Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Best and worst signing by martin Allen

Best - Clemence by a country mile.

Worst - I hate to say it but I think it might have to be the one that everyone is going to say. We suffered from two average goalkeepers last season and it doesn't look as if we've strengthened that department really. I pray he comes good but the reports don't sound too clever.

I do agree we should probably wait for the season to start but I'm bored.

Best - Clemence - Showed all round leadership v pompey, willing to lead the team - exactly what we've been lacking in recent years. Has been there and done it with Birmingham, not a bad price either at £1m

Worst - Tough one, I havn't seen Hayes, Kaebi or Cort yet, and don't feel I can adequately judge them. If Cort stays on the treatment table all contract obviously it will be him but I've yet to be convinced by the reports I've heard about Nielsen.

Call me old fashioned, but it might help if we watch them in a competitive game or two first.....

i agree lol we havent watched alot of them in action. for example, hossain kaebi, sergio hellings, ricky sappleton, jimmy nielsen and jonny hayes.

i will write back after the first few games lol and by the way what is SAPPLETONS first name RICKY OR RENEIL :blink:

Call me old fashioned, but it might help if we watch them in a competitive game or two first.....

i agree lol we havent watched alot of them in action. for example, hossain kaebi, sergio hellings, ricky sappleton, jimmy nielsen and jonny hayes.

i will write back after the first few games lol and by the way what is SAPPLETONS first name RICKY OR RENEIL :blink:

Absolutely horrible thread, no need for this kind of bollocks before the season has started. 'Worst Signing', please. Close this thread and get behind the team.

Shush boy we all have the right to be good and pessimistic for we are Leicester fans!

Best - Reneil 'Ricky' Sappleton / Stephen Clemence / James Chambers

Worst - Carl Cort / Sergio Hellings / Jimmy Neilsen

In that order

Ive seen one pre-season game and have yet to see many of the players so I cant give a real accurate opinion, especially as none of them have yet to play a competitive game for us yet! I`ll guess for teh sake of the thread though primarily on hearsay lol (not the Group)

Best - Kaebi - If he ends up anywhere near as good as the folks from his homeland have been carrying on and he fulfills the potential that has given him over 50 International caps at 21/22 years of age after a debut cap aged 16, then we`ll have a superstar on our hands.

Worst - Again, basically on what I can see, I`ll have to say Carl Cort. I know he passed a medical to sign for us and I realize that this current injury is nothing to do with his major injury problems on his knee but this deal was an accident waiting to happen and its no surprise to me that he has already been struck down by injury. I'm not saying he wont prove to be a hit and come good but at the time of writing, this signing has been a bit of a waste.

Im sure my opinions will change come January where we will by then have had a chance to actually see all the players in action.

At this point in time, I am convinced that Allen has only made one signing - Dudley. He may well have had a hand in the/some others but I have the distinct feeling that the they were presented to him as a fait accompli.

I'd love someone with some inside knowledge to correct me if I'm wrong.

At this point in time, I am convinced that Allen has only made one signing - Dudley. He may well have had a hand in the/some others but I have the distinct feeling that the they were presented to him as a fait accompli.

I'd love someone with some inside knowledge to correct me if I'm wrong.

True, Allen is just a puppet, as are many managers now.

Archived