Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skegness fox

manderic quote

I read a quote from MM today that if it takes 20 managers to get us in the prem then so be it. I don't know about anyone else but this worries me!

When he came in he had a 3 year plan to get City back in the prem, so surely you have 2 stick with a manager for at least a full season. When he gets a manager in will he sack him if he loses his first 3 games.

The club needs stability. Martin O'Niell won 3 of his first 15 games, the fans wanted him out but the board stuck by him and look what happened. The next manager has to be given a fair crack (thats if he can find anyone 2 work for him) or we will be in the same position as we've been the last 3 or 4 years.

He also has to let the manager do the job his way and let him sign his own players. I suggest he does it himself for a month, find out its not that easy then give Martin his job back!

I read a quote from MM today that if it takes 20 managers to get us in the prem then so be it. I don't know about anyone else but this worries me!

When he came in he had a 3 year plan to get City back in the prem, so surely you have 2 stick with a manager for at least a full season. When he gets a manager in will he sack him if he loses his first 3 games.

The club needs stability. Martin O'Niell won 3 of his first 15 games, the fans wanted him out but the board stuck by him and look what happened. The next manager has to be given a fair crack (thats if he can find anyone 2 work for him) or we will be in the same position as we've been the last 3 or 4 years.

He also has to let the manager do the job his way and let him sign his own players. I suggest he does it himself for a month, find out its not that easy then give Martin his job back!

What a stupid, pointless quote :rolleyes:

Although i agree in some aspects on what your saying.... i think that we should stop going on about allen getting his job back, its not going to happen, i didnt like what happend to him but no matter what we say, he wont ever be our manager again...

I do agree we need to have stability in the club, its the key to gaining what we wan to achieve..... I hope Mandaric will realise that and just pick a manager whom he can at least get on with a little bit.... At the end of the day im with Milan, he saved us, he waited ages to get ownership and has spent money, so thanks to him we are in a stronger posistion than we were this time last year..... I know the timeing wasnt great with the allen departure, but i think if they were not getting on then its best to part company now and get somebody else....

I will say one thing tho..... Paul Jewell is my choice.... Will he work under mandaric, i doubt it!!!

And Warnock and Mandaric together?? Think about it??

Well, this thread went down well didn't it.

I used to love Skegness. The apex of British seaside shenanigans.

Don`t bring me into it. :)

All the quote does is tell us what we already know, that Milan is not here to make friends and doesn't care who he upsets and how much compo he has to pay by sacking managers in order to get us up. The bit in bold is the important thing for us as fans though!

I didn't mean it to be about MA getting his job back it was to do with getting stability at the club. I appreciate what MM has done i just meant he has to let the manager do his job.

Yeah i understand what your saying mate, we must have stability.... If not we cant move on... Im sure this will be resolved soon....

I have got no problem with him wanting promotion this year finally a chairman with ambition. I think allen got the sack at a stupid time and should have had longer but I think allens sacking wasnt to do with results. Giving a new manager a unconditional entire season isnt the the right thing to do either a year is a long time in football I would likely expect to see some kind of good run from a new manager within 10-15 games.

MA and MM had reached the point where they couldn't work together. One of them owned the club and the other one didn't.

It's not exactly rocket science!

Simon

I agree. It's not rocket science to work out that it hardly does Mandaric's reputation as an employer any good nor does it say much for his judgement of prospective managers.

But if his ambition is for promotion this year then he's hardly going about it in the right way is he?? We need a sustained period of stability and a settled side

that plays confidently,behind a manager who 's systems cope well with the rigours of this League, promotion teams are not attractive to watch most of the time but, those who are confident in there abilities to keep losses down to a minimum.

His inane ramblings of going through 20 managers if needs be is not what you would expect from a experienced chairman/owner as it shows your failings to a certain point which can give competitors the edge in negotiations for Management personnal and players.

But if his ambition is for promotion this year then he's hardly going about it in the right way is he?? We need a sustained period of stability and a settled side

that plays confidently,behind a manager who 's systems cope well with the rigours of this League, promotion teams are not attractive to watch most of the time but, those who are confident in there abilities to keep losses down to a minimum.

His inane ramblings of going through 20 managers if needs be is not what you would expect from a experienced chairman/owner as it shows your failings to a certain point which can give competitors the edge in negotiations for Management personnal and players.

yeah, i wouldnt take him 'going through 20 managers' literally. but him making tough decisions, if needs, be he is prepared to do surely can only be a positive?

in answering your question,sure its not an ideal scenario currently (which goes back to Milan making a mistake in appointing allen in the first place) but at least he has the foresight to rectify that problem before it gets out of hand and actually costs us a promotion challenge.

6 months down the line, well into a season, and things could be irreversable in terms of actually challenging for promotion had allen been allowed to continue upsetting everyone at the club.

in hindsight, milans decision is one that i think is right

Its difficult to read why MM does get so vocal in the press regarding his beliefs. It could be seen as a bad thing as some managers may well not want to go anywhere near us thinking that we were almost a time bomb but others may see his honesty refreshing and knowing exactly what they are going in to.

I'm sure we have all had jobs where it was so easy that we let our guard down and weren't giving it our best which in hindsight made us lazy and not that bothered. I'm sure it was MON or may still be who prefers short term contracts so he knows that he is always on the edge and knows he must do his best of risk being sacked with little monetary compensation. I think I prefer the managers who are under pressure to hit targets or else as I have already said, many just go through the motions with no fear of the sack.

Its difficult to read why MM does get so vocal in the press regarding his beliefs. It could be seen as a bad thing as some managers may well not want to go anywhere near us thinking that we were almost a time bomb but others may see his honesty refreshing and knowing exactly what they are going in to.

I'm sure we have all had jobs where it was so easy that we let our guard down and weren't giving it our best which in hindsight made us lazy and not that bothered. I'm sure it was MON or may still be who prefers short term contracts so he knows that he is always on the edge and knows he must do his best of risk being sacked with little monetary compensation. I think I prefer the managers who are under pressure to hit targets or else as I have already said, many just go through the motions with no fear of the sack.

he probably wants to win over the fans... more fans liking the chairman= more bums on seats = more money.

he probably wants to win over the fans... more fans liking the chairman= more bums on seats = more money.

But I thought 90 mins of good football did that........ not liking your chairman, he can be a right old miserable g**

for all I care, it what happens on the pitch that takes me there and has done for 60 odd years

Archived