Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Crap day really - got in from town at 3:40am.... alarm went off at 4:30am to get me up for work so managed about 40 minutes kip. Then couldnt sleep well when I got in from work so Ive been tired all day and was meant to be out on the town again tonight but couldnt be arsed. My idea of a good night out does not involve dozing off in a club around midnight (it's happened before)

yesterday i was supposed to work unpaid, but i was unwell, so i didn't, but i had to get out of the house so i went to the library to write...

then bought some vinyl

then had lasagne

then watched 'passport to pimlico' with the missus

slept well, and out any minute to do some more unpaid work...

so, not perfect, but i feel a good deal better, and life is good...

Me mum and Dad decided to split up last weekend after 20 years, It didn't really set in until today when my dad started packing his stuff up, ouch!

but apart from that, enjoyed the rugby and football yesterday and am very much looking forward to super-sport-saturday next week (going tigers with the mrs, running to a pub after and watching city then running to another pub and watching the rugby)

I am a little annoyed that there was no clock at the end of the Leicester Half Marathon, so whether I have broken the 2 hour mark is a mystery to me. For those cheeky monkeys who said that I should have worn a watch, well I didn't and with good reason, as I have friction burns from my mp3 strap, and would no doubt have had them round my wrist, which would have just looked dodgy.

And a big thanks to Raj! :cheers:

Much appreciated your support matey, didn't see you at the end, if you were there, so I apologise if you think I was being ignorant.

Oh, and I beat Sir Fynwy! :thumbsup:

I am a little annoyed that there was no clock at the end of the Leicester Half Marathon, so whether I have broken the 2 hour mark is a mystery to me. For those cheeky monkeys who said that I should have worn a watch, well I didn't and with good reason, as I have friction burns from my mp3 strap, and would no doubt have had them round my wrist, which would have just looked dodgy.

Much appreciated your support matey, didn't see you at the end, if you were there, so I apologise if you think I was being ignorant.

:appl:

Well done Lisa for taking part and achieving a good time (?), also to others that took part.

Decent day for it as well.

Once again, :appl:

Well Done to you and all from here who took part. :clap::thumbup:

Another hectic day for me and I am getting greyer by the minute for it. :cry:

I spent part of the day with my son who was his typical handful in Trocadero (biggest arcade in London), had an near punch-up with some Russian dude who I spotted messing about with one of the machines. I put my pound coin in and the machine didnt take it or return the money, I asked for a supervisor but after two mins of waiting I couldnt be bothered and moved on. My son was upset with not being able to play that game as its one of his favs (some beat em up, fook knows the name) so I kept on looking back towards the machine when I saw the dude and his missus sit down, pull out something and then a load of coins followed. I steamed in and he offered to give me £3 back (lol profit), I went nuts at him and cooled off as I had my 8yo son with me and it almost kicked off. I caused a scene a got the turd slung out though although in retrospect wasting 20 mins of my time with my son wasnt the cleverest thing but I cant stand people like that ripping others off.

Anyway, to cap off the day I got home not long ago and checked my mobile for messages to here that the ex sent me an abusive email for having a fight with some bloke at the arcade lol! I think the little lads side of the story to his mum was slightly exaggerated and I`ll know doubt have to explain myself in the morning!

Another hectic day for me and I am getting greyer by the minute for it. :cry:

I spent part of the day with my son who was his typical handful in Trocadero (biggest arcade in London), had an near punch-up with some Russian dude who I spotted messing about with one of the machines. I put my pound coin in and the machine didnt take it or return the money, I asked for a supervisor but after two mins of waiting I couldnt be bothered and moved on. My son was upset with not being able to play that game as its one of his favs (some beat em up, fook knows the name) so I kept on looking back towards the machine when I saw the dude and his missus sit down, pull out something and then a load of coins followed. I steamed in and he offered to give me £3 back (lol profit), I went nuts at him and cooled off as I had my 8yo son with me and it almost kicked off. I caused a scene a got the turd slung out though although in retrospect wasting 20 mins of my time with my son wasnt the cleverest thing but I cant stand people like that ripping others off.

Anyway, to cap off the day I got home not long ago and checked my mobile for messages to here that the ex sent me an abusive email for having a fight with some bloke at the arcade lol! I think the little lads side of the story to his mum was slightly exaggerated and I`ll know doubt have to explain myself in the morning!

It's always the way you do a good deed and it comes back to bite you on the a$$

:appl:

Well done Lisa for taking part and achieving a good time (?), also to others that took part.

Decent day for it as well.

Once again, :appl:

Cheers! The results are up, and I beat 2 hours! Didn't get the time I wanted, but I did it (don't ask me how). The weather was just right for me; not too hot, not too cold.

Today, my knees are killing me. :cry:

Cheers! The results are up, and I beat 2 hours! Didn't get the time I wanted, but I did it (don't ask me how). The weather was just right for me; not too hot, not too cold.

Today, my knees are killing me. :cry:

Hope that is due to the half Marathon!!!! :unsure::D

Well Done,good time! :thumbup:

Fantastic, thus far.

10/10.

The company HR department averted full scale nuclear war with with me. If they had deliberately shifted my goalposts (rather than mistakenly) there would have been hell to pay. Nowt hath no fury like a lookwhaticando when he feels he's being dicked. :ermm::D

Kudos Human Resources... you didn't get it completely wrong after all. :D

I am now coooooooool and calm. Sensual. :cool:

Edited by lookwhaticando

It's always the way you do a good deed and it comes back to bite you on the a$$

As an old twat there are two things that I have come to realize over the years and they are both very similar! As you say good deeds come to bite you on the backside and secondly don't think or even expect that your helpfulness or generosity will be reciprocated!

Today I picked my son up from school and after spending a few hours with him I took him home and his mum let rip that I endangered his life after "picking a fight" with some dude who was trying to rip off any normal person wanting to play an arcade machine. Somehow she then reminds me of my temper when I had a fight on Brixton High Road when some dude disrespected her when we strolled hand in hand. Its amazing how she plucks up this stuff 9 years on lol. Women never forget!

As for being helpful, I have lost count of the amount of times someone has called me and wants a favour like helping paint there newly purchased home or using one of my contacts to save them money on one thing or another. Those same people who I have asked to help me move or decorate then go missing! I have learned not to take it to heart but just realize that some people and it is only some, simply want and expect help when they ask but have no intention of helping others.

As an old twat there are two things that I have come to realize over the years and they are both very similar! As you say good deeds come to bite you on the backside and secondly don't think or even expect that your helpfulness or generosity will be reciprocated!

Today I picked my son up from school and after spending a few hours with him I took him home and his mum let rip that I endangered his life after "picking a fight" with some dude who was trying to rip off any normal person wanting to play an arcade machine. Somehow she then reminds me of my temper when I had a fight on Brixton High Road when some dude disrespected her when we strolled hand in hand. Its amazing how she plucks up this stuff 9 years on lol. Women never forget!

As for being helpful, I have lost count of the amount of times someone has called me and wants a favour like helping paint there newly purchased home or using one of my contacts to save them money on one thing or another. Those same people who I have asked to help me move or decorate then go missing! I have learned not to take it to heart but just realize that some people and it is only some, simply want and expect help when they ask but have no intention of helping others.

I know exactly how you feel Geo ive nearly given up all faith in humanity & im 21 lol

My quote of the day which i always stick by is "smile it confuses people" its very true its amazing how many dodgy looks i get when im walkin around with a big smile on my face :D