Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

We have to back "whoever comes"

What will you precisely do by the way? You don't strike me as an angry man. It would be funny.

Forgot football, take up ironing or sommat.

This club has been severely trying my patience for years now... but it's always had respect for the heritage and the history of the club. Leicester City Football Club has always had an identity and a character. In my opinion, to appoint someone as clearly anti-LCFC as Warnock, pis ses all over those who have stood up for this club in the past or felt anger at unjust accusations.

It's time for LCFC to show a bit of backbone, if it still has it, show a bit of respect and dignity and NOT appoint Warnock.

Quite simply, if Warnock comes in, LCFC loses a lot of it's individuality, integrity and character as an independent body and become just another football club run by just another pumped up, big mouthed, over rated idiot.

This club has been severely trying my patience for years now... but it's always had respect for the heritage and the history of the club. Leicester City Football Club has always had an identity and a character. In my opinion, to appoint someone as clearly anti-LCFC as Warnock, pis ses all over those who have stood up for this club in the past or felt anger at unjust accusations.

It's time for LCFC to show a bit of backbone, if it still has it, show a bit of respect and dignity and NOT appoint Warnock.

Quite simply, if Warnock comes in, LCFC loses a lot of it's individuality, integrity and character as an independent body and become just another football club run by just another pumped up, big mouthed, over rated idiot.

;)

True. But we lost our integrity bit by bit a long time ago. Now I just find it funny with what goes on. A Warnock or Reid would have the natives up in arms, but it would be hilarious.

I'd help you carry that banner. :thumbup: Even if wouldn't get 500 yards.

Administration and La Manga. Others look down on us about those two incidents.

Yeah but I can look at a club and in it I see an identity. Yes, we have been through tough times, there have been laughable mistakes, ridiculous climaxes, over-achievement, abject failure and a large slice of mediocrity thrown in. But that's what I see when I look at Leicester City. A potentially top level football club which always just managed to fu ck it up somehow, but I love them because they are true to themselves and you can sympathise.

An example is that Leicester City have the potential like we all do, to be worldbeaters. But we all let ourselves down from time to time... you send me to Spain and get me drunk and who knows? I might let off a fire extuinguisher. I might fight back from a 3-0 deficit to a glorious 3-3, metaphorically, only to be denied by a last minute kick in the balls by a bigger bully with the authorities wrapped round his little finger, to lose 4-3 and retire as the plucky loser.

I'm comfortable with all of that. What I wouldn't do is employ someone who had previously argued I should be out of business.

If MM appoints Warnock he will lose any respect the fans have for him, as we all remember those words "couldn't appoint Warnock because of the fans reaction". So IF he does, then 3 months down the line he clearly doesn't respect the fans !

We signed Speedie a few years after that "dive", however the Brian Little didn't go on record saying he wouldn't sign him did he??

Have to wait and see but it will be a hostile atmosphere if Warnock is appointed.

Yeah but I can look at a club and in it I see an identity. Yes, we have been through tough times, there have been laughable mistakes, ridiculous climaxes, over-achievement, abject failure and a large slice of mediocrity thrown in. But that's what I see when I look at Leicester City. A potentially top level football club which always just managed to fu ck it up somehow, but I love them because they are true to themselves and you can sympathise.

An example is that Leicester City have the potential like we all do, to be worldbeaters. But we all let ourselves down from time to time... you send me to Spain and get me drunk and who knows? I might let off a fire extuinguisher. I might fight back from a 3-0 deficit to a glorious 3-3, metaphorically, only to be denied by a last minute kick in the balls by a bigger bully with the authorities wrapped round his little finger, to lose 4-3 and retire as the plucky loser.

I'm comfortable with all of that. What I wouldn't do is employ someone who had previously argued I should be out of business.

That to me though doesn't really matter, although I can see why it bothers others. Warnock wasn't the only one who kicked up a fuss back then. A certain Milan Mandaric also voiced his opinion on it and wanted us punished. That's been forgotten by most, but not about Warnock.

Warnock is a complete shit box, who you have to sometimes question his intentions. But i've read that people think he'd come here and deliberately balls us up. He might joke about stuff like that, but he's too competitive to stoop that low. Infact no-one would do that.

I don't want him here, but if he comes here. Then i'd find it quite amusing and interesting to see how he would get on here.

That to me though doesn't really matter, although I can see why it bothers others. Warnock wasn't the only one who kicked up a fuss back then. A certain Milan Mandaric also voiced his opinion on it and wanted us punished. That's been forgotten by most, but not about Warnock.

Warnock is a complete shit box, who you have to sometimes question his intentions. But i've read that people think he'd come here and deliberately balls us up. He might joke about stuff like that, but he's too competitive to stoop that low. Infact no-one would do that.

I don't want him here, but if he comes here. Then i'd find it quite amusing and interesting to see how he would get on here.

Warnock isn't even a good manager though. Don't see why anyone would welcome him here.

Spent loads of money on so many different strikeforces. Bought loads of cr ap players. Eventually went up when the division was very weak and managed extremely poorly in the premiership.

I know we can't exactly go out and appoint Wenger/Ferguson, but it astounds me that people are getting excited about Warnock.

He's one of the people I 'hate' most in football. Of course, that's not a true hate. But as much as you can hate someone based on the persona they portray through the media etc in the opportunities you've had of them to form an opinion.

Choose Warnock, choose plenty more Elvis Hammondalikes.

Warnock isn't even a good manager though. Don't see why anyone would welcome him here.

Spent loads of money on so many different strikeforces. Bought loads of cr ap players. Eventually went up when the division was very weak and managed extremely poorly in the premiership.

I know we can't exactly go out and appoint Wenger/Ferguson, but it astounds me that people are getting excited about Warnock.

He's one of the people I 'hate' most in football. Of course, that's not a true hate. But as much as you can hate someone based on the persona they portray through the media etc in the opportunities you've had of them to form an opinion.

Choose Warnock, choose plenty more Elvis Hammondalikes.

What the hell has Hammond done to be linked in the same sentence as an arsehole like Warnock? I don't remember Hammond calling Leicester or giving anything less than his best for first team or reserves. He also did quite a bit more than your precious Fryatt last season.

Warnock is just an older version of Martin Allen.

There are parrallels certainly.

But that's the point. I wanted 'our' one... not the one who dislikes us.

Besides, it's probably not a logical reaction or nor is it subject to reason, to argument or will it benefit from hours of debate, I'm quite simply not happy about the idea of Warnock here. It would cheapen and nasty us. As has already been pointed out - the club is already whored out, it's already simply a Serbian profit making mission, painted blue. But at least it's painted blue. Ostensibly it's ours. It isn't of course. We were just an attractive proposition. But we are fans. We are fickle. We buy in to MM's hollow praise of the city and of our support. It's music to our collective, western, materialistic and egocentric ear. I just don't like this Warnock talk. It's my perception and I expect it's extremely warped and distorted due to certain 'filters' I've had to apply before to still see City as the good guys... the true path... the way of the righteous.... the team who, against all the odds will eventually succeed. I guess perhaps LCFC has just finally lost some of the sheen for me, some of the romance and some of the intimacy. It diminishes with every name we're linked with.. we shouldn't be chasing managers. I've just tired of it all so quickly. So soon in to the season. Let's be honest, paint our stadium red and white, improve the support tenfold (miaow) and we're Southampton. Paint it black and white, add some passing football and we're Derby.

Bring back Lee Philpott, Steve Thompson, Steve Agnew, Gary Mills, Colin Hill. Sod it, I'll even take Nicky Mohan back and he was fuc king appalling.

I don't think there is any point to this post at all. I just feel completely indifferent about this season and the club itself. I fall out of love with it more each day.

Warnock would be a final straw - but the fact it's even being considered is enough. And if it's not him, it'll be something else. We'll poach Dennis Wise or bring in Mike Riley or ditch the KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL in favour of GIVE RACISM A CHANCE or something equally as idiotic, insensitive, ill-conceived and completely removed from the hopes, dreams, aspirations and consciousness fans who give this club a right to exist.

So speaks the blinkered Leicester City fan. Brentford and MK Dons fans didn't seem to credit him with much integrity.

But in football, players and managers will always leave smaller clubs for bigger ones.

Are you suggesting Allen shouldn't have come to us?

What the hell has Hammond done to be linked in the same sentence as an arsehole like Warnock? I don't remember Hammond calling Leicester or giving anything less than his best for first team or reserves. He also did quite a bit more than your precious Fryatt last season.

In short.

1) He's black.

2) He's supposedly a striker.

3) He's quick.

4) He's fu cking appalling.

I know that this may prove to be a slighty left-field suggestion, but what about snatching John Collins from Hibs? Took them to a League Cup victory last year, and they are unbeaten in this. He's young, ambitious, and, as shown by some of the players Hibs have produced, is prepared to give youth a chance. He also seems like a likeable character and has a high workrate.

I'll probably be on my own in this, but he's my choice.

==========================================

I hope I'm misinterpreting this but it's almost as if he's preparing us for someone who might be unpopular.

Not necessarily because he's the one MM most wants, but because he's the one he can get.

But we'll see.

That's what I thought when I read that. :thumbup:

I know that this may prove to be a slighty left-field suggestion, but what about snatching John Collins from Hibs? Took them to a League Cup victory last year, and they are unbeaten in this. He's young, ambitious, and, as shown by some of the players Hibs have produced, is prepared to give youth a chance. He also seems like a likeable character and has a high workrate.

I'll probably be on my own in this, but he's my choice.

I would absolutely love it if we could get John Collins as Head Coach and Jean Tigana as Director of Football. That would be a potential dream team.

Archived