Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueoveru

Stephen Hughes Comments

I agree with his comment, he didn't fail.

He has been better than the likes of Elvis, Rab and Maybury but he wasn't amazing like Muzzy Izzet used to be.

I'm sorry, but the guy did fail. He had the potential to be such a good player for this club, but he just didn't show it. He was pretty decent in one or two cup games (spurs springs to mind) but in most of the rest he was just anonymous. Just not good enough- and I remember a good few on here at the time he signed who thought he'd be a decent player for us; sadly he didn't come anywhere close.

That's right. We're like Brothers!

Listen, this party is some proper VIP shit business. All the big players in Leicester are going to be there, these tickets are selling for thousands on the street! But Stevo as it's you I think I might be able to sort a special price, I'm willing to negotiate.

Yeah, VIP's such as Sappleton, Thracian, Beaglehole, Paul from catering and Tracy the cleaner are all on the list!!

He was by no means the worst player. He was decent sometimes, but often he was below average. I don't really see him as a failure, we didn't pay a huge amount for him. But he certainly wasn't a success story either.

Agree with most people on here that, for £100K, we can't moan really. Also agree that he was much better than the likes of Jarrett. Being in one of our worst ever sides also didn't help his reputation in Leicester.

Hughes was much like Williams in a way. He definitely had the ability - that much was evident on the rare occasions he remembered he was a professional football player and could be arsed to produce the goods. More often than not, he was lazy and couldn't be bothered, which I think is why many people don't rate him at all.

Hughes was much like Williams in a way. He definitely had the ability - that much was evident on the rare occasions he remembered he was a professional football player and could be arsed to produce the goods. More often than not, he was lazy and couldn't be bothered, which I think is why many people don't rate him at all.

Jamies back.... :D:wave:

yeah hughes, was a good footballer, he lacked that extra bit tho to be a real success. He wasnt the worst player to wear the shirt... players spring to mind such as junior lewis, matt jones, lee marshall, akinbiyi...the list goes on.... anyway he was like most have said very average.....

A good passer, good fitness levels on the pitch at times, and could shoot...although most of them ended up hitting the corner flag.... :D

He's gone now, good luck to him....

Stopped reading after that!!!! :D

Well... this is all about our own views, if you dont like it thats your problem....he was a good player but like i said he lacked that extra bit....if you had read further on, i wasnt saying he was special!!! :angry:

He was poor most of the time, but he had more potential than he showed and its a shame to see that from any player....

If you knew anything,in terms of the squad, you have gotta look around at the players we have had over the past two years, he wasnt the worst one in there, a lot of the time he was used as the scape goat!!!

Sometimes he deserved the stick, sometimes he was better than what we had on the park....

Anyway he has gone like i said.... :D

Well... this is all about our own views, if you dont like it thats your problem....he was a good player but like i said he lacked that extra bit....if you had read further on, i wasnt saying he was special!!! :angry:

He was poor most of the time, but he had more potential than he showed and its a shame to see that from any player....

If you knew anything,in terms of the squad, you have gotta look around at the players we have had over the past two years, he wasnt the worst one in there, a lot of the time he was used as the scape goat!!!

Sometimes he deserved the stick, sometimes he was better than what we had on the park....

Anyway he has gone like i said.... :D

:yawn:lol

Archived