Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

We have to back "whoever comes"

I know that this may prove to be a slighty left-field suggestion, but what about snatching John Collins from Hibs? Took them to a League Cup victory last year, and they are unbeaten in this. He's young, ambitious, and, as shown by some of the players Hibs have produced, is prepared to give youth a chance. He also seems like a likeable character and has a high workrate.

I'll probably be on my own in this, but he's my choice.

Good shout, I definitely wouldn't turn him down.

But in football, players and managers will always leave smaller clubs for bigger ones.

Are you suggesting Allen shouldn't have come to us?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm saying their fans don't share your view of Allen's supposed integrity.

Besides, my original point was more to do with Allen and Warnock both being self-proclaimed "winners", whose records don't quite live up to the hype, who play direct football with the emphasis on fitness and strength and who don't mince their words.

What Davies has written it basically nothing that we wont do anyway. Of course well support of team and manager but we`ll have a moan on forums like this. I have never been and never will be one for having a pop at managers or players at the stadium as IMO, it never does any good and infact, has the negative effect as the players can sense the shite atmosphere coming from us.

Anyway, just to add a bit of realism to the whole manager theme and what we all want a don't want, I thought I`d bring out an old thread started in April when we were discussing new managers. It was a poll of only about 100 and something "voters" but it is quite important to see our preferences and what we ended up with. It wasn't too long after that a few of us thought that MA, who wasn't our favourite choice ended up being the new messiah. The reason why I think its relevant to mention this is because despite how bad we may think that the likes of Megson, Reid, Warnock and the rest might be, the fact is they have done sufficiently well in parts of there careers to manage big clubs and have already had levels of success. Whoever is in charge may well get the club going again and we may look back on days like today where most are apprehensive and think "We shouldn't have been too worried" lol

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...hl=next+manager

Lets not panic because if the incumbent fooks up he`ll be booted out sharpish lol

Archived