Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Nottingham Forest

I'd stick Chambers in for N'Gotty, the old geezer must be knackered. I think MA only really signed him as a back-up for when we get injuries later on in the season, don't get me wrong he's a class-act but at his age he can't be expecting him to play every game.

What a ridiculous comment. We only signed N'Gotty as back up? He is the best player we have had at this club for many, many years. Back up to whom exactly? Gareth McAuley? Are you fooking kidding me?

Chambers should be given a run out at the expense of either Kisnorbo, N'Gotty or McAuley, who ever needs a rest the most.

Kaebi to get a longer go - perhaps on after 50 or 60 minutes this time.

If Cort is fit, I'd be tempted to give him a start and De Vries a rest.

I'd stick Chambers in for N'Gotty, the old geezer must be knackered. I think MA only really signed him as a back-up for when we get injuries later on in the season, don't get me wrong he's a class-act but at his age he can't be expecting him to play every game.

£20,000 a week. Expensive backup later in the season.

I think MA will bring in some of the other players like Fryatt, Kish, ect. I doubt he will play the same squad because the league is where we need to perform and we have a long trip to Plymouth so he will want the majority of the team that played Saturday to be fit and rested to try to do the same again.

Our second string should have enough to despatch Forest. If we did go out would that be such a bad thing if we can chase for promotion? Plenty of other championship sides have already gone out in what is considered a second rate competition. Much will depend on MM's instructions to MA - if he is not bothered by the competition why risk injuries?

What a ridiculous comment. We only signed N'Gotty as back up? He is the best player we have had at this club for many, many years. Back up to whom exactly? Gareth McAuley? Are you fooking kidding me?
£20,000 a week. Expensive backup later in the season.

My point was that he is 36 years old, he is not going to be playing every game, and I reckon Allen probably knew that when he signed.

And Wooly, if you read my post properly, I actually said myself that he's a class act, and yes he is better than Gareth McAuley, when did I say otherwise?

Yeah. They are the only changes that I would be looking at making. I was surprised De Vries didn't get pulled off yesterday, he did look completely knackered towards the end.

the fact we didn't have a striker on the bench is the reason mdv played the whole 90

Fulop

Chambers McAuley Kisnorbo Mattock

Wesolowski Clemence Sheehan

Odhiambo Hume DJ

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Kish, Kaebi, Porter.

A rest for N'Gotty & MDV

I'd resist the temptation of starting the same team that did so well yesterday, as it shouldnt be forgotten that playing two games within four days and then a third four days later (while not a massive stretch) is still something of a big ask and Id rather see some of our players rested so they were in their best condition for Plymouth away next Saturday. Forrest wont be a push over (hell!... we struggled against Acrington last week!!!) but I'd still look to involve some of our more periferal players allowing us to rest the players we're going to need fit and fresh for Plymouth...

Henderson - purely in the interests of rotation and keeping both players fresh.

Chambers - only on as a sub yesterday, could do with a decent run out to prepare him for Saturday.

McAuley - Cover for N'Gotty who's one of the players likely to be most in need of a break.

Kisnorbo

Mattock/Clarke -Take your pick, but it should be worth involving Mattock.

Kaebi - reports from Watford were promising and he must be ready (and in need of) a full run out?

Weso - Outstanding against Watford, and who else are you going to stick in the middle of the park? - Weso V Lennon will be fascinating.

Clemence - See above.

Sheehan - Steady or good performance yesterday (depending who you believe :) ), entitled to start again and build on that IMHO.

Campbell - another decent performance, another goal, you simply cant argue with that and another game can only help as he's still off full fitness.

Fryatt - Not totally sold on him, but with MDV and Hume needing to be rested and Cort's only available as a sub... perhaps worth a shot?

Subs: Fulop, Clarke/Mattock, Porter, Cort, Hume.

I agree, according to reports Forest were dire yesterday. :thumbdown:

I would rather see the bulk of yesterdays players rested for next Saturday.

If the 2nd choice aren't capable of seeing off Forest then we know they are not good enough for the squad.

I'd rest de Vries and N'Gotty, I think by the sounds of it they're probably the two in most need of a bit of a rest. I know this is a big game but if we keep playing the same team every week, the players will be feeling it come January.

Fulop

Chambers McAuley Kisnorbo Clarke

Kaebi Wesolowski Clemence Sheehan

Hume DJ

Subs: Henderson, N'Gotty, Kishishev, Porter, De Vries

I'm not overly impressed with Sheehan but you certainly can't drop him after a good performance and if he puts another one in then maybe he is a worthy competitor for the place.

I agree with that team

[insert joke involving Richard Stearman and a tub of vaseline here]

:D

Yeah. They are the only changes that I would be looking at making. I was surprised De Vries didn't get pulled off yesterday, he did look completely knackered towards the end.
[insert joke involving Richard Stearman and a tub of vaseline here]

:D

It's an interesting decision MA's got to make.

On the one hand he's declared that he doesn't have a team but a squad and that every player has a vital part to play.

On the other hand we need to get into a winning mentality and to develop the confidence which will enable to restore our fortunes.

Changing the team SHOULDN''T mean weakening the team but what to do?

Normally I wouldn't have any concerns about changing a winning team. If a player was in my squad it would be because I think he's a good player and I'm sure that's exactly what MA thinks.

It is also important to keep everyone fit and involved and conversely not to over use anyone.

Generally the cup is a time to use fringe players as well. But, we're in the middle of an unbeaten three-match run. Normally that would be insignificant. But not at Leicester. Last time in happened was back in March.

What I would do, however, is to try and stick to the same system. I won't criticise MA whether he changes the team or not - there's arguments both ways - but I liked the way we looked so balanced Saturday, and I've said many times that balance and the ability to pass/attack throughout the side is so important.

In the end I would make changes and would show complete faith in "the squad".

I'd be tempted to go:

Fulop;

Ka'ebi, N'Gotty, Stearman, Clarke;

Clemence, Wesolowski, Sheehan;

Odhiambo, Cort, Campbell.

Subs:

Henderson, Chambers, McAuley, Porter, McKay.

My subs enable Cort to come on a see if he can do the job DeVries does and McKay gets the Academy spot I'd reserve for every game.

To me you either have a small squad and play your strongest team or a bigger squad and involve everyone as far as possible. This is MA's perfect chance to show he believes in any team he selects...and to give people more and vital experience.

In the end we will benefit from doing this. We have to be able to rely on a broad base of players to become and remain established as Championship challenger.

It is no use not involving them and then expecting them to come in - unfit and unready - and expect them to cope in times of crisis.

the fact we didn't have a striker on the bench is the reason mdv played the whole 90

But we had Hume wide right.

When Campbell went off, we could of took De Vries instead. So we did have the option.

But we had Hume wide right.

When Campbell went off, we could of took De Vries instead. So we did have the option.

however Dj had been booked and the way the ref was flashing the cards was very likly to be sent off as his temperments in't the best

It's an interesting decision MA's got to make.

On the one hand he's declared that he doesn't have a team but a squad and that every player has a vital part to play.

On the other hand we need to get into a winning mentality and to develop the confidence which will enable to restore our fortunes.

Changing the team SHOULDN''T mean weakening the team but what to do?

Normally I wouldn't have any concerns about changing a winning team. If a player was in my squad it would be because I think he's a good player and I'm sure that's exactly what MA thinks.

It is also important to keep everyone fit and involved and conversely not to over use anyone.

Generally the cup is a time to use fringe players as well. But, we're in the middle of an unbeaten three-match run. Normally that would be insignificant. But not at Leicester. Last time in happened was back in March.

What I would do, however, is to try and stick to the same system. I won't criticise MA whether he changes the team or not - there's arguments both ways - but I liked the way we looked so balanced Saturday, and I've said many times that balance and the ability to pass/attack throughout the side is so important.

In the end I would make changes and would show complete faith in "the squad".

I'd be tempted to go:

Fulop;

Ka'ebi, N'Gotty, Stearman, Clarke;

Clemence, Wesolowski, Sheehan;

Odhiambo, Cort, Campbell.

Subs:

Henderson, Chambers, McAuley, Porter, McKay.

My subs enable Cort to come on a see if he can do the job DeVries does and McKay gets the Academy spot I'd reserve for every game.

To me you either have a small squad and play your strongest team or a bigger squad and involve everyone as far as possible. This is MA's perfect chance to show he believes in any team he selects...and to give people more and vital experience.

In the end we will benefit from doing this. We have to be able to rely on a broad base of players to become and remain established as Championship challenger.

It is no use not involving them and then expecting them to come in - unfit and unready - and expect them to cope in times of crisis.

i thake it your playing Odhiambo in the same way Hume was deployed on saturday? other wise i'd put Kishishev in central midfield ahead of Sheehan

i thake it your playing Odhiambo in the same way Hume was deployed on saturday? other wise i'd put Kishishev in central midfield ahead of Sheehan

Exactly. And the only reason I'd retain Sheehan is because I'd want to try to build his strength and confidence a bit further and to retain an attacking midfielder. I would also want to give him more chance to familiarise himself with this left-half role and

to see a little more how well it suited him.

But if McAuley were used instead of N'Gotty and Kishishev drfted in as a sub I wouldn't mind. There really are good options now in almost every department. I don't feel that every week we've got to select two or three weak links.

Exactly. And the only reason I'd retain Sheehan is because I'd want to try to build his strength and confidence a bit further and to retain an attacking midfielder. I would also want to give him more chance to familiarise himself with this left-half role and

But if McAuley were used instead of N'Gotty and Kishishev drfted in as a sub I wouldn't mind. There really are good options now in almost every department. I don't feel that every week we've got to select two or three weak links.

yes but if it were an out and out 4-3-3 with a midfield of Weso, Clem and Kishishev, weso would have even more licence to get forward like he did yesterday and he would be the creative midfielder.

also everyone is naming clarke in the team but his he even availible, unlike fulop he is only here for 3 months so they may not want him to play

Hendo

Chambers - McAuley - Stearman - Mattock

Kaebi - Kisha - Weso - Sheehan

Fryatt - Hume

I know winning is a habit and its an important game and all that but I still think this team would win.

I'm not about to jump on any Sheehan bandwagon, I'm still unconvinced, but it is right that he is at the age where every good performance needs to be rewarded with another start. Sheehan needs to stay in the team for this next match.

Archived