Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

We have to back "whoever comes"

From the Blue Army website:

====================

We have to back Milan - Davies

by Andy Mann

Leicester City chief executive Tim Davies today urged fans to back Milan Mandaric in his hunt for a new manager.

Mandaric is searching for a new boss following last week's departure of Martin Allen.

The City owner has drawn up a short-list and is expected to step up his pursuit when he returns from America.

A string of names have been linked with the vacancy, including Iain Dowie, Glenn Roeder, Neil Warnock, Peter Reid, Gary Megson and Paul Sturrock.

Davies described the appointment of a new manager as an “important decision”.

And he called on fans to get behind whoever is brought in.

“That's the beauty of football, that everyone has their opinion, good and bad, about players and managers,” said Davies.

“Milan Mandaric has stated his objective is getting the club to the Premier League.

“It's important we get behind him in that objective and make the right appointment.”

Mandaric yesterday appeared to rule out Swindon manager Sturrock.

He said: “I haven't made an approach to Swindon for Paul Sturrock and I don't expect to.

“There is a lot of speculation around at the moment and this is just what this is - pure speculation. Paul Sturrock is not even a manager I had really thought about,” he told the Swindon Advertiser.

==========================================

I hope I'm misinterpreting this but it's almost as if he's preparing us for someone who might be unpopular.

Not necessarily because he's the one MM most wants, but because he's the one he can get.

But we'll see.

Like I said earlier I've already resigned myself to getting an average manager. That list of managers doesn't get me excited at all. He'd be the most unpopular choice probably but out of that lot I'd most prefer Warnock. I just don't want a manager who lets the players get away with things too easily.

Whoever comes in though, I'll back them, it would be stupid not to.

I personally agree in the fact that we must back whoever MM brings in,although if it is Warnock(as you are implying in your footnote!) i think there will be a few who will not initially support him.

We wait with baited breath for the return of MM and another new manager!

[..] I hope I'm misinterpreting this but it's almost as if he's preparin us for someone who might be unpopular. [..]

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was reading it.

I'll give my support to any manager than comes to us and judge them on results/performances after a reasonable number of games.

With one exception: Warnock. If that abomination of a human being comes anywhere near the club I'll be giving away my season ticket.

I'm piss bored with 'Hunt for manager Pt.II', it's dull.

There's no decent (reliable) rumours, no decent names in the mix and the bloke that's meant to be sorting it is on his fecking holidays in the States.

I want a semi-decent attacking team, I want football on Saturdays instead of acres of blank days and I want some decent signings on loan and at Xmas.

At the moment my patience is being sorely tried by MM.

I read it and thought.... there's lots of our fans who have written in to the Mercury criticising Mandaric for getting rid of their long standing hero Martin Allen. The club are obviously understanding that some fans find it disturbing that we've already got through one manager this season and therefore this type of story is to try and calm things down. The usual battle cry.

But it could also be taken as a plea before some horrific news is announced.

I read it and thought.... there's lots of our fans who have written in to the Mercury criticising Mandaric for getting rid of their long standing hero Martin Allen. The club are obviously understanding that some fans find it disturbing that we've already got through one manager this season and therefore this type of story is to try and calm things down. The usual battle cry.

But it could also be taken as a plea before some horrific news is announced.

Hardly true, he was only here for 3 months ffs.

What worries me is that we are only being linked with shocking managers with terrible recent track records. Jewell, Grayson et al don't appear to have been mentioned anywhere. I suppose Dowie's ok but it's only cause Cov are doing well at the mo. They won't be there come May.

I find the whole thing patronising and insulting most of us have been here long before Davies arrived and certainly longer than MM and we'll be here long after.

MM's here to make money so don't give us all this bullshit about trust, faith and support, Davies earns circa £200k a year and they're telling us the paying fans to back whoever comes - WTF have we been doing for the last 4 year we've blindly supported dross after dross after dross.

Don't these people realise that criticising is part and parcel of being a supporter and demonstrate our concern, we're not criticising for laughs or out of boredom, well most of the time; of course we'll back whoever comes in and I'd hazard a guess, based on the support that Levein & Kelly got from the fans a lot longer than MM will.

I wont back someone just because Milan chose him. I will be neutral for at least a month before forming an opinion (unless its warnock, in which case I will take severe predjudice). If he gets it right I will back him fully. But blindly backing the new manager, especially based on Milans record, would be foolish.

I wont back someone just because Milan chose him. I will be neutral for at least a month before forming an opinion (unless its warnock, in which case I will take severe predjudice). If he gets it right I will back him fully. But blindly backing the new manager, especially based on Milans record, would be foolish.

Well said Monk.

Archived