Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Matty's goal decisive

You seem to totally miss my point. And I see no point in arguing it further if you intend to remain so blinkered.

I've said I'd retain the guy, I've given him the second best mark of the night, I've said he made a vital contribution ....

In the end time will tell.

I'm not blinkered but I am a bit fed up of the way that you continue to try and make out as if you like the lad or rate him as a player but then sprinkle your camouflaged nonsense with what you actually think! Saying that he should have scored 4 or 5 goals within this thread and saying "he will do" is typical of the nonsense. You are almost scared to just say what you feel which is you hope he fails or gets punted out. I am open enough to say that MDV and Elvis in particular wouldnt be in my first team squad but I`ll still support them if they stay but I am quite categoric that I wouldnt want them about if possible. That can be said for Hughes and Douglas. Just say, once and for all your true feelings on the lad lol

Oh, BTW, Robert Rosario and all the way lol

I'm not blinkered but I am a bit fed up of the way that you continue to try and make out as if you like the lad or rate him as a player but then sprinkle your camouflaged nonsense with what you actually think! Saying that he should have scored 4 or 5 goals within this thread and saying "he will do" is typical of the nonsense. You are almost scared to just say what you feel which is you hope he fails or gets punted out. I am open enough to say that MDV and Elvis in particular wouldnt be in my first team squad but I`ll still support them if they stay but I am quite categoric that I wouldnt want them about if possible. That can be said for Hughes and Douglas. Just say, once and for all your true feelings on the lad lol

Perhaps Thracian was being over generous.

From another Forum

Don't be fooled, Fryatt was crap tonight and just looked like he couldn't be arsed. From the away end you could clearly hear Allen shouting at him to move more.

Had a few chances that he should easily have put away (when they were put on a plate for him) but fannied about on the ball for too long.

I would imagine he'll be well down the striking pecking order.

Ignoring your way off beam theorising I've ACTUALLY said today that "on balance" I would retain Fryatt. This doesn't mean some of my previous concerns have disappeared just that I think he now looks fit enough and motivated enough to at least be the real Fryatt.

I said he should have scored four or five last night because that's the truth - as anyone who went might tell you. I would have said the same had anyone else missed those chances.

It is complete and utter nonsense to say I would want a fit/motivated Fryatt to fail or get punted out. I have never wanted any player to fail in any team at any time. I might think some will fail but wouldn't say Fryatt in his current form would especially qualify to be one of them.

Players form, motivation, and fitness, changes. If they stayed constant management would be much easier. I have said exactly what I feel about Fryatt and have, I hope, had the good grace to modify those opinions as his form and fitness have improved.

The same could be said about all sorts of players. Nielsen is an example. So far he's convinced me of nothing. But if he has a blinder I'd have no problem saying so and being pleased for him. And even if he had a blinder there may be things I'd criticise. But that wouldn't be because, secretly, I wanted him out.

Its only time to worry about a striker if they aren't getting any chances and Fryatt does get plenty of chances. He needs some regular football to get his confidence up. If he gets that the goals will come.

You're right. If fit he does get chances.

Fryatt's a wriggler. His method of dribbling and awkward turning of opponents is hard to combat when he's sharp. Seems to me it's when he loses that sharpness he either fails to beat the man or to get away for that vital moment that allows him to shoot.

I also think his predominately dribbling style makes it harder for him to interlink with team-mates than other strikers who's approach is based more on the timing of runs and give and go passing.

Reason is, with dribblers, their eyes are focused more on the ball than with passers and runners.

One thing seems to have been unanimous among the player assessments, even on other forums like Talking Balls...

Maybury had a nightmare.

One wag even rated him the "worst player in the ground - including the spectators!"

For his own good the sooner the guy gets a new club the better.

Yes he might be on good money at Leicester but it doesn't look like money he needs - but remotivation.

I've heard of a Bridge Too Far but 10 yards was a pass too far on this occasion.

Odhiambo waited so long for two passes that a taxi driver asked if he needed a lift.

I don't think Maybury wasn't trying. He was certainly involved enough. It's just that all the sparkle of two years ago seemed to have dimmed like cinema lights before a film.

I just hope the scouts had stayed away and that better days are around the corner for him.

Sounds like a typical Fryatt performance. He's got a knack of getting at least 3 or 4 chances a game, with a good coach and the right application he should be able to nail 15-20 goals a season, he's got that instinct. It is frustrating when he wastes chances though, it certainly doesn't suggest he's a natural finisher, but he certainly is. It's just getting him back to his best.

I agree with most of that!

I said most because I believe he has the ability to be a natural finisher. I was his biggest critic last season but that doesn't mean I don't think he's talented! He wastes too much energy during games chasing the ball and although admirable he'd do better getting into positions and waiting for the ball to come to him.

Gary Lineker was the best poacher I can remember at City and he scored some fantastic goals watching a few would do him no harm!

Archived