Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

HANG THE DJ

I think Ultra just likes the reaction :rolleyes:

Well he certainly got one!!

Luckily enough there are enough sensible heads who realise that it wasn't as bad as the result proclaimed.

We should have won,we didn't,and its an arse.

But id have been more worried IF we didn't create any chances!

Keep the faith.

Up the City.

One team,one dream!!

That the one now isn't it!!! :D

Well he certainly got one!!

Luckily enough there are enough sensible heads who realise that it wasn't as bad as the result proclaimed.

We should have won,we didn't,and its an arse.

But id have been more worried IF we didn't create any chances!

Keep the faith.

Up the City.

One team,one dream!!

That the one now isn't it!!! :D

Exactly, the chances were there, and , perhaps a litlle more focused, I'd bank on one of our strikers putting them in the back of the net 9 times out of 10.

The goal was scored in controversial circumstances, and, had our lot played to the whistle, we could have gone on and won the game the way we were playing.

An old cliché and sounds stupid but for me he was trying too hard to impress his new fans, Allen as he obviously wants to start a game and therefore lacked composure.

Well either that or he's a total shit bag.

Choices, choices, choices - life is just so difficult.

True, but the Mattock point is interesting and I want an explanation.

I presume it is being exaggerated 100 x worse than whatever it was. Maybe when the ball was kicked back by Mattock DJ turned around to start going upfield to try and score? Every thought about that? :dunno:

We were piss poor for large parts of yesterdays game but I think the main reason we didn't score later on with Hume, MDV, DJ even Weso was because of anxiety, over zealousness, trying to hard whatever you want to call it. Some may view that as lacking professionalism but is no reason to be calling for the culling of players, MDV or DJ just yet.

MA needs to get the balance right, getting the midfield operating smoothly and effectively and instil a sense of control and calmness, we've now got players capable of taking control of the game, unlike previous years.

Oh and finally to tell our goalkeeper to stop hoofing and be a bloody site quicker releasing the ball to the defenders/midfielders who were crying out for it.

Your last paragraph is another reason I hope Sheehan plays Tuesday. He's by far the most aware in making himself available for a pass from the goalkeeper.

Times Henderson spots an available defender too late and then doesn't have the confidence to use him. Good goalkeepers make the stop and start their throw out in virtually the same movement.

I agree aboyut people being too tense and trying too hard. Relaxation comes with a settled side and knowing that your manager has faith in you whatever goes wrong for any individual on a particular day.

I wonder if Man Utd fans are screaming on there fans forum over in China, Cornwall and London after there 0-0 draw today? I didn't see the game but apparently like us they created over 20 chances but things didn't go there way and on another day they could have had a hat full.

Amid all the flak that's flying after yet ANOTHER home defeat one player seems to have emerged virtually unscathed - ironically the one player whose arrival was supposed to bring more firepower to the team.

I've seen Campbell in a City shirt on three occasions and he's been seriously unconvincing in all of them. Despite having a stack of chances he's still to pop his scoring cherry.

Some apologists may claim he was only denied against Blackpool by quality goalkeeping. But a £1.6 million pound buy in this league shouldn't need to be given the benefit of the doubt. A sharper striker (Fryatt perhaps?) might have given the keeper less chance.

He also needs to work on his attitude. Many on here noted the incident when young Joe Mattock played a seventy yard back pass. What went largely unseen was Campbell, the player in front of him, turning his back on Mattock and making no kind of run into space whatsoever. This behaviour, clearly designed to undermine and belittle a team-mate, would have been barely tolerable at under-10 level. For it to happen in a professional game in front of 27000 paying punters is an absolute disgrace.

There was another instance late in the game where De Vries and Rachubka collided while chasing a high cross. The ball ran loose but Campbell couldn't take advantage because he wasn't even in the box. Quality strikers develop a sense of anticipation, but Campbell has yet to show us he has this.

An article in the national media this week branded Campbell the worst Championship signing of the summer. For his sake, and that of the manager who signed him, that had better not be true.

Only happy when you're moaning.

Don't worry - this cretin will disappear when we start picking up points.

Tw at.

How you can judge after 1 game is beyond me. I feel that Campbell in his time on the pitch Saturday showed more of a goalscoring threat than Elvis has since he has been at the club!

Because he's a muppet. Campbell should of scored on Saturday, twice, but it's a bit early to be righting him off even if I do think we've paid over the odds for him.

He was also playing a system the players seemed to struggle to understand.

Because he's a muppet. Campbell should of scored on Saturday, twice, but it's a bit early to be righting him off even if I do think we've paid over the odds for him.

He was also playing a system the players seemed to struggle to understand.

Yes I think we paid a million to much to be honest, but i have already seen enough to think that he will be better than Elvis, although that is not hard!

Amid all the flak that's flying after yet ANOTHER home defeat one player seems to have emerged virtually unscathed - ironically the one player whose arrival was supposed to bring more firepower to the team.

I've seen Campbell in a City shirt on three occasions and he's been seriously unconvincing in all of them. Despite having a stack of chances he's still to pop his scoring cherry.

Some apologists may claim he was only denied against Blackpool by quality goalkeeping. But a £1.6 million pound buy in this league shouldn't need to be given the benefit of the doubt. A sharper striker (Fryatt perhaps?) might have given the keeper less chance.

He also needs to work on his attitude. Many on here noted the incident when young Joe Mattock played a seventy yard back pass. What went largely unseen was Campbell, the player in front of him, turning his back on Mattock and making no kind of run into space whatsoever. This behaviour, clearly designed to undermine and belittle a team-mate, would have been barely tolerable at under-10 level. For it to happen in a professional game in front of 27000 paying punters is an absolute disgrace.

There was another instance late in the game where De Vries and Rachubka collided while chasing a high cross. The ball ran loose but Campbell couldn't take advantage because he wasn't even in the box. Quality strikers develop a sense of anticipation, but Campbell has yet to show us he has this.

An article in the national media this week branded Campbell the worst Championship signing of the summer. For his sake, and that of the manager who signed him, that had better not be true.

goodness me..... is your glass always half empty?

It makes me laugh that people are criticising him for looking lethargic, uninvolved and off the pace. He looked incredibly lively when he got the ball and had two or three chances. The goals will come.

Can't wait to see a few counter attacks with Campbell and Ka'abi making forward runs. We are going to scare teams this season in that situation.

spelt Kaebi but pronounced how you spelt it.

I dunno, he looked ok to me. Fair enough, there was that rebound he tried to take an extra touch on instead of just scuffing it in which he really should scored, other than that he looked pretty decent except for a brief period where he was playing too wide to be useful. Maybe not £1.6m kind of good, but still pretty good.

To be honest, when I see any forwards on the pitch I expect, nay demand, that they score. If we haven't got a goal within 45 seconds of kick-off, I'd sack the lot. Or shoot them. Whichever is easiest.

Put 'em in a sack and then shoot 'em.

Incidentally, I think DJ Campbell is one of the quickest footballers I've ever seen.

I bet Hammond busts a cap in his ass one of these days.

DJ better be careful on the mean 'sidewalks' of Leicester. He's one sick cat though.

To be honest, when I see any forwards on the pitch I expect, nay demand, that they score. If we haven't got a goal within 45 seconds of kick-off, I'd sack the lot. Or shoot them. Whichever is easiest.

To be honest Ultra is being too kind... hanging can be a very time consuming process, there's the rope, the you've got to find a decent beam/tree/lampost to hang said rope from and then the man power needed to restrain the hapless fecker... and thats before we have to scan the ground for any City fan who can tie a decent knot!... all in all its a lot to consider.

thing that gets me is DJ cant score against blackpool even with their keeper on a good day, then who CAN he score against ? lol

fingers really crossed that he can actually show us he was worth the money we paid for him

What??!! Did you even read what you posted??

Give the guy a break....

PS is Ultra related to Barber?? They are both absolute kn*b jockeys.....

Archived