Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

How far will Mandy go?

To answer the thread title, I think on a first date Mandy will easily go to first base but if you want more than a snog try a little bit of romance as this dude once said. :|

xin_b301cd0c1b274b9ab13eca98e815070c_1.jpg

BTW I think thats his daughter isnt it? :wub:

I can tell you as fact that Dudley Moore is NOT Mandaric' daughter.

:whistle:

I'm a newbie and yes I'm supporting MM's decision re MA. Sure its obvious that they did not get along but that was not the main reason for him going. I have contact with people in the club and it was the way that MA treated everyone and was not prepared to listen to the opinions of anyone else that were the big problems. Lots of people in all sections of the club were not happy with his behaviour.

I'm a newbie and yes I'm supporting MM's decision re MA. Sure its obvious that they did not get along but that was not the main reason for him going. I have contact with people in the club and it was the way that MA treated everyone and was not prepared to listen to the opinions of anyone else that were the big problems. Lots of people in all sections of the club were not happy with his behaviour.

I think you need to supply more detail, Newbie.

Who are your contacts?

Who are "lots of people"?

Oh, and welcome :welcome:

Just a couple of examples. MA would call early morning meetings with coaching staff knowing this would mean that those who lived outside the area would have to get up very early. They would then be sitting around for over an hour waiting for MA to arrive. Our new victorious youth team no longer allowed to use the main pitch at belvoir drive or use the changing rooms until they have "earned the right".

" OPINIONS OF ANYONE ELSE"----------------yes-that must be it!!

Especially MM's regarding a certain J F H (NOW WITH CARDIFF)

Just a couple of examples. MA would call early morning meetings with coaching staff knowing this would mean that those who lived outside the area would have to get up very early. They would then be sitting around for over an hour waiting for MA to arrive. Our new victorious youth team no longer allowed to use the main pitch at belvoir drive or use the changing rooms until they have "earned the right".

Yeah, but we knew that last bit. MA himself made that clear and some on here agreed they should earn the right. That was his style.

Are you going to spill the beans on who your 'contacts' are, then?? I take it that it's a coaching staff person :dunno:

Im sorry kent but my contact is high up in the club and so I dont feel I can name him. I'd missed that MA had already made public the bit about the youth team so some more info instead - hope this is also new info;

When JFH turmned upo with his agent at the walkers to meet with MA. MA buggered off leaving embarrased staff to speak with them when the agent was asking people where he could find MA's office.

Im sorry kent but my contact is high up in the club and so I dont feel I can name him. I'd missed that MA had already made public the bit about the youth team so some more info instead - hope this is also new info;

When JFH turmned upo with his agent at the walkers to meet with MA. MA buggered off leaving embarrased staff to speak with them when the agent was asking people where he could find MA's office.

Hmm!

Also knew about the JFH incident, or the rumours surrounding that incident.

So, err, NO! Not new.

*ponders foxpleasure's motives and truthfulness*

The whole MA thing is ancient history to me and I had thought that most thought the same. I dont care about MA`s methods and why he left, Im more intersted in hearing who is on the short list for our new manager and thank god Sturrock was ruled out today.

There were many eccentric aspects to MA's management which probably led to Kisnorbo's reported transfer request and, it is rumoured, other TR's though I've not heard of these first hand, but which, if they happened would have put considerable pressure on Mandaric.

The point is though that MA's bizarre style was nothing new or unexpected and MM was still seen to allow the tail to wag the dog by supporting the players at the cost of the manager's authority. In my view an extremely risky precedent to set.

Now it seems no coincidence to me that various people mentioned as among our favourites for the managership seem either to have distanced themselves from the job or be less than thrilled at the prospect.

It really would strike a blow for managers and their contracts if word has gone around to take a stand and MM has serious difficulty getting anyone to do the job because of his flippant hire 'em and fire 'em style and comments. I don't believe that will be the case, people are notoriously fickle where money and opportunity are concerned, but it would serve him right.

Yet I cannot but feel that all this could have been avoided with a little diplomacy and common sense or - in other words the involvement of a Director of Football with excellent communication skills and some serious clout.

I don't usually see much point in the role but with MM seemingly wanting so much input on the managerial side, and no manager worth his salt being prepared to be dictated to on signings and team selection, there really needs to be a communications expert at the City.

One who knows Leicester City, knows the players, knows football, can act as mediator and diplomat, can assess players in a scouting sense, can motivate people who are underperforming or struggling to make further progress and and who will make himself useful in a hundred ways.

The DoF would be the perfect buffer between manager and chairman so that no player would ever have direct access to the chairman and therefore be in a position to undermine the manager.

While he would be close enough to MM to advise him. he would also ensure the club moves in the direction the chairman advocates in terms of style throughout the different levels, youth and development policy, commitment to entertainment etc. And any manager would need to be a disciple of those ideals - but as laid out, not with the goalposts being moved every month or two.

It would be the DoF who would have responsibility for ensuring that players weren't treated like children, not Mandaric. Because MM cannot afford to be compromised. He needs to stand aloof and let his wishes be known through the DoF who woud, in turn, protect him from advocating anything which would backfire or be potentially disastrous.

Football is a team game but it doesn't always appear that Leicester's football administration works that way.

I don't see them as being anywhere near a reason for a dismissal, early meetings and late arrivals by Directors are common industry. As for them not being able to use the main pitch mmmm a real sackable offence.

You going have to do better than that.

Again I couldn't add up the number of times I've been asked to attend 'senior' meetings and those calling the meeting haven't turned up. These are all minor events.

The whole MA thing is ancient history to me and I had thought that most thought the same. I dont care about MA`s methods and why he left, Im more intersted in hearing who is on the short list for our new manager and thank god Sturrock was ruled out today.

I'm not even interested in who's on the short list, it'll probably be a different list tomorrow.

I don't see them as being anywhere near a reason for a dismissal, early meetings and late arrivals by Directors are common industry. As for them not being able to use the main pitch mmmm a real sackable offence.

You going have to do better than that.

Do you think that reports of senior players putting in transfer requests are a reason for dismissal?

Do you think that reports of senior players putting in transfer requests are a reason for dismissal?

Not in itself, for example if it was Kisnorbo he may have been tapped up for a Premier move. If the reasons were genuine then MM should have investigated the reasons, maybe tried some mediation. Of course he could have done this and found that MA was committing some serious offences but the ones mentioned above are just laughable.

If someone somewhere knows of some justifiable reasons let them speak up untill now I've heard of nothing that was either serious or not resolvable, assuming we're dealing with sensible intelligent adults - but I guess, in the case of LCFC that's where my theory flounders.

It depends how many did I suppose. And why.

The implication is several and because of MA's methods but this is again totally unsubstantiated and may be part of Daggers concerns about what MM is willing to do.

I'd also be interested to know why MA only got 6 months of his 3 year contract payed up, were there grounds for dismissal with nothing?

Not in itself, for example if it was Kisnorbo he may have been tapped up for a Premier move. If the reasons were genuine then MM should have investigated the reasons, maybe tried some mediation. Of course he could have done this and found that MA was committing some serious offences but the ones mentioned above are just laughable.

If someone somewhere knows of some justifiable reasons let them speak up untill now I've heard of nothing that was either serious or not resolvable, assuming we're dealing with sensible intelligent adults - but I guess, in the case of LCFC that's where my theory flounders.

I couldn't agree more, ceratin things the club has done in the past three weeks or so have left me completley baffled. The sacking, my ejection and ban and the absloute farce over the Forest tickets to name a few.

I'm not even interested in who's on the short list, it'll probably be a different list tomorrow.

I`d like to know the official MM shortlist and not the tabloid or bookie rumour mill lists. I`m interested in seeing what type of manager is being earmarked by MM as at this stage, after a young inexperienced manager has come and left, I am at a loss what the next step forward is. Experience? foreign? He obviously has 4-6 on his short list if we believe his comments to the Merc.

The implication is several and because of MA's methods but this is again totally unsubstantiated and may be part of Daggers concerns about what MM is willing to do.

I'd also be interested to know why MA only got 6 months of his 3 year contract payed up, were there grounds for dismissal with nothing?

I don't really have any concerns...I was just bored of reading a load of the threads in LCFC and thought this would spice it up.

It didn't. ;)

I don't really have any concerns...I was just bored of reading a load of the threads in LCFC and thought this would spice it up.

It didn't. ;)

Spoilsport, I wanted to get this thread running but you've killed it now. :cry:

Archived