Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The 'high foot' rule.

Maybe me just being a paranoid Leicester fan but the high foot rule seemed to work brilliantly against us yesterday!

In the second half during one of our many goal mouth scrambles, MDV lifted his foot to waist height to get the ball off a defender ready to lay it off. The ref (we'll call him Andy "The T**t" D'Urso) blew his whistle for a free kick indicating his hand to his waist.

10 minutes later Weso was running down the left wing, twice the defender kick him in the face (if not touching, he was within inches) no free kick given. Again about 5 minutes after this on the outside of their box, one of their defender controlled the ball with his foot, of our player's head. Funnily enough no free kick was given then either.

Now those posters who are more learned in the rules of Association Football would it be possible for you to tell me is there a new rule in place where the defending team can raise their feet to head height, whereas the attacking team can only raise their's to hip height?

'Cause it wasn't like that in my day!!?!?

Am I the only one that thought we had a nail on penalty when Barker nailed Hayes just inside the box??

Definite free-kick! And what about Hume being tripped up in the first half? Didn't see it clearly because I sit in the Kop but what I saw was a penalty!

Definite free-kick! And what about Hume being tripped up in the first half? Didn't see it clearly because I sit in the Kop but what I saw was a penalty!

He was al over the back of him, but it was one of decisions that whether it went either way it would be criticised by the other team.

I'm sure it took us until the 25th minute to actually get a free kick!!!

Is it just me, or do the refs seem a little bias against us!!??? Bastards!!! :mad:

Tbf we weren't in possession of the ball until the 24th minute.

Nah that was never a penalty Hume just ran through and jumped between the two defenders :S

I honestly don't think D'Urso likes us. He really gave some bizarre decisions against us yesterday. The linesman down the Kop end in the second half was no better either.

D'Urso sounds a bit like D'Arsehole.

Am I the only one that thought we had a nail on penalty when Barker nailed Hayes just inside the box??

No, you're not.

I was second row back in G2 and thought it was a definite pen - Hayes poked it past and the bloke took his foot away just as he was going to take another touch. I don't remember there being much appealing though.

As for the high foot, D'Urso was the worst thing a ref can be - inconsistent. I don't know what the rule is but if a ref sticks to one interpretation thats fine, but he seemed to change his mind. I hate that with pushing when going for headers - some refs seem to be eve rso tight in the first half and then not arsed in the second.

The officials weren't on our side thats for sure but to be honest they weren't the worst we will see at the Walkers this season. Yesterday was one of them games where we wouldn't have scored if the game was three hours long.

BTW, Im not sure if this has been posted but its amazing that somehow the winning side thought D`Urso was very good lol

http://www.blackpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=77887

Typical footy fans! Shite when we lose, a master if we win!

Archived