Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Damien Doyle Sacked too!

SSN this morning asked MM about Doyle saving Clarkes life.."just doing his job" he replied ..outrageous

That isn't stricktly true though is it.

Mandaric added: "It is difficult, but at the same time those are two different issues, two different things.

"What he's done is well respected and appreciated, and I am very thankful.

"The same thing was done by Dave Rennie our physio, but that's their duty, that's their job and we expect them to do that.

"This has got nothing to do with this decision whatsoever."

That isn't stricktly true though is it.

Mandaric added: "It is difficult, but at the same time those are two different issues, two different things.

"What he's done is well respected and appreciated, and I am very thankful.

"The same thing was done by Dave Rennie our physio, but that's their duty, that's their job and we expect them to do that.

"This has got nothing to do with this decision whatsoever."

It's still disgusting. Damien Doyle was part of a medical team that managed to save the life of a player who collapsed with heart failure, he's the only player I can think of who's managed to survive something like this, this is thanks to the people who gave him the medical attention he needed.

The next day one of those invovled is fired, as the above was expected of him.

It's still disgusting. Damien Doyle was part of a medical team that managed to save the life of a player who collapsed with heart failure, he's the only player I can think of who's managed to survive something like this, this is thanks to the people who gave him the medical attention he needed.

Doyle was part of the Allen package. Any new manager would want to bring in his own men. He wasn't fired for any other reason than that.

Already explained elsewhere.

On what grounds do the PFA have a right to get involved?

A manager and some of his backroom staff have been sacked.

This happens often. As long as it's been done following the correct procedures and that whatever clauses in the contract which are relevant are adhered to, I don't see what the PFA can do.

This happens often. As long as it's been done following the correct procedures and that whatever clauses in the contract which are relevant are adhered to, I don't see what the PFA can do.

Obviously they will be compensated or get there contract paid in full, so it's not all bad!!!

I wonder whether Damien Doyle would have been sacked the next day if it had been Mandaric who nearly died in that dressing room.

Already corrected. I meant to refer to the League Managers Assocation. They mentioned some months ago how concerned they were that managers were being placed in an impossible position with increasing demand by clubs for instant success.

They would obviously like to curb the trend either by having a sacking window or some other protection policy agreed. I would imagine a sacking after four games would be the provide perfect ammunition for their argument - especially as there appeared to be no football grounds for the decision whatsoever.

It's a pretty crap reason.

No it's not. The bloke is a Sports Scientist for god's sake. So what? We keep him on doing that because he helped save a man's life? He won't be distraught anyway, he gets paid decent money and will end up wherever Allen goes next which you'd have to imagine will be a Championship club within a month or two.

Already corrected. I meant to refer to the League Managers Assocation. They mentioned some months ago how concerned they were that managers were being placed in an impossible position with increasing demand by clubs for instant success.

They would obviously like to curb the trend either by having a sacking window or some other protection policy agreed. I would imagine a sacking after four games would be the provide perfect ammunition for their argument - especially as there appeared to be no football grounds for the decision whatsoever.

There don't have to be football grounds for the decision.

Football is unique. As a manager, you are given a contract for a certain length of time. It means nothing as either the manager will leave, the contract will be renewed or the manage will resign/get sacked. It's rare (unheard of) that a contract simply lapses...

What I'm getting at here is that MM can sack MA for whatever he wants. That's the nature of football management.

No it's not. The bloke is a Sports Scientist for god's sake. So what? We keep him on doing that because he helped save a man's life? He won't be distraught anyway, he gets paid decent money and will end up wherever Allen goes next which you'd have to imagine will be a Championship club within a month or two.

Well in my world, you have to do something wrong to get sacked. And I don't see what it is Damien Doyle has done to deserve the sack, the players seem fitter and more athletic, therefore he's doing his job, it wasn't him that didn't want JFH and it wasn't him that fell out with Milan Mardiric. So that would be the reason not to sack him.

Where as sacking him two days after he saves someones life, is just taking the piss.

Well in my world, you have to do something wrong to get sacked. And I don't see what it is Damien Doyle has done to deserve the sack, the players seem fitter and more athletic, therefore he's doing his job, it wasn't him that didn't want JFH and it wasn't him that fell out with Milan Mardiric. So that would be the reason not to sack him.

Where as sacking him two days after he saves someones life, is just taking the piss.

Football is the COMPLETE opposite to 'real' life though.

In real life, it's almost impossible to be sacked as employees have so much power. Especially with the current litigation culture.

Having said that, in football, where it's all done on fixed length contracts, it just IS acceptable to sack for any reason it seems.

The exception being that you apparently can't sack a footballer ( ! ) for beating up a teammate whilst he lies in bed.

Football is the COMPLETE opposite to 'real' life though.

In real life, it's almost impossible to be sacked as employees have so much power. Especially with the current litigation culture.

Having said that, in football, where it's all done on fixed length contracts, it just IS acceptable to sack for any reason it seems.

The exception being that you apparently can't sack a footballer ( ! ) for beating up a teammate whilst he lies in bed.

Yes but none of this makes it right, which is my arguement, sacking him was unethical, and a bit ungratefull as well.

Yes but none of this makes it right, which is my arguement, sacking him was unethical, and a bit ungratefull as well.

how do you know he was sacked he probably didn't want to stay after allens sacking anyway plus he would of got a payout the allen regime will be back in action very soon & doyle will be happily with him :thumbup:

Well the world isn't fair Mablo. It probably isn't fair that Bruno N'Gotty gets paid £20,000 a week but this is football. It's all gone loopy over the last 15 years or so and there's no going back.

£££ rules.

As if there's any room left in the game for things like Ethics and Gratitude.

It's all about money, money, money and power, power, power!

Besides... if DD had signed a contract, there'd have been an associated pay-off... that's why DD won't take us to court over the sacking, despite there being no 'cause' (and if he didn't sign a contract, he's no leg to stand on anyway). Why should he complain about being sacked for no reason when the pay is the same? Hell, getting sacked is good value for money - you get paid as you would, but don't have to do anything. :D

Having realized there's contracts to pay up - at least in part, perhaps in full - this could be a very expensive undertaking so early into the new era. :ermm:

Well the world isn't fair Mablo. It probably isn't fair that Bruno N'Gotty gets paid £20,000 a week but this is football. It's all gone loopy over the last 15 years or so and there's no going back.

£££ rules.

Football now is a case of 'if you can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen' and boy does Milan like that heat. His hands must be made of asbestos. (Thracian would be pleased with that one).

Football now is a case of 'if you can't stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen' and boy does Milan like that heat. His hands must be made of asbestos. (Thracian would be pleased with that one).

the health and safety executive wouldn't though :angry:

;)

£££ rules.

More than that, it's not fair than Elvis Hammond gets paid so many thousand a week to run very quick, and display no footballing talent at all.

Yet its still happening.

More than that, it's not fair than Elvis Hammond gets paid so many thousand a week to run very quick, and display no footballing talent at all.

Yet its still happening.

If there was any justice in this world, I'd be opening a tin and feeding little pieces of Elvis Hammond to my imaginary dog.

So why were the players going off to the old fitness employee to get a better programme?

Archived