Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Pessimism Overload

I've been posting here for the past 18 months and through all the pessimism and bad times over that period I have never been so pissed off as to read the barrage of posts against Martin Allen over the past few days.

These narrowminded and shortsighted threads have already got on a lot of peoples backs, but yet more and more shite threads are being created, mostly by new members

It seems so many of us have forgotton what it was really like last season. If we carry on like this it seems we will never have a manager for a half decent period of time! We need to give the guy at the very very least until the end of September before you get a true picture of how we will be this season.

Mods, please can you get a grip on this situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's been a high number of totally needless, incorrect and badly written threads about recently.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH. Rant over. :scarf:

Im in the process of going through todays thread as Ive been out for most of the day but the last 46-72 hours, well from the defeat at Blackpool onwards has seen an upsurge in total tripe being written by some people. I know we have had fans from MK Dons and the rest on here but I am almost certain that some of these posters in the last few days have been from non-Leicester fans and then some weak willed lot from our side have decided to somehow join in!

I agree with your post and its time that people woke up and got back to the way we all felt a few weeks ago, optimistic! How so many can change so quickly is beyond me and I want everyone to get that reality check and realize we have a long way to go but are in good hands!

If in Janurary after the defeat to cardiff someone said we'd have spent nearly £4m on players, wages and signing on fee's, our Chairman wanted us up asap. We had 3 players who were key to a promotion team from the current season, there was no more McCarthy, Sylla and Hughes, Maybury were being hung out to dry and our manager really cared about the club and fans then I'd have said no way. If that same person then said the fans were still moaning I'd have said "are they ever happy, bunch of moaning t*ats, get a grip." and now so I shall:

You bunch of moaning twats, Get a grip :frusty:

If in Janurary after the defeat to cardiff someone said we'd have spent nearly £4m on players, wages and signing on fee's, our Chairman wanted us up asap. We had 3 players who were key to a promotion team from the current season, there was no more McCarthy, Sylla and Hughes, Maybury were being hung out to dry and our manager really cared about the club and fans then I'd have said no way. If that same person then said the fans were still moaning I'd have said "are they ever happy, bunch of moaning t*ats, get a grip." and now so I shall:

lol true story

:clap: :clap:

I'm a newbie to these forums but a long time City fan, I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments Monk, and of those of the sane majority that post here. The past few days have been a ridiculous frenzy of posts demanding the sacking of MA, so and so to be picked in the team etc.

Back even two weeks ago before the season started everyone was filled with excitement for the coming months and it seemed that the general consensus was whatever happens this season its going to be a rollercoaster ride!!

Reality check methinks people - We are two games into a long season, we have a new team on the pitch and the backing to succeed off of it.

Surely its better that we all give the people in charge the time to make the needed changes? Rome wasn't built in a day and we won't have won the league by Christmas.

This negativity is exactly that, negative. Its pointless and won't achieve anything - For the first time in a long time there is pride and passion back at OUR club, we have a manger that will work his socks off for success and demands the same of the people around him - How long has it been since we have been able to say that? Things certainly are not as bad as the mentalists around here are claiming

/Rant

I've been posting here for the past 18 months and through all the pessimism and bad times over that period I have never been so pissed off as to read the barrage of posts against Martin Allen over the past few days.

These narrowminded and shortsighted threads have already got on a lot of peoples backs, but yet more and more shite threads are being created, mostly by new members

It seems so many of us have forgotton what it was really like last season. If we carry on like this it seems we will never have a manager for a half decent period of time! We need to give the guy at the very very least until the end of September before you get a true picture of how we will be this season.

Mods, please can you get a grip on this situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's been a high number of totally needless, incorrect and badly written threads about recently.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH. Rant over. :scarf:

Well said :thumbup: Couldn't have put it better myself

It's no different to the start of the Martin O'Neill era is it? It was obvious when MON started that he was very intelligent and knew exactly how he was going to go about things and what was going to work for his team, but just because results weren't in line with expectations for the first few weeks sections of the 'support' turned on him as if he were the worst manager we'd ever had. Although he achieved a lot at Leicester I don't think he ever really forgave us for that as he'd bring it up every so often.

I don't think MA is the thinker that MON was but I can see the same steely determination in him and hard nosed desire to do things exactly as he wants and not to pander to anyone else. Chairman take the p*ss these days with the speed that they sack managers but if Mandaric has any sense (which I am confident he does) he must surely realise that to create a winning team out of a losing team and a load of new signings could take months, not just weeks. He is impatient, but we're ALL impatient to see success. It doesn't mean that he's going to do anything daft.

The doom-mongers need to get a grip.

Sweet

And at the games, booing at people will not make them play better.

If you have paid your money, yes, you have the right to express your opinion. But have you thought for a moment of the consequences of loudly berating our players ?

Boo the ref. Boo the opposition. Boo Birch at halftime if you have to, but remember what "support" means and what a difference it can make.

I'm a newbie to these forums but a long time City fan, I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments Monk, and of those of the sane majority that post here. The past few days have been a ridiculous frenzy of posts demanding the sacking of MA, so and so to be picked in the team etc.

Back even two weeks ago before the season started everyone was filled with excitement for the coming months and it seemed that the general consensus was whatever happens this season its going to be a rollercoaster ride!!

Reality check methinks people - We are two games into a long season, we have a new team on the pitch and the backing to succeed off of it.

Surely its better that we all give the people in charge the time to make the needed changes? Rome wasn't built in a day and we won't have won the league by Christmas.

This negativity is exactly that, negative. Its pointless and won't achieve anything - For the first time in a long time there is pride and passion back at OUR club, we have a manger that will work his socks off for success and demands the same of the people around him - How long has it been since we have been able to say that? Things certainly are not as bad as the mentalists around here are claiming

/Rant

While I agree with what everyone is saying in this thread, I think it's a bit harsh to say that we now have a manager who cares about the club and fans and one that will work his socks off as if Rob Kelly didn't. Rob Kelly wasn't management material but his lack of success wasn't due to a lack of hard work and care. His people skills weren't as good as Martin Allen's seem to be but he certainly cared about the job he was doing whilst he was here.

While I agree with what everyone is saying in this thread, I think it's a bit harsh to say that we now have a manager who cares about the club and fans and one that will work his socks off as if Rob Kelly didn't. Rob Kelly wasn't management material but his lack of success wasn't due to a lack of hard work and care. His people skills weren't as good as Martin Allen's seem to be but he certainly cared about the job he was doing whilst he was here.

I agree we should give the team a 100% support and as I do that at every match then I can not possibly be guilty of being negative but the fact is we were piss poor against Kilmarnock in the first half,very average against Cambridge,failed to beat Blackpool and sadly lacking last night,I'm sorry but it's nowhere near as good as it should be even now .

I'm a little worried that we are going to get taken apart on Saturday when we play a team whose manager I truly will never forgive for what for his stupidity and lack of knowledge in the transfer market did to Leicester. :unsure:

i have no problems with the manager and i do think its a bit silly to be calling for his head so soon. but one thing that gets me is we are definetly under achieving, i expect more considering we have spent quite alot of money that we didnt have last season, i totally expect more from DJ, for throughout all the uproar and ho-ha about him being good but still cannot score against blackpool let alone accrington, atleast wezzo showed him how its done, i mean dj cant even stick one past the keeper and he was offside lol i just hope he proves us all wrong and starts scoring

I wouldn't say his people skills were good considering he quibbled with nearly everyone. But I still admire him for saving us twice in a row with a load of junk.

Look on the positive side! The number of new members on here speaks volumes for the excitement tat Milan has brought. Ok, expectations are clearly too high, but with a couple of wins under our belt things should calm down a little.

Au contrare - if we win a couple of games they'll more likely think we're going to run away with the league! You know what its like! There's no medium with Leicester fans, its either over the moon or under the table

Look on the positive side! The number of new members on here speaks volumes for the excitement tat Milan has brought. Ok, expectations are clearly too high, but with a couple of wins under our belt things should calm down a little.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens at Palace, I expect many to panic if we get a roast stuffing!

As an aside, who likes stuffing?

Archived