Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

HANG THE DJ

As a member of Geos optimistic Bus i was even optimistic when i retired to my bed last night.

However upon reading some threads on here,i thing i'll go for a long long walk as my head is aching!!!!

So we are now saying-

DJ is shite,

We all know MdV is crap (as everyone hates him!),

People are fed up of Allen's after match speeches,

no atmosphere at the ground

and the pies were crap!!!????And the sun keeps getting in peoples eyes

(oh we haevne't had any rants about th last two...YET!! :cry::unsure:

As a member of Geos optimistic Bus i was even optimistic when i retired to my bed last night.

However upon reading some threads on here,i thing i'll go for a long long walk as my head is aching!!!!

So we are now saying-

DJ is shite,

We all know MdV is crap (as everyone hates him!),

People are fed up of Allen's after match speeches,

no atmosphere at the ground

and the pies were crap!!!????And the sun keeps getting in peoples eyes

(oh we haevne't had any rants about th last two...YET!! :cry::unsure:

don't forget Hume was man of the match as well...

oh we haevne't had any rants about th last two...YET!! :cry::unsure:

Nope... we have had someone complain that it was the "wrong kind of atmosphere" though... :frusty:

One thing i was being constantly reminded of yesterday, was how miserable some City fans can b, oh how I've missed it during the close season!... :rolleyes:

Oh and on the issue of Campbell... what Ultra's banging on about is utter bollocks! He looked bright and while far from outstanding put on a good display in a team where most players (for the first hour or so at least) seemed content with a more disjointed effort.

I didn't think he did that bad at all.

When Campbell came on Allen played him wide and I did think he struggled to get into the game and into positions that maybe he is used to getting into.

Now is not the time to judge him, but when he has had some consecutive starts, feel free.

Its just ONE game FFS(i think that means for Fcuks sake!!!)

I know us city fans can be a miserbale bunch of bastards,but i think some comments on here have been well out of order :(

If we HAD put in our chances and on 3-1 or 4- (which it could so easily have been!) i bet people would have been tipping us for automaic promotion???

Mind you,knowing us lot,i doubt it!!! :D

Nope... we have had someone complain that it was the "wrong kind of atmosphere" though... :frusty:

Thats because of the Persiid meteor shower which will be hitting our atmosphere later on tonight!!! :unsure:

This Thread is forking Ridiculus!!!

DJ's played 30 mins in the last 2 games and IMO had a decent impact on the game and just cause he hasn't scored in 50-60 odd minutes of football your slating him already, Fook me!

One thing i was being constantly reminded of yesterday, was how miserable some City fans can b, oh how I've missed it during the close season!... :rolleyes:

Oh and on the issue of Campbell... what Ultra's banging on about is utter bollocks! He looked bright and while far from outstanding put on a good display in a team where most players (for the first hour or so at least) seemed content with a more disjointed effort.

We're a special breed us Leicester fans.

It's gone from ridiculous optimism to doom and gloom in the space of one match.

Now 20 competitive minutes is enough to call a player absolute gash even though he actually looked quite lively and was unlucky not to score.

Amid all the flak that's flying after yet ANOTHER home defeat one player seems to have emerged virtually unscathed - ironically the one player whose arrival was supposed to bring more firepower to the team.

I've seen Campbell in a City shirt on three occasions and he's been seriously unconvincing in all of them. Despite having a stack of chances he's still to pop his scoring cherry.

Some apologists may claim he was only denied against Blackpool by quality goalkeeping. But a £1.6 million pound buy in this league shouldn't need to be given the benefit of the doubt. A sharper striker (Fryatt perhaps?) might have given the keeper less chance.

He also needs to work on his attitude. Many on here noted the incident when young Joe Mattock played a seventy yard back pass. What went largely unseen was Campbell, the player in front of him, turning his back on Mattock and making no kind of run into space whatsoever. This behaviour, clearly designed to undermine and belittle a team-mate, would have been barely tolerable at under-10 level. For it to happen in a professional game in front of 27000 paying punters is an absolute disgrace.

There was another instance late in the game where De Vries and Rachubka collided while chasing a high cross. The ball ran loose but Campbell couldn't take advantage because he wasn't even in the box. Quality strikers develop a sense of anticipation, but Campbell has yet to show us he has this.

An article in the national media this week branded Campbell the worst Championship signing of the summer. For his sake, and that of the manager who signed him, that had better not be true.

You really are a prize t**t!!!

Campbell has played bit parts (20 mins stints) in games. Until he starts and gels with Hume then we can see him properly. FFS lets give the boss and the players at least 10 games before we start posting sarcastic titled shite posts with moaning in.

T**T!! :rolleyes:

If he wasn't fully fit, why did fryatt not come on instead then, who is fully fit. however claiming he is not fully fit seems like a lame excuse for me. If he cant work hard for 30 minutes of a match i quite frankly think thats a disgrace, he did some pre season with blues and around 3 weeks with us now. there shouldn't be an excuse for not being fit at this point!

I don't know the full facts but am just looking at the fact that he has yet to start for us either in pre-season or in yesterdays game. I personally would have preferred MA to start him and see how long he lasts before making changes instead of bringing him off the bench. He cant be fully ready yet because he wouldnt pay £1.6m on a striker to warm the bench surely?

You really are a prize t**t!!!

Campbell has played bit parts (20 mins stints) in games. Until he starts and gels with Hume then we can see him properly. FFS lets give the boss and the players at least 10 games before we start posting sarcastic titled shite posts with moaning in.

T**T!! :rolleyes:

We shouldn't need to resort to verbal insults.

Everyone has opinions,some maybe strange.

mind you the comments that started this stupid thread are fcukcing stupid!!!! :D:unsure::thumbup:

We shouldn't need to resort to verbal insults.

Everyone has opinions,some maybe strange.

mind you the comments that started this stupid thread are fcukcing stupid!!!! :D:unsure::thumbup:

Raj, I agree, you absolute tosspot. :dance::bounce::banana::D

He's definatley not going to be the next Elvis Hammond but I don't think he's a natural goal scorer. I think he's the type that will have 3 good chances and probably put 1 away. But he will get plenty of chances, if he plays regularly he'll get 15+ goals.

His strike rate last season suggests that he can be a 20 goal striker. Also, what striker doesn't need a few chances a game? Not even the best strikers in the world finish half there chances created or anywhere near. Torres yesterday (from the highlights Ive seen this morning) missed 3 good chances but that doesn't make him all of a sudden a worry for Liverpool but a 20 minute effort for DJ and a mess or two and now we are getting worried!!!!

I think that some people are only panicking because we spent £2.1 million/ £1.6 million on DJ. When was the last time we spent that much money on a player? Thus, if he doesn't score with his first touch or dribble the ball past five players without the ball touching the ground, he is a crap buy and will never score.

I can't believe that Campbell is even being compared to Elvis. DJ is a proven goalscorer at everyc lub he's been with, is Elvis?

Anyone that honestly thought we weren't going to lose this season (ie, the bell-cheese that started this thread) needs their head checking. We would have been beaten at some stage this season, anyway, and, against Blackpool we created chances that, had our strikers been a little more focused, we would have buried them and ran off with the game.

I'm not sure if our strikers underperformed yesterday due the fact that it was the first day of the season and they have to get themselves back into the swing of things. I think that they were just hideously unlucky, God seemed to be smiling on the Blackpool goal.

All these gloom merchants are boring me...

Torres yesterday (from the highlights Ive seen this morning) missed 3 good chances but that doesn't make him all of a sudden a worry for Liverpool...

Torres the next Shevchenko...? :dunno: If i was a Liverpool fan I'd be well worried, in fact I'd start a thread just to vent about how crap he was!... :whistle:

It makes me laugh that people are criticising him for looking lethargic, uninvolved and off the pace. He looked incredibly lively when he got the ball and had two or three chances. The goals will come.

Can't wait to see a few counter attacks with Campbell and Ka'abi making forward runs. We are going to scare teams this season in that situation.

Archived