Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Action against the Mirror

Don't think it's to do with the "sacked" part, as I can't see how that is defamatory. I would have thought it was more to do with calling Mandaric "ruthless" and the general tone of the article potentailly being damaging to Mandaric's reputation.

...and being called "colourful".

Really? So everything in that article is fact?

Well, is it?

Don't try and get clever.

We're sueing them for Defamatory, which is damage to reputation by printing false information. Theres nothing in there that damages Milan Madarics reputation, besides the use of the word sacked which I have already said is incorrect.

EDIT: And you know it was Dave Rennie do you because I've herd different.

Don't think it's to do with the "sacked" part, as I can't see how that is defamatory. I would have thought it was more to do with calling Mandaric "ruthless" and the general tone of the article potentailly being damaging to Mandaric's reputation.

Which is why I think its an issue between the Mirror and Mandaric, not the club!

I dont understand?!

The mouth-to-mouth bit I understand to be incorrect but that's not defamotary to MM.

So the only other thing I can think of is certain words such as 'ruthless' but you can't sue over which adjectives a journalist uses. That's just their opinion of his character, not fabricating anything he's done.

Good job the medical team were about because it sounds to me that Kenton & Kisnorbo were trying to 'prop him up', which wouldn't have been any use at all!

...so you mean last season's training at holding up a pissed Stearman will be useless during this campaign? :angry:

...so you mean last season's training at holding up a pissed Stearman will be useless during this campaign? :angry:

lol haha quality! Yer he's been known for his enjoyment of the pop, rumour has he's changed his ways though.. :rolleyes:

I dont understand?!

The mouth-to-mouth bit I understand to be incorrect but that's not defamotary to MM.

So the only other thing I can think of is certain words such as 'ruthless' but you can't sue over which adjectives a journalist uses. That's just their opinion of his character, not fabricating anything he's done.

I think its the overall tone of the article, which is basically saying that Mandaric is a complete b*s&%*d for sacking someone hours after saving someone elses life. The part calling him ruthless could be defined as libelous in the same way that describing someone as dishonest or mad could be - its a slur on his reputation and in this case could damage his chances or LCFC's chances of hiring new managers or players.

I dont understand?!

It's the sacked part, it changes the tone of the article.

MM views bullying him into leaving his job as different to sacking obviously.

typical tabloid sensationalism. but can't the club just ignore it and try and sort more important things out?

Milan has got a lot of fans to win over, this article stirs up hatred against him. If you were Milan would you ignore it? I wouldn't, I'd want to prove to the fans that it's a load of bollucks and that I'm really a really nice bloke, which I am

Archived