Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Nottingham Forest

Be nice to see the same again, fitness permitting.

MDV looked done in by the end of the Watford game but hopefully he'll recover.

If we need to make one or two changes then I'd like to see Chambers come in at right-back and possibly give Porter a start on the left wing. Other than that, I think our best bet of showing our class in this game is continuity.

I am so up for this game. I was up for it before the Palace game but now we can see what Clemence and Wesolowski are capable of and Campbell has a couple of goals under his belt, I'm getting more and more confident that this is finally the game where we end the 35-year wait.

I'd leave it, I personally don't see sheehan as a long term solution to the left hand side, but after his perfomance yesterday he fully deserves to keep his place.

Also would like to see chambers back in although I like to see him have to work his way back in and it would be interesting how the 3 CB's would be used with him at RB. McAuley was brilliant yet again better than Kisnorbo in my opinon, Bruno's my new idol behind clemence and we saw Kisnorbo prove his worth at palace. Competition, great to see.

Sheehan looked a little shaky in the first half, but after his goal (fortunate deflection though it was), he was like a player transformed.

He did well enough to keep his place.

I'd resist the temptation of starting the same team that did so well yesterday, as it shouldnt be forgotten that playing two games within four days and then a third four days later (while not a massive stretch) is still something of a big ask and Id rather see some of our players rested so they were in their best condition for Plymouth away next Saturday. Forrest wont be a push over (hell!... we struggled against Acrington last week!!!) but I'd still look to involve some of our more periferal players allowing us to rest the players we're going to need fit and fresh for Plymouth...

Henderson - purely in the interests of rotation and keeping both players fresh.

Chambers - only on as a sub yesterday, could do with a decent run out to prepare him for Saturday.

McAuley - Cover for N'Gotty who's one of the players likely to be most in need of a break.

Kisnorbo

Mattock/Clarke -Take your pick, but it should be worth involving Mattock.

Kaebi - reports from Watford were promising and he must be ready (and in need of) a full run out?

Weso - Outstanding against Watford, and who else are you going to stick in the middle of the park? - Weso V Lennon will be fascinating.

Clemence - See above.

Sheehan - Steady or good performance yesterday (depending who you believe :) ), entitled to start again and build on that IMHO.

Campbell - another decent performance, another goal, you simply cant argue with that and another game can only help as he's still off full fitness.

Fryatt - Not totally sold on him, but with MDV and Hume needing to be rested and Cort's only available as a sub... perhaps worth a shot?

Subs: Fulop, Clarke/Mattock, Porter, Cort, Hume.

--------------------Fulop-----------------

Chambers-McAuley-Kisnorbo-Mattock

Kaebi-Wesolowski-Clemence-Sheehan

---------Campbell-Sappleton/Eric

Subs

Henderson, Stearman, Kishishev, Cort, Hume

i would play either Sappleton or Eric as MDV + Hume could do with the rest and if we ARE selling Matty why bring him in when we could give someone younger that's staying the opportunity to gain some much needed 1st team experience

personally i'd make a few changes and restore yesterdays team for the next league game fresh.

Give some fringe players a crack; Mattock, Kish, Fryatt and see how they get on. I know it's forest but i'd rather find out now in the season which players are really gonna fight for us this season. The league is a much higher priority imo and a team mixed with regulars and fringe players should see off forest if they've got the desire.

I'd rest de Vries and N'Gotty, I think by the sounds of it they're probably the two in most need of a bit of a rest. I know this is a big game but if we keep playing the same team every week, the players will be feeling it come January.

Fulop

Chambers McAuley Kisnorbo Clarke

Kaebi Wesolowski Clemence Sheehan

Hume DJ

Subs: Henderson, N'Gotty, Kishishev, Porter, De Vries

I'm not overly impressed with Sheehan but you certainly can't drop him after a good performance and if he puts another one in then maybe he is a worthy competitor for the place.

I'd stick Chambers in for N'Gotty, the old geezer must be knackered. I think MA only really signed him as a back-up for when we get injuries later on in the season, don't get me wrong he's a class-act but at his age he can't be expecting him to play every game.

I don't think you can really change it tbh. I might be tempted to throw Kaebi in for a bit of match practice and stick Hume up front with DJ as De Vries looked done in at the end of yesterdays match, but otherwise I'd play the team that beat Watford- wins breed confidence.

I don't think you can really change it tbh. I might be tempted to throw Kaebi in for a bit of match practice and stick Hume up front with DJ as De Vries looked done in at the end of yesterdays match, but otherwise I'd play the team that beat Watford- wins breed confidence.

Yeah. They are the only changes that I would be looking at making. I was surprised De Vries didn't get pulled off yesterday, he did look completely knackered towards the end.

Yeah. They are the only changes that I would be looking at making. I was surprised De Vries didn't get pulled off yesterday, he did look completely knackered towards the end.

[insert joke involving Richard Stearman and a tub of vaseline here]

Archived