Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueoveru

Stephen Hughes Comments

In the same article he states that his move back to Scotland should help him stake a claim for the national team!

:laugh:

If he plays well, he coul dget in the Brazilian national team as he has all the attributes.

hughesy was and is a decent footballer

he can pass and had some decent skill. his consistency was poor much in the same way as williams. however, over the past 3 dull, below average sub-standard seasons he has been of an elite few who actually look like they know how to play football on occasions.......on occasions!!

all to be few and and far between though.

wouldve prefered him rather than jarret, yeates, tiatto, porter and the other clowns who were playing at the end of last season

best for him to move though of course give the need to improve

He wasn't a failure though, but on the other hand he wasn't a success either.

He chipped in with some vital goals that kept us up at the end of 2005/06, that's enough reason to suggest he wasn't a complete failure. We paid £100,000 for him and re-couped most of that back when we sold him. Had he not scored those goals, we'd have been in all sorts of problems.

He was average.

Have you recieved your invite yet MF!! I can't wait, this year we've been told that we can have more then 1 piece of chicken!!

Yeah,

I'm getting a pot of beans this year hopefully.

But i'm pretty sure it said bring your drinks on the invite. Want to go twos on a bottle of Fanta?

He wasn't a failure though, but on the other hand he wasn't a success either.

He chipped in with some vital goals that kept us up at the end of 2005/06, that's enough reason to suggest he wasn't a complete failure. We paid £100,000 for him and re-couped most of that back when we sold him. Had he not scored those goals, we'd have been in all sorts of problems.

He was average.

he did play well at the end of that season

was nice to see him and williams playing some neat football together even if it was all too fleeting.

those two in a 3 with clemence might have been a good midfield.

ha ha.....think im being daft now

Hughes might consider he wasn't a failure - and he wasn't the worst player to wear our shirt by any means. But he's easily pleased.

Hughes did get the odd vital goal but was largely ineffective because he didn't take enough responsibility with his passing and didn't either get into the penalty area often enough to trouble defenders nor did he show the composure and concentration necessary to finish when he did get in there.

Hughes was a lightweight Championship midfielder with a reasonably good engine.

Hughes might consider he wasn't a failure - and he wasn't the worst player to wear our shirt by any means. But he's easily pleased.

Hughes did get the odd vital goal but was largely ineffective because he didn't take enough responsibility with his passing and didn't either get into the penalty area often enough to trouble defenders nor did he show the composure and concentration necessary to finish when he did get in there.

Hughes was a lightweight Championship midfielder with a reasonably good engine.

I certainly agree. He was by no means the worst player. He was decent sometimes, but often he was below average. I don't really see him as a failure, we didn't pay a huge amount for him. But he certainly wasn't a success story either.

Unfortunately for Hughes his time at Leicester is almost a mirror image of his time at Rangers. He was originally thought of highly but injuries took there toll on him and his career stuttered. Even when he was sold some Gers fans actually thought he was worth persevering with in the hope that he shows some of the passing and shooting and general good midfield play that he displayed at times. He flattered to deceive with us also but this time it wasn't really injuries that were to blame but more his inconsistency. He has decent performances in him but whether or not he can be bothered or whether or not his new manager can get the best out of him is open to debate. For now, he is that £40-50k midfielder and what can you get footballer wise with that money in 2007?

I'm glad to be rid of him but I did feel sorry for him in a way. He was never the greatest player, not the worst ever, and sometimes he chipped in with some vital goals.

Kelly playing him wide right did him absolutely no favours and his Leicester career was somewhat ruined in a way because of this. It changed many people's opinions on him.

Elvis is having a party? I want to go! :cry:
It's a invitation only event, but if you speak to Master Fox nicely, he may be able to sort you out a ticket!! MF and Elvis are close, I mean very close!!!

NOTE: Bring your own drink to the party!!

That's right. We're like Brothers!

Listen, this party is some proper VIP shit business. All the big players in Leicester are going to be there, these tickets are selling for thousands on the street! But Stevo as it's you I think I might be able to sort a special price, I'm willing to negotiate.

Archived