Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bringbackWalshie

Levi Porter out again

Went out thurs night and had the mis-fortune to see Levi, again he was drinking and pissed as a fart. I asked him why he was wasting his career eating fried chicken and gettin drunk every weekend. His answer what do u care i can do what i want i'm not bothered, i'm getttin paid!

The sooner we get a strong disciplined manager the better, hopefully he'll sack this little sponger and he can try to make a living selling aftershave in club toilets

I remember back in the Peter Taylor days, i would see both Frank sinclar and Gerry Taggert out on the lash.

As a season tickt holder at the time, paying good money to see us get relegated, it hurt very much. It never would of happened under M-O.

Levi is young and needs to be mentored well, footballing lifes r short if u dont look after ur self.

we should do the drinking for them

mead

I remember back in the Peter Taylor days, i would see both Frank sinclar and Gerry Taggert out on the lash.

As a season tickt holder at the time, paying good money to see us get relegated, it hurt very much. It never would of happened under M-O.

Levi is young and needs to be mentored well, footballing lifes r short if u dont look after ur self.

we should do the drinking for them

mead

That's pretty funny. The O'Neill team used to get absolutely wankered at every available opportunity.

Maybe his attitude has something to do with the way people speak to him.

I asked him why he was wasting his career eating fried chicken and gettin drunk every weekend.

What would your response be to this! You'd probably tell whoever it was to F*** off.

maybe it was a little unwise to confront a player on a night out , who was apparently drinking ( maybe to excess , who knows ?) but there does seem to be an insidious drinking culture within the game that does need addressing at a higher level and indeed many promising young stars perhaps are not getting the guidance they need :dunno:

Why shouldn't he be out? He's only 20 and he's not got a game for 9 days! Give the guy a break, he needs to be able to do the same stuff as his mates sometimes. Don't tell me you've not been out a week before something important at work?!!!!!

Maybe his attitude has something to do with the way people speak to him.

What would your response be to this! You'd probably tell whoever it was to F*** off.

He's a supposedly professional athlete who at one point looked like he had a very bright future ahead of him.

Drinking and 'eating fried chicken' along with a supposedly poor attitude are I'm sure part of the reason why he is nowhere near fulfilling his potential. He may not have a game for another week but he should be training and looking after his body - that's why players are paid what they are, because they should be in peak condition. You wouldn't see Paula Radcliffe or an olympic sprinter drinking and eating like that because the next race was two weeks away. Sport is generally decided on small margins and being in peak condition is often the difference between winning and losing.

He can obviously do what he wants but I just think it's a shame for the lad, he was playing for England youth teams not that long ago and he'll probably end up carving a career out for himself in the lower leagues / conference. He could turn that round if he wanted to but he doesn't seem to have the necessary dedication (ditto Stearman).

i think him saying wot do you care is abit much we pay his wages support the team then he just chucks it back at us i think he might be abit pissed of with not having a place in the starting line up every game when he has bin playing good hopefully if thats true he will get over it.

He's a supposedly professional athlete who at one point looked like he had a very bright future ahead of him.

Drinking and 'eating fried chicken' along with a supposedly poor attitude are I'm sure part of the reason why he is nowhere near fulfilling his potential. He may not have a game for another week but he should be training and looking after his body - that's why players are paid what they are, because they should be in peak condition. You wouldn't see Paula Radcliffe or an olympic sprinter drinking and eating like that because the next race was two weeks away. Sport is generally decided on small margins and being in peak condition is often the difference between winning and losing.

He can obviously do what he wants but I just think it's a shame for the lad, he was playing for England youth teams not that long ago and he'll probably end up carving a career out for himself in the lower leagues / conference. He could turn that round if he wanted to but he doesn't seem to have the necessary dedication (ditto Stearman).

i haven't said what he was doing was a right just that his attitude to certain fans maybe because of their attitude to him.

Besides I don't buy all this eating fried chicken and boozing tittle tattle, so he is seen out on a saturday night now and again enjoying himself the way young people seem to do, what about the rest of his time 90% of which people now FA about. If he's fit that probably wont have to much effect on him anyway, plenty of players drink and have the occasional blow out, it's not something I would do but they manage to cope alright all the way to the top of English football.

Whats wrong with him being out? Hes a young lad and not playing until next weekend.

The fact is that he's always on the lash. My mate at work knows Levi's Mrs so they go out a lot together, and she knows Porter's always out. The young lads just dont seem to have a clue. I would give anything to play for city and some people just don't seem to appreciate it.

Would someone like Roy Keane be seen stumbling out of a nightclub rat arsed when he was playing for Utd? I don't think so.. :rolleyes:

If Levi was playing week in, week out and producing the goods no one would mention him being out on the town but then that applies to all professional sportsmen. The same applied to Freddie Flintoff, everyone laughed when he pissed in the Prime Ministers garden after the Ashes but because he was playing shit last winter in the Windies everyone got on his back. It's time we stopped looking at sportsman as role models and look at ourselves and how we all conduct ourselves in public and private situations instead of finding excuses for why our kids copy their sporting idols.

Went out thurs night and had the mis-fortune to see Levi, again he was drinking and pissed as a fart. I asked him why he was wasting his career eating fried chicken and gettin drunk every weekend. His answer what do u care i can do what i want i'm not bothered, i'm getttin paid!

The sooner we get a strong disciplined manager the better, hopefully he'll sack this little sponger and he can try to make a living selling aftershave in club toilets

Who gives a f**k what he does in his spare time? If hes putting it in on the pitch then what more do we want? He's only a young lad!

And the @It wouldn't happen under MON crap, they all used to (Lennon + co)

Who gives a f**k what he does in his spare time? If hes putting it in on the pitch then what more do we want? He's only a young lad!

And the @It wouldn't happen under MON crap, they all used to (Lennon + co)

I agree, they were all out on the piss under MON. But i disagree with your other point. He's not exactly putting it in on the pitch is he? He is a young lad yes, then perhaps it needs someone to point him in the right direction. I couldn't give a f*** what he does in his spare time, but as a pro footballer I would prefere him to stay after training for a couple of hours and practise his abysmal crossing than out on the tiles every night.

It's his decision at the end of the day, but if he carries on he will end up as one of those nearly players ala Louis Dodds/Tommy Wright who spends the rest of their careers at League 1&2 clubs which is a shame.

I agree, they were all out on the piss under MON. But i disagree with your other point. He's not exactly putting it in on the pitch is he? He is a young lad yes, then perhaps it needs someone to point him in the right direction. I couldn't give a f*** what he does in his spare time, but as a pro footballer I would prefere him to stay after training for a couple of hours and practise his abysmal crossing than out on the tiles every night.

It's his decision at the end of the day, but if he carries on he will end up as one of those nearly players ala Louis Dodds/Tommy Wright who spends the rest of their careers at League 1&2 clubs which is a shame.

Bit harsh on Dodds, he's only on loan there.

How do you know he doesn't practice his crosses? It's got nothing to do with whether he goes out on the tiles! Why do you assume it's every night?

Exaggeration doesn't strengthen your point of view.

Bit harsh on Dodds, he's only on loan there.

Yeh I know he's on loan. But even if he has a wonder season do you think he will come back and challenge for a 1st team place?

How do you know he doesn't practice his crosses? It's got nothing to do with whether he goes out on the tiles! Why do you assume it's every night?

Exaggeration doesn't strengthen your point of view.

Well judging from his crossing ability he needs to practice more! and when did I say every night? Like I said previously in this thread, I have a friend at work who knows Levi's mrs and she knows he's always out. He goes to the local pub on the saffron lane area often aswell. I just wish these younger lads didnt get themselves in this situation, you don't become a great player from an attitude like that. it's my opinion and im entitled to it

Yeh I know he's on loan. But even if he has a wonder season do you think he will come back and challenge for a 1st team place?

Well judging from his crossing ability he needs to practice more! and when did I say every night? Like I said previously in this thread, I have a friend at work who knows Levi's mrs and she knows he's always out. He goes to the local pub on the saffron lane area often aswell. I just wish these younger lads didnt get themselves in this situation, you don't become a great player from an attitude like that. it's my opinion and im entitled to it

In my books that means every night, or every Friday/Saturday night at the least!

He probably used to go down the park and get rat arsed when he was younger anyway lol

And noones taking your opinion away from you, just disagreeing.

Archived