey quite a bit when talking about loaning out young keepers because he went from nowhere to the Stockport first team, broke some record of about 9 clean sheets on the bounce and then ending up the season as Wolves play-off keeper and a full Wales International! My point is, I wouldnt want to risk Logan learning from errors with us and would much rather he learned on loan

The fact that we are talking about this pair is worrying because it tells me that quite a few people who have seen pre-season games are worried about Nielsen. Before we all get olycers, lets hope Jimmy comes good but if he doesn't, Hendo isnt a bad replacement to call on. If all goes further tats up Im sure we will have further options made available come the January transfer window. We have what we have for now and it ain't great but it isn't that bad either!

Not once did I question your stats from last year. :|

Did we not get Hendo from Bradford on a free? No offence to the lad but he is no spring chicken and has never been a class act. He has done OK for us though but is and never will be a world beater. He is far from the best keeper in the division but has produced some very good displays, maybe beyond his ability at times but like most keepers then makes some dodgy decisions or lets one in that he should have got to, usually to his left lol

Logan on the other hand can be forgiven for being inexperienced and young so you can see he has plenty of flaws that need ironing out but that could well happen. I mention that Wolves keeper Hennesey quite a bit when talking about loaning out young keepers because he went from nowhere to the Stockport first team, broke some record of about 9 clean sheets on the bounce and then ending up the season as Wolves play-off keeper and a full Wales International! My point is, I wouldnt want to risk Logan learning from errors with us and would much rather he learned on loan

The fact that we are talking about this pair is worrying because it tells me that quite a few people who have seen pre-season games are worried about Nielsen. Before we all get olycers, lets hope Jimmy comes good but if he doesn't, Hendo isnt a bad replacement to call on. If all goes further tats up Im sure we will have further options made available come the January transfer window. We have what we have for now and it ain't great but it isn't that bad either!

hendo was bradford no 2 but yes we got him on a free, as for nielsen i think its more none of us have seen enough of him to make an informed judgement

Probabley, but then he'd probabley know them better, so he'd know they aren't lieing.

I believe you, you probabley are a goal keeper, you'd be pretty stupid to call youself no.1 if you weren't.

None of this changes the fact that Paul Henderson is garbage though.

That would be the definition of stupid lol

Neither hendo or Logan are good keepers, but i think henderson is a lot better than Logan.

Not once did I question your stats from last year. :|

Ooo err.

That suggests to me you did

i asked who he played for which he still hasn't answered as he mentioned he conceeded the least goals in all 5 leagues

Well I hope he worked that out using ratios again.

I played one game last year in goal, conceded 2, and broke my leg.

So, I conceded two goals all last season.

Beat that :ph34r:

:P

Archived