Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, love - here's a nice picture of a kitten while us menfolk go about talking manthings

<some ball of fluff>

Oh, and make us a cup of tea while you're at it, wench :thumbup:

<silly symbols>

Geeks. :rolleyes:

Ubuntu has been a right pig for a week. No printer, no wireless, no 3d graphics and a rubbish screen resolution...and that's before I even bopthered looking at anything else.

In the end I drove over the lot of it with a steamroller-sized Sabayon...which looks stunning and configures like a dream. Try it :thumbup:

I'm keen to get into Linux... it's an interesting concept.

I fear, however, that the hardware in my possession at the minute will all be a collective hunk of shit as far as Linux is concerned. I wouldn't risk trying it on my rather powerful laptop because I live by wireless, so any distro would have to be 802.11b/g wireless capable from the go... with WPA encryption, to boot. I also doubt any distro's ability to support my sound and video cards properly... I'm not aware of drivers for either said pieces of equipment that would work for Linux... There'd be no point having such a flash machine if the bits that make it flash aren't going to be fully supported. :ermm:

I might have to purchase a simpler laptop to experiment with Linux on... or wait until I find a distro that won't be a bastard about my hardware.

I'll probably just end up installing Vista Business on this laptop, though. Not yet... not until I'm sure Vista won't be a bastard about my hardware... ;):ph34r:

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, love - here's a nice picture of a kitten while us menfolk go about talking manthings

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/cats/ksw-june99-kitten.jpg

Oh, and make us a cup of tea while you're at it, wench :thumbup:

:D

:unsure:

:ph34r:

lol

Geeks. :rolleyes:

Women. :rolleyes:

Edited by lookwhaticando

Throughly miserable,argument after argument with the most annoying person I've ever met at college today,who tries his best to distract me through lesson.And to top it off I've come home to a not so happy household with a row erupting between my mother and brother with me caught in the crossfire.This tops my week off where I'm really worried about a close friend who could have a sexually transmitted disease and another friend who is possibly being cheated on.Glad to have got that off my chest!

Throughly miserable,argument after argument with the most annoying person I've ever met at college today,who tries his best to distract me through lesson.And to top it off I've come home to a not so happy household with a row erupting between my mother and brother with me caught in the crossfire.This tops my week off where I'm really worried about a close friend who could have a sexually transmitted disease and another friend who is possibly being cheated on.Glad to have got that off my chest!

Ouch.

Well my week has been very uninspiring. Probably one of the most average weeks possible...

Mine too mate winds me up a treat 20 meg broadband & i can't get onto my e-mails without waiting around for 5 minutes :angry:

lol

when yahoo changed to beta, it was awful, every other key pressed didn't work, but its fine now and i would hate to go back, so hag in there...

beyond that, got a cold, got sent home from work as a result, and watched a woody allen movie and lost hours in Reason.

This is my first attempt at a general chat thread so im fully prepared for deletion lol

A place to say whether your day was good or bad & why?

I'll start it

Cricket: check :)

Rugby: check :)

Football: check :D

Got steaming drunk last night & woke up without a hangover: check :D

Today was a good day :thumbsup:

Great first thread.

Mixed day for me. Too much work.

Well today i took a trip to Elland Road. As i've never been there before i enjoyed my visit. The game was very good, but League One is a different standard to Championship. Bad Penalty Miss but two very good goals from both sides. Also class atmosphere, the whole Leeds stadium sang together.

Imagine a day so boring that you wish boredom was the leading cause of death in the world.

Then, make the day twice as boring.

You're nearly where I'm at right now. I'm at work (saw no reason not to get paid to do nothing when there's nothing better to do like watch the footy). They had a promotion on in the store... the promotion was shit. Sales have been truly awful. On the plus side, there's lots of yummy free food on the go 'cos no fuckers turned up to buy anything. lol

In two hours, it'll all be over. I'll be a little bit richer, and that's about it.

The net change to my life as a result of today: zero. Today has been neutral. I earned a little, but got bored out of my tree doing it. :mellow::|:S:(:ermm::sweating: