Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Watford Discipline

Sorry if this should be included in the post-match reaction section but I thought it was worthy of a topic in its own right.

I know our players aren't angels, but I thought Watford (and the indulgent referee) were an absolute disgrace today. I was sitting right next to the melee when we were 3-0 up, and two of their players at least should have been sent off. Hume was punched in the face when he was tackled, and Campbell was head butted by another player (McAnuff?). In addition, McAnuff lashed out at McAuley in the first half and got away with it. The referee ended up booking more Leicester than Watford players in the most incompetent display of refereeing I have seen for many years. Gave them absolutely everything. Shows just how well we played to overcome dirty Watford and a referee who was simply awful

All in all I think the referee slightly edged it in our favour, I wouldn't say he had a good game but compared to most ref's that come to Leicester or officiate Leicester games he was pretty good.

tell me thats a poor attempt at being sarcastic

It was because they were annoyed at being outplayed. I must admit I didn't see too much of the incident but saw our bench leaping up and MA going mad. If there was any cowardly stuff from their players I hope it was caught by the cameraman so the offenders can get prosecuted. Geez I sound like I am suggesting they should get restraining orders on them or something lol

I thought the referee had a good game in my opinion, there were a lot fouls and a lot of fouls mean a lot of bookings! A fair few of the bookings come from all the handbags and argie barge. Decision wise the referee was spot on with most things, the only critisism i have is taking to long to consult with his assistants and poor positioning when he gave the penalty.

4 minutes first half added time.

6 minutes second half added time.

Yes a few handbags and some pushing and shoving but surely it wasn't that bad that we needed that much extra time.

4 minutes first half added time.

6 minutes second half added time.

Yes a few handbags and some pushing and shoving but surely it wasn't that bad that we needed that much extra time.

Maybe this ref actually applied the rules for a change?

30 seconds per sub, let's not forget there were a couple of injuries and scuffles.

can't really comment on the scuffles 'cause I didn't have a great view.

One thing I did like was some of the advantages given, it seems to be a feature so far this seaon in games I've seen to give more advantages.

edit to ask... Will we get a fine for having 6 players booked??

4 of our players got themselves unnecessarilly booked by getting involved when they should have backed off. There really was no excuse we were 3-0 and then 4-0 up and had no reason to react to the bad play of Watford or the bad refereeing such that it was.

In other aspects of the game I thought the ref did well 3 times he played advantage for us and when that advantage didn't materialise brought play back and gave us the free kicks, one of which we scored from.

As for the potential sendings off he seemed to take great care and time to consult his linesmen so if he did get it wrong he and they obviously didn't see it, it surely wasn't because he was afraid too with 11 bookings to his name.

4 of our players got themselves unnecessarilly booked by getting involved when they should have backed off. There really was no excuse we were 3-0 and then 4-0 up and had no reason to react to the bad play of Watford or the bad refereeing such that it was.

In other aspects of the game I thought the ref did well 3 times he played advantage for us and when that advantage didn't materialise brought play back and gave us the free kicks, one of which we scored from.

As for the potential sendings off he seemed to take great care and time to consult his linesmen so if he did get it wrong he and they obviously didn't see it, it surely wasn't because he was afraid too with 11 bookings to his name.

I agree, thought the ref handled the game reasonably well.

He's not the worst we'll see this season.

I agree, thought the ref handled the game reasonably well.

He's not the worst we'll see this season.

I hope he is! :huh:

How could he book several players for dissent and yet let McAnuff and Williamson escape unpunished for brutal assaults?

But the guy's name is Taylor. If he's a relative of Peter Turnip that would explain all! :)

Wasn't just their players.

Coming home from Leicester a group of about 20 Watford fans aged 14-20 held up thousands in Leicester and London as they took drugs, smoked fags, abused mothers, children, disabled and elderly and threatened service workers.

A joke, especially as these little scrots ran for the nearest away pub to hide before their train when news caught on that Leicesters real firm were after them.

Some of these lads I usually go to home games with because it's a laugh but now I know they can act like this if we don't play well I might have to re-think, a fooking disgrace to Watford Football Club.

My mates dad even had to console someone in the first class who was shaking and holding her baby in her arms, that's how bad it got.

Little ****s.

I'm the Watford fan he quoted and would just like to say sorry to anyone effected by the little twats of fans we supposedly have, I myself am a younger fan in the 18s but from now on will distance myself from such a disgrace to Watford Football Club and fans all over the country.

Archived