Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Best and worst signing by martin Allen

True, Allen is just a puppet, as are many managers now.

That's not quite what I said - well, it isn't the entire gist anyway.

I feel that Martin has had more of an input later on.

I can't really see Allen being the type to sit back and take being shafted somehow.

That's not quite what I said - well, it isn't the entire gist anyway.

I feel that Martin has had more of an input later on.

I can't really see Allen being the type to sit back and take being shafted somehow.

Cue TBJS and some glorious smut filled retort

Best - Clemence. Need I say a reason? ;)

Worst - Jonathon Hayes. He's too weak, doesn't pass, not fast, no skill, gets barged off the ball too easy and can't cross.

i know quite a few Dons fans and they were more upset at losing Hayes than Mcleod.

havent seen him myself but they all need some time to fit in.

Worst signing? I'm not convinced by Nielsen but it's far too early yet to proclaim he's the worst signing.

Hopefully my choice will quickly make me eat my words but I'd say Carl Cort.

Injury prone footballers don't suddenly become 50 games a season types.

Best signing? several might challenge for that accolade in the end but my choice would be Dee.Jay.

It was all there against Portsmouth apart from the finishing. He's fast, stealthy, dangerous and very difficult to mark.

Best signing? several might challenge for that accolade in the end but my choice would be Dee.Jay.

It was all there against Portsmouth apart from the finishing. He's fast, stealthy, dangerous and very difficult to mark.

Good job he's not a striker then :whistle:

I've seen him play twice. Against Notts County and Quorn. He was rubbish against both.

What a complete and utter bulls*it that is. You haven't seen Hayes twice at all.

He didn't play against quorn. He played against oadby, and was by far the best player that day, as many pointed out in the analysis after the game.

Worst signing? I'm not convinced by Nielsen but it's far too early yet to proclaim he's the worst signing.

You've changed your tune on DJ after that one game :whistle: Although I must say I'm glad. I think he'll definitely do some damage at this level. :thumbup:

I'm not going to say anything about best and worst signings yet, cause its too early to judge.

You've changed your tune on DJ after that one game :whistle: Although I must say I'm glad. I think he'll definitely do some damage at this level. :thumbup:

I'm not going to say anything about best and worst signings yet, cause its too early to judge.

I try to call it as I see it at the time. Mind you I might not be so generous to Campbell if he keeps missing the sort of chances he latched onto against Portsmouth. My "best singing" view is gambling on his settling down and having the skill/confidence to take those chances.

Who the **** does play 50 games a season anymore, it's fully possible this club wont even play 50 games ffs!

What a complete and utter bulls*it that is. You haven't seen Hayes twice at all.

He didn't play against quorn. He played against oadby, and was by far the best player that day, as many pointed out in the analysis after the game.

I'm not going to write anyone off after a friendly match, but if you saw the County match you have to admit he was absolutely shocking.

Lets hope Hayes doesn't, as I fear he will, go the same way as all of our 'wingers' over the past few years... Yeates, Morris, Sylla, Low, Welsh, Glombard, Tiatto, Hammil, Gillespie, Canero, Wilcox, Smith, Hignett, Harper, Brooker.

Archived